Drink

Asanovic

someone who is persuaded by alcohol to do something..

As I work in a pub I know that all it takes is 1 drink for somebody's inhibitions to be lowered. They may be in full control but still do something a bit risqué. I call it the loosener effect.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I work in a pub I know that all it takes is 1 drink for somebody's inhibitions to be lowered. They may be in full control but still do something a bit risqué. I call it the loosener effect.

Yeh, plenty of people I know need to have at least 1 drink to get them abit more confident or to open up (socially) abit more..

I'm lucky in that I've learned how to be social, sober and mildly entertaining at the same time..

Yeh, plenty of people I know need to have at least 1 drink to get them abit more confident or to open up (socially) abit more..

I'm lucky in that I've learned how to be social, sober and mildly entertaining at the same time..

so does that mean you have slept with someone who is under the influence of alcohol then?

Brewers droop is a terrible thing, I think Bris is being sensible, always put the beautiful lady first.

Brewers droop?...never heard of it, reckon yer missus must have been trying to make you feel better

Been a happy social drinker, in the 2 - 6 pint range, for years. Recently been getting real heebie geebies after all-dayers though.

I've woken up convinced that I've done something appalling, of which I have no recollection. The process of tentatively reconnecting with the various people I may have insulted, groped or stolen from, has been excruciating.

So far I seem to be getting away with it, but I have no idea what kind of crimes I might have committed.. perhaps it is time to stop!

Being 16, the alcohol experiences are really kicking in now. Obviously you get idiots at our age who just pound as much vodka as possible on nights out, and they're always the one in hospital or A&E because they fell off something. Or even worse, in hospital 9 months later... I find the main reason most people get drunk is to build up the courage to try and **** that girl they like the look of. 

I'm pretty socially confident and have no trouble talking to people at all, but I find that after a few drinks, I become REALLY socially confident and to be brutally honest, quite witty, bizarrely intelligent and in some cases really quite smooth (if you know what I mean). I discovered this when I was around 14/15 so I've never truly ventured into the realms of can't remember anything in the morning/being sick on someone, because I'm really happy with how I am after a few, so I'll try and maintain that level. I don't understand how someone could drink til they're sick on multiple occasions, I hate being sick, so if you knew you would be sick after drinking so much, surely you wouldn't ever drink that much?

Drinks I've found I'm fond of:

Real ale or Stella (usually with a meal)

Amaretto with cranberry juice

Vodka and Sunny D has a bit of a kick

Rum

Tequila

Wine

Stuff I hate:

Whiskey

Jager

Any blonde lager

Gin

I reckon Corona's crap

And I'm yet to have had a serious hangover so  :p

I had a bottle of the new Robinson's Iron Maiden tribute beer "Trooper" tonight, which comes resplendent with a picture of Eddie the Ed on the label.

It's an excellent pale ale, very nice and hoppy with citrus notes. It would be an ideal sit outside the pub on a warm summer's evening beer, so I reckon by that rate my next one should be in August 2015.

Actually it's on sale at Download tomorrow, so I'll probably have a couple more up at Donington Park.

Yeah, £6 a bottle if its a festival no doubt.

Probably £5, but it's a bit annoying when everything's hiked up so high because they have a captive audience. I've basically put aside £200 for the weekend for food, drink and as many tee shirts as I've got money left for. It's only once a year, after all. 

I drink every night, Homebrew and home made wine. Maybe a G+T.

Hell,it beats reality any day.

I gave up smoking,if I gave up drink as well I think you could just put me down.

You could take up a new hobby, something that keeps your hands busy.

I know! Get one of them matchstick models. I've got one, it's a 1920's omnibus, keeps me quiet for ages it does, it's very theraputic.

Archived