The beautiful thing about America.

RamOfKansas

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been but really want to. The people in our families who have been really love it and go back regulaly. Apparantly this week is the 150th Anniversary of Gettysburgh and the place is completely rammed. Their history might not be as old or illustrious as ours but it's important nonetheless.

So is every country or major city?

Not to that extent. I was making a reference to the American revolution. They make it out to be about independence and national pride. It was all about taxes, tariffs and trade affecting a wealthy elite, who roused the masses to revolt. It sounds a lot like the Iraq War, but that time the French joined in with the septics.   

It's s country built on money. There's a lot not to love about it.

It's built on hard work.

From what I can tell from some of the people around me, we have a lot to learn about that.

Yes, there's greed, like everywhere, and there's crass reductionism, especially in religion but the work ethic is what makes the US what it is.

One thing that amazes me about America is how they have an island nation following them about on world police duties like a pathetic loyal dog and they keep a straight face.

Tell me Kansas, when David Cameron crawls out of Obama's arse crack do you ever have a giggle?

I would but I'm too busy cringing.

America is the best country in the world for natural things..

It has everything, rangiing from every climate possible, to deserts, forests, lakes, amazing surf, beaches, mountains, ski ranges, natural wonders...

Everything.. It's a country of countries..

It also has beautiful women and in many parts really friendly people..

Deserts - Tesco sell a lovely cheesecake

Forests - Nottingham, Robin Hood

Lakes - Down south have some cracking carp fishing lakes

Amazing surf - Cornwall

Beaches - Cleethorpes

Mountains - Ben Nevis, Snowdon

Ski - Swadlincote Ski & Snowboard Centre

Women? Holly Willoughby mmmmm

America pfffft

Deserts - Tesco sell a lovely cheesecake

Forests - Nottingham, Robin Hood

Lakes - Down south have some cracking carp fishing lakes

Amazing surf - Cornwall

Beaches - Cleethorpes

Mountains - Ben Nevis, Snowdon

Ski - Swadlincote Ski & Snowboard Centre

Women? Holly Willoughby mmmmm

America pfffft

Haha..

For me it would be an absolute nightmare to live in England.. It doesn't offer me anything

I want to see loads of what America has, includingthe chance to walk past Kurt Russell's house and maybe stalk him for a bit. Who knows, Colin Farrell might live next door.

Archived