Derby County players on international duty.

adamdcfc6

Max lowe did okay and got forward in excellent positions. Not our player but has anyone seen Patrick Roberts for Fulham before hes one of the best I have seen in a while his size and the way he takes on 5/6 players is very promising check out the highlights of the 3-1 defeat to Portugal. 

http://www.thefa.com/video/England/Mens-U17s/2013-14/england-u17s-1-3-portugal-u17s

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Richard Dunne back in the frame again, Keogh doesn't stand a chance of getting called up. In all likelihood Dunne will retire from International duty following the conclusion of this campaign as well as O'Shea, leaving O'Dea and St. Ledger as first choice picks for centreback and Keogh will then be re-introduced as cover.

No way!!

Last minute Hughes has it on a plate 5 yards out, goalie is nowhere and he smashes it into the only defender on the line.

Played well though for 20 minutes, England should have scored at least 4 more than they did.

He played well. Found space, nice touches, intelligent passing, but should have scored. Looks very comfortable at this level. Tidy D.C.F.C St George Flag behind a goal. Glad I don't watch Zaha every week, how much does he love himself, with all that step over pish. Keep it simple and effective, well done Will.

He didnt do too bad in his cameo; got in some good positions, closed down well and made some decent passes.

Good to see him not playing so deep like he was against Scotland,

I don't mid him playing deep if I'm honest.He reminds me of Pirlo when he plays there, just without the range of passing.  

What always annoys me with the under 21's is they give starts to a number of players who for the majority of the time don't play full competitive matches, so aren't match fit, unlike Will, who played pretty well tonight.

WARD puts N. Ireland 2-1 up against 10 man Portugal!

He was very obviously offside but it counts - was across that came in, Ward stood in front of the keeper slips in the rain, another ireland player knocks it to the front post where Ward is stood behind and to the side of the keeper, but gets there first and kind deflects it in.

Archived