naming rights of PP

SuperSheep

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's about "Ram Land" we could either get sponsored by "Rambo Land" for the kids, who want to be entertained by over paid, mercenary modern day footballer types that will bleed the club dry for all it's cash, and then go and sign for their 20th football club and tell the world how proud they are to play for the club etc etc.

Or hows about "Ram Land" we could get sponsored by "Pound Land" and for the older fans that realise, that we can get these players on the cheap and get the best out of em, for diddly squat and then treat ourselves on the way home to a Tobblerone and the like for a £1, whilst all the mugs at the "Emirates" and the like, are paying £10 for the same product at their local airport.

Thank crunchie it's Friday and the football season is ever closer.

Bring it on & bring on the mighty rams, the club will always matter whatever it's name or name of ground. 

Derby County Football Club. In Nige We More Than Trust.

"Glad All Over".....

"Coz We Are CLOUGH All Over" ....... CLOUGH All Over",  CLOUGH All Over".....let me hear the drums!

Buxton Spring Water are already considering renaming their product to just Buxton - although of course there is no 'just' where Jake is concerned.

Sorry Eddie, but you are wrong. I know someone very high up in the company. What their board is considering is changing the name from Buxton Water to Jake Water. The thinking is that it will differ them in a crowded market place. Make it more personal.

I find it odd how people say Sky ruined football, changing kick off times and pumping stupid money into the game yet we have a thread full of sell outs.....

Muespach aleo unless I'm mistaken doesn't want promotion as he hates the Premiership but is willing to sell naming rights for money to sign a player that might not even happen to keep us a float in the Championship, haven't we go a squad capable already of that? :lol:

Sky has ruined football, money has wrecked the game, and yes, i don't care about the naming rights, for goodness sake we have substitutions/corners sponsored..... Pride Park is a lame name anyway, it means nothing...sell it.

Sorry Eddie, but you are wrong. I know someone very high up in the company. What their board is considering is changing the name from Buxton Water to Jake Water. The thinking is that it will differ them in a crowded market place. Make it more personal.

tis one step away from Holy Water.......

Sky has ruined football, money has wrecked the game, and yes, i don't care about the naming rights, for goodness sake we have substitutions/corners sponsored..... Pride Park is a lame name anyway, it means nothing...sell it.

To some.

To some.

Go on then...tell me what is so special about the stadium named after a retail park...? is it the link to Sainsburys? Halfords? Toys R Us?.....yep, it's so special..

Souless bowl, we have been there how long now? and how many games in that time can you count where the atmosphere was any good? 4? 5 maximum.

Go on then...tell me what is so special about the stadium named after a retail park...? is it the link to Sainsburys? Halfords? Toys R Us?.....yep, it's so special..

Souless bowl, we have been there how long now? and how many games in that time can you count where the atmosphere was any good? 4? 5 maximum.

Erm, just to make sure you have your facts correct, the retail park is NOT called Pride Park... Pride Park only starts once you get over the bridge... the retail park is 'The Wyvern'...

Pride Park is a business park on the site of the old railway sidings (taking Derby's old business and encouraging new business to grow there... how nice!)...

They're also building a velodrome... cos we all bloody love cycling now...

I stand corrected.

The retail park was called "Pride Park" after "Pride of Derby" - a phrase that has long been associated with the city (and town before it became a city) through hospitals, fishing rights to the Derwent etc. Gadsby, Pickering et al toyed with the idea of calling it the 'New Baseball Ground' but people said that that was silly.

I suppose you'd have wanted it to be called the "Ski Sunday Stadium" - I would have preferred 'Derwent Park'.

The retail park was called "Pride Park"

Arrrrgggghhhh eddie... the retail park is still called 'The Wyvern' NOT Pride Park... PP only starts once you cross the bridge...

You're usually so reliable eddie... I'm a little dissapointed...

Arrrrgggghhhh eddie... the retail park is still called 'The Wyvern' NOT Pride Park... PP only starts once you cross the bridge...

You're usually so reliable eddie... I'm a little dissapointed...

Sorry. The business park.

I still think of the whole area as Chaddo Sidings anyway.

Erm, just to make sure you have your facts correct, the retail park is NOT called Pride Park... Pride Park only starts once you get over the bridge... the retail park is 'The Wyvern'...

Pride Park is a business park on the site of the old railway sidings (taking Derby's old business and encouraging new business to grow there... how nice!)...

They're also building a velodrome... cos we all bloody love cycling now...

So it was named after a load if office units...even better......and you honeslty think that derby county werent cut a deal to name it that...!?? Surely you are not kiddin yourself about that??

Great that they are building a velodrome, because cycling has always been great....and for the name of that it has got to be the Dave Brailsford velodrome...

So it was named after a load if office units...even better......and you honeslty think that derby county werent cut a deal to name it that...!?? Surely you are not kiddin yourself about that??

Great that they are building a velodrome, because cycling has always been great....and for the name of that it has got to be the Dave Brailsford velodrome...

Anyway, why should you have a say?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived