May Games

Alph

Maybe it's just me but I'm missing the point you're making with that picture Leeds. Unless it to back up what Meuspach is saying.

Neither Keane nor Scholes has their playing kit on. That might be due to the fact neither of them played.

I don't think anyone is begrudging him lifting the trophy. It's the ridiculous act of gettting kitted up that shows a total self centred attitude.

I'm not doubting he's contriubted massively to the history of Chelsea but when he's got his memorabilia up on the wall at home and he sees himself in the centre of the CL and the EL cup winning teams, how can he not feel like a fraud?

_67632661_torres12

Yeah son that's me in the middle with my number 26 shirt on. I was captain.

You don't look very dirty dad did you not have to make many tackles in that game?

Oh I didn't ACTUALLY play  that night Son. I just put my shirt on for the photo.

What about this one dad?

Er.....

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, all you guys who are having a go at Terry for getting kitted up....

Are you actually objecting to him being presented with his medal when he didn't play? If so, fair enough (although I disagree with you).

If you are objecting to him changing into his Chelsea strip, then I suggest that you are actually objecting to the new UEFA regulations which insist that he should. Terry, Remeu and Hilario were all in Chelsea strip to receive their medals last night as per regulations. The only alternative was to receive their medals behind closed doors and to take no part in the celebrations.

Still, let's not let that get in the way of a good old anti-Terry rant, eh?

Are you actually objecting to him being presented with his medal when he didn't play? If so, fair enough (although I disagree with you).

If you are objecting to him changing into his Chelsea strip, then I suggest that you are actually objecting to the new UEFA regulations which insist that he should. Terry, Remeu and Hilario were all in Chelsea strip to receive their medals last night as per regulations. The only alternative was to receive their medals behind closed doors and to take no part in the celebrations.

Yes, name me one reason why he SHOULD get a medal..?? he did not play...i played as much a part in that game as he did...if they are giving out medals they should be giving it to the 8000 Chelsea fans who managed to get tickets and had to pay to go, he contirubted nothing at all to the win.

If he thought he deserved a medal, he should have got it behind closed doors, it's not his party to join in with.

Come on Eddie be fair, try to distinguish between an "anti Terry" rant and a genuine football fans post.

Personally speaking it's very rare I ever criticise a player, no rant, no anti Terry views.

I'm happy to admit being wrong in that I didn't know about the new regulations but looking at the presentation there were players in suits. I didn't spot many but Eden Hazard is suited. Does he now have to give his medal back?

"http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/182909_528202440571202_470735121_n" alt="182909_528202440571202_470735121_n">

Offside as he is in front of the Chelsea player.

I also cant get the problem with Terry last night (not him personally as he is a tool), he is club captain of chelsea, playing over 350 games for them, stayed there all his career before the money was there, and is one of there most loyal players, why not get in on the action when he has played a part in the cup run ?  Would you moan if we had gone up (dont laugh) this season, and Barker had done the same ?  Maybe I just dont get the jealously issue....

Have they removed the 'daylight' rule in offside?

Only his left shoulder is infront of the last covering defender.. And that by the rules makes him offside?

Benitez deserves alot of credit.. Done a good job there under immense criticism

For goodness sake, Muespach - you only want to give them a medal if you actually play in the final? THAT approach went out fifty years ago.

Ronnieronalde, I notice that you didn't mention Remeu and Hilario in their kit. That's why it is an anti-Terry rant.

For goodness sake, Muespach - you only want to give them a medal if you actually play in the final? THAT approach went out fifty years ago.

Ronnieronalde, I notice that you didn't mention Remeu and Hilario in their kit. That's why it is an anti-Terry rant.

If it was up to our Swiss friend he would also take beckhams medal off him......for erm being David beckham

As you say if it had been any other player (which it was) nothing would have been said.

Only his left shoulder is infront of the last covering defender.. And that by the rules makes him offside?

There has never, EVER been a 'daylight rule' regarding offside.

Many people refer to it, but there has never been such a ruling from FIFA, UEFA or the FA.

I've been lead to believe that if any part of their body with which they can validly score is further forward than the last defender... offside.

I believe his head to be further forward than the defenders' heads, so...

Looking at the official guidelines for referees...

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside.aspx

A player is in an offside position if:

• he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent"

Further to that the 'interpretation of the laws' document says:

Definitions

In the context of Law 11 – Offside, the following defi nitions apply:

“nearer to his opponents’ goal line” means that any part of a player’s head,
body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the
second-last opponent. The arms are not included in this definition.

It's the interpretation that's key, and IMO that means that this goal was correctly ruled as offside.

There has never, EVER been a 'daylight rule' regarding offside.

Many people refer to it, but there has never been such a ruling from FIFA, UEFA or the FA.

Beat me to it, we Belper lads are slow.

The new standard is if "any part of the body that can be legally used to score" is past the last defender, then its offside, I would have thought our football expert would have know that :-)

It's not anti Terry and it's not a rant either.

We could go backwards and forward on this. I didn't see you mentioning Hazard in his suit.

Is your post a pro John Terry rant? Of course it's not.

If they are the new rules why were two three or four Chelsea sqaud members allowed up the steps?

I didnt mention Hilario or Remeu because I didn't notice it. Once you pointed out the rule change I did say that I got it wrong.

No anti Terry rant. Just a comment about a footballer going against what I was brought up to believe is right.

Remeu, Hilario  and Terry were bang out of order. 

Better?

In fairness it's a squad game nowadays and you can't simply say so and so isn't a winner because he didn't play the final..

If that's the case, then Milner isn't a PL winner because he didn't participate in the final game of the season where Man City won to win the league..

Roy Keane dragged Man Utd out of the mire away at Juventus in 1999 and if it wasn't for him Man Utd would never have made the final.. It would be abit silly not to include him as a CL winner.. The same with David Villa in 2008.. The guy was top scorer and started all of Spain's games until he was injured for the final.. Surely he is a winner too?

Unless the whole case here is about Terry getting his kit on for the final.. Then again all of the national players do that when they win the WC and Euros?

oops !!

"http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/182909_528202440571202_470735121_n" alt="182909_528202440571202_470735121_n">

Offside as he is in front of the Chelsea player.

I also cant get the problem with Terry last night (not him personally as he is a tool), he is club captain of chelsea, playing over 350 games for them, stayed there all his career before the money was there, and is one of there most loyal players, why not get in on the action when he has played a part in the cup run ?  Would you moan if we had gone up (dont laugh) this season, and Barker had done the same ?  Maybe I just dont get the jealously issue....

I should learn to read closer before posting. You were right with your, no they didn't

I saw Bris's post as they had a goal disallowed, not as having a "good" goal disallowed.

I thought it was tight at the time but it was the right decision to disallow it... by a gnats chuff.

I should learn to read closer before posting. You were right with your, no they didn't

I saw Bris's post as they had a goal disallowed, not as having a "good" goal disallowed.

I thought it was tight at the time but it was the right decision to disallow it... by a gnats chuff.

No worries :-)

Archived