Derby County players on international duty.

adamdcfc6

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That half sums up Sammon really, really hard worker and a good performance, but then his chance comes about and misses it, then most people just remember the miss.

There wouldn't of been a chance without him, he used his power to make Pique look sub-standard. Bris'll be gutted! 

Ratings..

Forde - 7 - distribution has been decent, good saves - couldn't of done anything about the goal.

McShane - 3 - awful player.

St Ledger - 8 - MOTM, very good performance - shop window!

O'Dea - 2 - Oh dear.

Kelly - 5 - they've thrown everything down the left so hasn't been overally tested.

Hendrick - 6 - disciplined performance
McCarthy - 5 - second half has been poor, lost the ball a lot - poor decisions at times.

Quinn - 6 - has looked quite sharp, done okay since coming on.

Keogh - 5 - battled more in the first half, hid the second.

McClean - 6 - Battled since coming on, took a few knocks.

Coleman - 6 - was much better in first than second, has had a poor second half really.,

Sammon - 7 - touches have been on point, created/been part of pretty much ireland have done upfront.

Keane - 4 - think he was still lost in that hole.

Cox - 4 - came on and kicked people, and ruined the night for SSL - one of HIS better performances?  :lol:

Sammon and SSL can hold their head high for me. 

Well.

2 o clock start for me. Four or clock finish and up for seven to get to work. I'm not looking my best this morning.

Little tip for Trapattoni. Even the masters can learn, it's never too late.

Stop wasting your time trying to flog our players. If you want Jeff to be more confident when he joins up, don't take him off after 45 minutes when there are at least 3 other players who should have been forced to retire from international football, they were so bad.

Jeff did ok, no better, no worse than that. Only on the ball a couple of times, noticably the twice he brought it down on his chest and ran with it.

I wrote a while back (probably last pre-season) that Jeff reminded me of a young Roy Keane. He did then, he's got the lot, physique, power, energy.

What he seemingly lacks is Keanes sheer single mindedness. His nasty streak. The streak that came from getting rejected.

Jeff needs to start realising how good he is, he can't wait for the game to involve him, he's got to get hold of it by the scruff of the neck, smash someone in the first couple of minutes, chase the ball down until he wins it. Burt through the middle on a lung busitng run to get on the end of another hopeful long punt. Anything, he's got to get himself in the game more.

Once he starts doing that then he's got everything he needs to be real quality.

Connor Sammon did well as well, there was a period first half where along with Coleman, our two boys were the pick of the Irish.

He wasn't on the ball much either, didn't win many headed flick ons but those he did win caused havoc, his chance, he created it himself but he should have done much better. The angle was begging for a little dinked curler over the keeper and he chose to sidefoot.

Reading Ambitious's ratings, spot on again. I'm tempted to stop watching the game and just read what he's got to say on it.

McShane should never get near a squad again. O'Dea was tragic and cost the goal with a fannies flick inside his own box.

I can only assume Trapattoni doen's fancy Richard Keogh at all, there's no other reason for not getting him more minutes over the course of the last four games.

St Ledger made me eat my words as well. He was comfortably Irelands best player all night.

Archived