England v Republic of Ireland

Day

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call bullsh!t.

Hate it when people say I can't watch England now they bore me, it's a crap squad blah blah and they still watch Derby after the Paul Jewell's and Nigel Clough's away day thrills.

So if England had the worlds best players and were winning trophies you'd jump back on singing 3 lions on your shirt?

Isn't that what 99% of Man Utd fans are?.......Glory Boys?

You don't pick and choose when to support Derby and England depending on trophies, managers or players, should be in you as the song says....till you die.

I call bullsh!t.

Hate it when people say I can't watch England now they bore me, it's a crap squad blah blah and they still watch Derby after the Paul Jewell's and Nigel Clough's away day thrills.

So if England had the worlds best players and were winning trophies you'd jump back on singing 3 lions on your shirt?

You don't pick and choose when to support Derby and England depending on trophies, managers or players, should be in you as the song says....till you die.

Agree with all that, but its only a friendly so I can sort of understand folks wanting the Derby boys to do well. If it was a qualifier or a competitive match then its England all the way.

The problem is the England players are hard to like.....when I were growing up I worshipped Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton even though they played for ***** clubs.

I call bullsh!t.

Agree with all that, but its only a friendly so I can sort of understand folks wanting the Derby boys to do well. If it was a qualifier or a competitive match then its England all the way.

The problem is the England players are hard to like.....when I were growing up I worshipped Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton even though they played for ***** clubs.

That'll be your actual quality debate, right there.

True, but I hear/see the same whenever England play even in World Cup qualifiers when they are must win games, I don't see the need to announce how you (not you) don't like England anymore before each game.

I have accepted that it will be many years before England will be in contention to win a Euro/World Cup (if ever) so I feel like I can support them without thinking they should win all the time.

Yes some the players are not likeable but Derby have had some not likeable playing for them in recent years, still support them.

I am definitely Derby/Derby Connections over England. 

I just don't get the same feeling about England as I do Derby, I don't feel 'a part' of the club - it's why I find people who support Man Utd a bit strange! I'll watch the games, but, I'll be so subjective rather than supportive. 

I think Sammon is in a good place to start (as he did the last game and play the full 90) - I too would ******* LOVE to see him slam home the winner, i'd be in hysterics - if not him, then Hendrick or Keogh (failing that) I'll take an England win.  

How any one can want that horrible bunch to win over us is totally beyond me....

Here's hoping for a 10 goal demolition of them, my only dissapointment is that Robbie Keane can't get all 10 own goals...

What would you do if your mam was born in welsh Wales, your biological dad was from Ireland and all your family now lived there but you were born and raised in England?

Could you still hate them? Any of them? I even don't mind Scotland just so I don't offend anyone on great great great grandads side. He was a great grandad after all.

I'm English to the core but It's not always as black and white as it appears.

Personally my attachment IS to the players. I can cheer Conor Sammon till the cows come home, I can't find the same passion for the current crop of England players. I don't turn my back on England but I do prefer to have links or connections to the player/manager through something personal.

I want Ireland to win cos I like three of their lads.

Which makes it Ireland 3 England 0.

Traitor??

Same boat for me

England and any other team are 'them'

Derby are the only 'us' or 'we'

When Derby players are in an international team, that team doesn't become 'us'

I don't care what the team does overall, as long as our players have a good game, or at the very least can't be blamed for a poor performance.

Archived