First Match moved already

physiophil

So our first match this season has been moved to sunday 4th Aug with a 4pm kick off.

No doubt this is down to sky again.

I find this a big mistake by Derby our first matches of the season have a high gate and this will bring the numbers down.  

We also have an away cup match 48 hours later.

Just makes me laugh when sam rush said football will be Saturday 3pm and  Tuesday nights at 7:45

at derby from now on. 

Just think we making the start harder then it needs to be !!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're not very quick on the uptake are you? This news is a week old now!

The game has been moved as it's part of The Football League's anniversary celebrations, what with Blackburn and us both being amongst the founder members of the Football League.

So our first match this season has been moved to sunday 4th Aug with a 4pm kick off.

I find this a big mistake by Derby our first matches of the season have a high gate and this will bring the numbers down.

Just makes me laugh when sam rush said football will be Saturday 3pm and Tuesday nights at 7:45

at derby from now on.

Sam rush out. What a liar. Yet more 'spin'.

I thought the game was on the Sunday when it was first announced?

I'm more annoyed that for the second year in a row both home and away games against Bolton are Tuesday nights... I have a friend who's a Bolton fan (one of the few) and we wanted to do a 'cultural exchange'... I went to Bolton with him last year, but after how much of a trek it was (from London) we decided not to do the return leg assuming we'd be able to do it this year... Turns out not...

Almost every cricket team in the county will love to have their players that Saturday. The way the football Season is almost all year round now means I get to zero summer Saturday games, I'm very pleased I get to do both that weekend.

Why does Sunday mean that people won't go?

I think it's annoying that were not going to be part of the first day excitement there always is buzzing around, instead its on the telly so people don't have to make the effort of getting down there.

It's a bonus for the armchairs (Daveo ;)) and all that because Saturday and Sunday is just straight football, the first game of the season the surprises at half time when you hear a shock score like Yeovil winning 3-0 its all part of it for me.

Friday night, Saturday morning or night even Sunday then great if its on the box. All you ST holders can do one :)

The fixture was announced before the day before they were all released and we knew it would be on TV which meant no 3pm kick off, it was announced the next day as a Saturday 3pm but then moved the following day to Sunday for Sky.

To be fair to the OP if he doesn't live on the Internet like most of us he maybe wasn't aware.

How this is Sam Rush's fault tho is beyond me, every season for that TV revenue we will play games 12pm or 5pm Saturday and maybe a Sunday. Maybe we can turn down that money and refuse to appear on TV I don't know.

Last season the club experimented by moving fixtures to Friday nights to help the fans and players, this backfired and Rush promised that they won't be moving fixtures like that again.

By the way if anyone from the club happens to be reading, get that crappy Rams Player camera set up on a live feed, I will pay what it costs for a season ticket, you don't need to provide commentary and half time you can spam me with ads whilst I'm on the bog. Take my money I dare you!

I like a good Sunday game... Have a nice roast before hand, then a brisk walk over from Chad for the game... Then jump on the train straight after and tootle back down to London... Jobs a good'un...

I like early kick-offs too... So there's plenty of time after to prepare for a night of fighting crime...

I find this a big mistake by Derby our first matches of the season have a high gate and this will bring the numbers down.  

Just makes me laugh when sam rush said football will be Saturday 3pm and  Tuesday nights at 7:45

at derby from now on. 

Why on earth is a mistake by Derby? Do you think that they should turn down the television revenue? I'm not sure they are allowed to say 'no cameras'.

Couple of things...

Rush said we wouldn't be moving out of "choice" i.e. unless they're on TV.

Secondly, first game of the season... so i don't think the gate will really be affected.

Finally, cup game hasn't been confirmed, so in all likelihood will be the Wednesday rather than Tuesday now.

Couple of things...

Rush said we wouldn't be moving out of "choice" i.e. unless they're on TV.

Secondly, first game of the season... so i don't think the gate will really be affected.

Finally, cup game hasn't been confirmed, so in all likelihood will be the Wednesday rather than Tuesday now.

The couple were correct but you ruined it with the finally

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-oldham-athletic-vs-derby-county-875757.aspx

Almost every cricket team in the county will love to have their players that Saturday. The way the football Season is almost all year round now means I get to zero summer Saturday games, I'm very pleased I get to do both that weekend.

Why does Sunday mean that people won't go?

Sunday is for church

I like a good Sunday game... Have a nice roast before hand, then a brisk walk over from Chad for the game... Then jump on the train straight after and tootle back down to London... Jobs a good'un...

I like early kick-offs too... So there's plenty of time after to prepare for a night of fighting crime...

Didn't know you were in the police... *some kind of banter cos i know you're referring to batman face*

Archived