The Curious Case of Sam Rush

Alex W

I think using the term 'international' as a way of reflecting quality is an issue as a whole. You could have San Marino's line-up and claim to have a team full of internationals. Doesn't mean they're any good just because they get caps, depends what country it's for.

But like I said above, what's he supposed to say? "We've got a team of fairly average players some of whom play for low ranking international teams. We'll try and get some more cheap players to improve our squad and hopefully not get our pants pulled down on any fees we get for our good players. Now roll up, roll up, get your season tickets here."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's he supposed to say? "We've got a team of fairly average players some of whom play for low ranking international teams. We'll try and get some more cheap players to improve our squad and hopefully not get our pants pulled down on any fees we get for our good players. Now roll up, roll up, get your season tickets here."

That is quite good. I'd like it if he said that.

Sam Rush reminds me of Ben Kinglsey playing the Hood from thunderbirds, there's something unsettling about that beard, but you beleive everything he says. I think that he's a much needed improvement from Glick, and I don't really care if this talk is about selling season tickets, its good to see someone high up being positive and getting behind the team.

Yes, Glick and Rush will sound the same, if not, very similar. It's the same job, after all.

But to me there is one key difference. I find much more confidence in Rush than Glick. This is Rush's field after all, Glick was always more out of touch, and maybe this is why people are choosing not to flag up his comments in quite the same way. Maybe.

Just my humble opinion, ofcourse.

Yes, I believe a full cap of any kind counts, but to classify our side as a team of internationals is pushing the boat out a little too far on that description. But anyway.

think you have cut the quote short as he says "a team full of internationals either at senior or junior level" that says to me from full caps to under-21 under-18 etc and pointing to the academy and how good it is.

SR is in RD for a phone in on Thursday morning, 9 O' clock, with Bloomers and they're inviting people to phone in now; so they can collate questions to ask him directly.

Depending on your viewpoint, it can either be heard as the same old spin, or dare I say it - a real opportunity for him to really convince us that the club are going to put their money where their mouths are and make a real, comitted push for the Top 6. He mentioned this last week, let's see if he's as good as his word.

He says we should be proud of our 'best finish in 6 years', but if we lost on the last day we probably would have been near relegation.

It was so tight its difficult to draw too many positives from the finishing position.

But bloody easy to draw negatives if it had gone the other way, naturally. (As a general rule, not you per se)

I know what you are saying.

If we'd have lost to Milwall we'd have been joint 20th.

I know people will say 'but we didn't lose' but it's such a fine margin i just can't see what we should be so proud of.

I'm a very positive person but already it seems Mr Rush is clutching at straws.

I know what you are saying.

If we'd have lost to Milwall we'd have been joint 20th.

I know people will say 'but we didn't lose' but it's such a fine margin i just can't see what we should be so proud of.

I'm a very positive person but already it seems Mr Rush is clutching at straws.

If the draws against the Wendies had ended as wins and one match we lost had been won (and there were several where we seemed to be well on top for much of the game, only to concede a stupid goal), we would have been in the playoffs.

On such narrow margins are reputations built and broken.

Rush has contradicted himself in todays interview.

- The other day he said we should be very proud of our highest finish in 6 years.

- Today he said we are not thrilled with 10th place.

confused.com

grab the pitchforks folks!

Rush has contradicted himself in todays interview.

- The other day he said we should be very proud of our highest finish in 6 years.

- Today he said we are not thrilled with 10th place.

confused.com

He was trying to say that whilst we should be proud of the improvement, we should not settle for it

Archived