England v Republic of Ireland

Day

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Joe Hart, Alex McCarthy.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott.

Forwards: Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Republic of Ireland squad in full

David Forde (Millwall FC), Keiren Westwood (Sunderland AFC), Darren Randolph (Motherwell FC), John O'Shea (Sunderland AFC), Sean St Ledger (Leicester City FC), Damien Delaney (Crystal Palace FC), Richard Keogh (Derby County FC), Marc Wilson (Stoke City FC), Seamus Coleman (Everton FC), Stephen Kelly (Reading FC), Darren O'Dea (Toronto FC), Paul McShane (Hull City FC), Glenn Whelan (Stoke City FC), James McCarthy (Wigan Athletic FC), Paul Green (Leeds Utd FC), Jeff Hendrick (Derby County FC), Aiden McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Anthony Pilkington (Norwich City FC), James McClean (Sunderland AFC), Robbie Brady (Hull City FC), David Meyler (Hull City FC), Andy Keogh (Millwall FC), Robbie Keane (LA Galaxy FC), Shane Long (West Bromwich Albion FC), Conor Sammon (Derby County FC), Jon Walters (Stoke City FC), Simon Cox (Nottingham Forest FC), Wes Hoolahan (Norwich City FC)

England versus a team with 3 Rams in the squad? Tricky one, but is it wrong that on balance I'd support the Derby lads?

I'm conflicted.

Surely this increases Conor's chances of starting massively.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22614914

Republic of Ireland captain Robbie Keane has been ruled out of next week's friendlies against England and Georgia because of club commitments.

Both matches fall outside the Fifa international window and Keane is required for club duty with LA Galaxy.

Keane, 32, will return to the squad for the World Cup qualifier against the Faroe Islands on 7 June and the friendly against Spain four days later.

The game against the world and European champions is in New York.

Giovanni Trapattoni's face England at Wembley on 29 May before taking taking Georgia at the Aviva Stadium on 2 June.

Keane, who has scored 54 international goals in 123 caps, only recently returned to action for the Major League Soccer club after missing a number of matches because of an ankle injury.

I'm going to get destroyed for this but I'll actually be hoping he scores.

I've got more of an attachment to him than I have to any of the England players.

In fact until Will Hughes gets called up, I'm a fully fledged Ireland fan.

Got to support the Derby lads, club over country! 

Would love to see Sammon start and score!

England are dead to me.

Not picking McFarland for the 1970 World Cup was the last straw.

I don't mind Sammon, Hendrick and Keogh scoring as long as we win 4-3, I might give them all a little nod of congratulations but that's it.

England are my country and always will be, those 3 will have moved on in the next few years.

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Joe Hart, Alex McCarthy.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott.

Forwards: Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck.

Sorry but i think that is a pretty awful squad.

Archived