naming rights of PP

SuperSheep

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we win the league this year and Europa league the season after next, then the Champions League after that we will have some history like the Baseball Ground.

Of course Pride Park means nothing compared to the Baseball Ground but PP is still a baby, you don't rename your baby do you?

When we win the league this year and Europa league the season after next, then the Champions League after that we will have some history like the Baseball Ground.

Of course Pride Park means nothing compared to the Baseball Ground but PP is still a baby, you don't rename your baby do you?

I renamed my grandson from 'Oliver' to 'Snappy' and then to 'Seth Lad'

The naming rights question was answered in much the same way as he did right back in January – we're looking at it and it might happen. No movement since then and the continuing vagueness of the answer suggests it's not happening any time soon.

The first question was what's happening with Brayford. I'm disillusioned as the answer is absolutely no different to the answer given at The Flowerpot pub session back in April. No movement in 3 months suggests they are either lying or it's not going well.

Cup Voucher question was also asked at Sam's first session back  in January. There was huge support for it in the room and Sam said the exact same thing "we'll look at it". Why lie about it? Say – we've looked and we can't do it (because of the way cup games gate receipts have to be split these days…or whatever the real reason is).

The rest of it is just the same old spiel…exciting times…young talent…blah blah. Absolutely nothing new apart from the sausage sandwich question. That was a highlight.

can't understand why people are getting so worked up about this. I wouldn't like it had it been Baseball Ground, but we would've still called it the Baseball Ground regardless.

I find Pride Park a bit cringeworthy, especially given the one thing missing a lot in recent history is Pride.

For me though, as long as the team is still 'Derby County' and the game is played within the city of Derby and things remain professional within the club, I couldn't careless.

I doubt very much Derby would be stupid enough to sanction any agreement that wasn't long term anyway. The costs involved in changing the stadium name every couple of years would negate the profitability. Constantly changing stationary and updating websites, emails, letterheads etc...

There are plenty of commercially named stadia that people forget. Emirates, Reebok, JJB/DW, Walkers/King Power etc

I renamed my grandson from 'Oliver' to 'Snappy' and then to 'Seth Lad'

You need to teach him to play the right way.

Barbarian English sliding tackles are dead now.

It's all about the sly elbow. His first words need to be "what am I supposed to do with my #^+$€¥** arms then? You #%*#¥$ *****"

Sergio Elbow Ramos and Sergio IWasElbowDroppedInMidAirSoImRollingAround Busquets are two highly decorated idols.

It didn't go down too well at St. James Park did it? They should never have done that in the first place.

But PP though, is there any genuine reason why it can't be called The Rolls Royce Stadium, or The Bombardier Stadium? Would any of them object do you think - and if they did, why? Surely it would enhance their own product? Wouldn't working together benefit everybody?

I don't think Rolls Royce would do it.

Don't do advertising do they?

Guess that's what makes Rolls Royce a huge high end company.

Depends, the car company never would, the aviation firm might? Mind you, if you want a jet engine, do you do your shopping by watching Gillette Soccer Saturday?

That said, Bombardier seemed happy enough to sponsor us.

It didn't go down too well at St. James Park did it? They should never have done that in the first place.

But PP though, is there any genuine reason why it can't be called The Rolls Royce Stadium, or The Bombardier Stadium? Would any of them object do you think - and if they did, why? Surely it would enhance their own product? Wouldn't working together benefit everybody?

It's always been St James Park unless Wiki is bullshitting me, since 1892. Baseball Ground as used by Derby 1890, it's no surprise both sets of fans are attached to these names and no surprise that nobody has any real feelings for 16 year old Pride Park.

There will be no history if it changes name every few seasons for a few quid. Pride Park the name may not mean much to this generation but it will for future generations.

Pride Park is a crap name but its our crap name.

As many have said before, people forget it is already a "sponsored stadium" do you really think that Derby County got the land without some agreement between themselves and the council/whoever to name it Pride Park after the development..? Of course they didn't.

i don't mind if they change the name to anythign at all, it is, has always will be and will always be a souless, plastic, mechano built stadium with no character at all, so if it is called the Armitage Shanks bowl and it brings us one decent player in then go for it.

It's always been St James Park unless Wiki is bullshitting me, since 1892. Baseball Ground as used by Derby 1890, it's no surprise both sets of fans are attached to these names and no surprise that nobody has any real feelings for 16 year old Pride Park.

There will be no history if it changes name every few seasons for a few quid. Pride Park the name may not mean much to this generation but it will for future generations.

Pride Park is a crap name but its our crap name.

Didn't they call it the Sports Direct Arena for a time in 2009? The fans hated it if I remember right? I'm sure it was St James.

I don't really see the problem since our ground doesn't actually HAVE a name...

Pride Park is the name of the business park we live on... Pride Park Stadium just means "the stadium located on Pride Park"...

So why not sell lottery tickets for naming right? Any fan who wants a chance to name the ground can buy a ticket...

I'm going for "El Templo de Bucko"

I find it odd how people say Sky ruined football, changing kick off times and pumping stupid money into the game yet we have a thread full of sell outs.....

"http://readychurch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/money-eyes" alt="money-eyes">

Muespach also unless I'm mistaken doesn't want promotion as he hates the Premiership but is willing to sell naming rights for money to sign a player that might not even happen to keep us a float in the Championship, haven't we go a squad capable already of that? :lol:

How long before we find a player that changes his name by deed poll to advertise a company?

Jake Buxton-Springwater

Buxton Spring Water are already considering renaming their product to just Buxton - although of course there is no 'just' where Jake is concerned.

Buxton Spring Water are already considering renaming their product to just Buxton - although of course there is no 'just' where Jake is concerned.

Agreed... What a silly sausage GreenRam is...

The new bottles are just gonna have a picture of Bucko celebrating his goal against the yorkshire scum... It'll sell better than coca-cola...

Archived