James Perch

admira

Ah, fridges - the natural home of Forest fans. Why are they being discussed here? And stop wriggling - you obviously are a secret Cava drinker.

I drank cava once. At my wedding.

My divorce was toasted with a bottle of oban, single malt. ;-)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oz Clarke knows everything about beer, and any beer head would know who he is.

Yes, of course. Robin Clarke, the wine writer, who knows very little about beer, but is very good at reminiscing how good Tolley Cobbold was when he was a lad.

Do yourself a favour and buy or borrow some of the books written by the late and very great Michael Jackson (The Beer Hunter) - he was by far the greatest writer about beer and probably did more than anybody to pave the way for the resurgence of craft and micro breweries than anyone.

There is no way though that even Michael would have claimed to know 'everything about beer'.

This Michael Jackson was my idol. Both in whisky and beer knowledge.

Indeed.

I met him in the Porterhouse Central, Dublin many years ago - a truly knowledgeable man who was totally responsible for me falling in love with Belgian beers. I'm sipping a Duvel right now.

I think he plays everywhere but left back  :lol:

He's a right back.

Down the Brian Clough Way he played left back some of the time. Perhaps he's better if he's kept away from there, but I still wouldn't go anywhere near him. Sadly the local lad is something that Clough seems to value, so I'm not ruling this one out.

Archived