naming rights of PP

SuperSheep

The only two things I'm against regarding all this against modern football malarkey is TV influence and the pricing of a single ticket to go to a game. Most sports arenas for other sports are now sponsored too. It's a decent way to generate income.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it totally bizarre that FANS are asking for this to happen. What the frig would we get for renaming Pride Park?

One day there won't be any fans, it will just be a load of limited companies making money from tele licences and advertising.

F*ckers.

Over half the bundelisga clubs have sponsered stadiums and they seem to have full stfiums week in week out. And cheaper too. I really can't see the problem with it.

We have 'sold' it and have our hallowed ground name after the best offer... Our ground / Stadium is our home - not to be tarted for 'a pittance'!

to you maybe, pride park doesnt mean too much to me. if the club get a decent amount of money for selling naming rights to a company that has connections with the city then im all for it.

It's commercialization and it's a fact of life.

Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

We go down this path and sadly we lose a little of our identity.

Is identity important? Is it necessary for a football club to known by the colours they wear or the name of their stadium?

For me it most certainly is.

I used to know the names of all 92 stadiums. Give me any club and I could tell you their stadium. That is damn near impossible in the modern game as clubs have sold themselves out for that short term financial gain.

Don't do it DCFC. Don't be another commercial whore. Let's stand out from the rest and protect the identity we have done so well too maintain.

Fu*k the money. Fund alternative revenue streams.

I think "Pride Park" is one of the cringiest things in world football, it sounds like an MLS stadium's name. Hate it. Hate it hate it hate it.

Either rename it or sell the naming rights - just please, get rid of the stupid name.

Agree Pride Park is a nothing name but I would be sickened by a commercial name. Being Derby I could possibly tolerate the Rolls-Royce Stadium but that's about it.

I would not be able to set foot in the Wonga stadium.

set fire maybe..................

If we were talking about renaming the baseball ground then I'd be dead against it. As it's pride park and is already a pretty meaningless name with no soul whatsoever I don't see a major problem. I'd prefer them to name it something good and derby related though to be honest, I'm sure we could come up with something decent between us...

Pride Park Stadium as a name has grown on me, but it has no emotional pull really. Not like the Baseball Ground.

I would have no problem with the stadium being re-named (usual proviso - money to fund players etc) 

As we're both of the same vintage,we probably identify the BBG with an emotional pull because of the atmosphere it generated and the great games we both saw there.However,in its early years this pull probably didn't exist for the then fans-it took years of developing history to do the job (ditto the likes of "Old Trafford" and "White Hart Lane").Who's to say that PP couldn't eventually go the same way ,especially if safe standing and a return to the top tier materialised.A renaming would just reset us to zero history again,and probably for a relative pittance.

To those who say that it's just named after a business park,at least it's part of Derby (and just look at the 2 famous examples I gave)

Archived