Derby County players on international duty.

adamdcfc6

A few comments from Irish fans on Sammon

"Some things about tonight. Have more time for Sammon. Less 4 Cox."

"I think Conor Sammon is growing on me..."

"Connor Sammon was our best player"

"Think I kinda like sammon now #TheWhiteHeskey"

"Sammon is from the Peter Crouch school of being a targetman - he isn't actually great at heading long balls - better on the deck."

"Conor Sammon has shown he's a superb ball-player, and should be utilized correctly, as a skillful striker. Shown that tonight."

"Sammon havin the game of his life here !!"

"Connor Sammon 7

With a good touch for a big man Sammon showed his nice touches against the Faroes were no fluke. Nutmegged Alba at one stage and held up or laid off the limited ball he saw very well. Created Ireland’s best chance of the first half with his physicality but he looked less than assured when one-on-one with Valdes and fluffed the opportunity. Linked up well with his team-mates when he had the chance and ran himself into the ground."

And a few on Jeffy.

"How Ireland are holding out 0-0 with Spain I don't know but the centre mid partnership of Hendrick and McCarthy looks very promising#ballers"

"Hendrick and McCarthy eating up the ground in midfield helping. Proving quite obdurate 10-15 yards in front of the back 4."

"Hendrick and McCarthy's mobility in midfield is a noticeable difference from the Euros"

"This new Hendrick lad isn't too bad!"

"Hendrick is quality I reckon, bit of a passer by here, but he is only 21 to be fair"

"Hendrick is really impressing me ngl..Seems a quality talent"

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sammon comments were obviously all made by two people - me and the missus. We do that sort of thing - make up 40 or so userids and pretend to be Irish.

^^^^^^^^

There are a lot of people on here who would believe that too.

• 1 month later...

The Sammon comments were obviously all made by two people - me and the missus. We do that sort of thing - make up 40 or so userids and pretend to be Irish.

^^^^^^^^

There are a lot of people on here who would believe that too.

How dare you take the glory for my multiple Sammon praising userid's :)

Cannot understand how Richard Keogh has not been selected again.  He is better than some of the centre halfs chosen by GT for the friendly against Wales.

He scored and kept as clean sheet - What more does he have to do!!!!

Never seen St Ledger have a good game against us. Don't see how he's rated so highly.

Very good defender, just one of these that has to be adored - at leicester he was brought in for his ability, started badly and he isn't the type of 'dig in' player so has become a bit of a white elephant there.

I've seen him a few times, especially for ireland - last two games he was their best player. I think that is mainly because he works hard for his country, think he would be a good signing - on reasonable wages. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived