May Games

Alph

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic cruised to a 3-0 win over Hibs in the cup final..

The Italian cup final has just started.. Roma 0-0 Lazio.. Lazio on top currently..

And Benfica have just kicked off in their cup final.. I hope they win, they deserve to win for the season they've had

I remember watching football italia on channel 4 in the late 90s/early 2000s and I'm sure it wasn't as boring then as it is now

It depends on the team that is playing..

Last season I watched so many games and my favourite game of the lot was Palermo's 4-3 win over Inter..

Lazio vs Roma is obviously going to be a cagey affair.. It's a cup final between one of Europe's fiercest rivals.. I've seen a fair few Italian games this season where teams are so scared of going for broke that they counter at such a slow pace and rarely commit men forward.. It becomes a sort of chess game.. But I've also seen some great technical football and alot of brilliantly worked goals..

You just have to get lucky with the teams.. Sides like Fiorentina, Bolognia, Catania and Udinese (for smaller sides) have been great to watch this season but I fully agree in that some games and sides are tedious at times to watch..

I mentioned a few weeks ago I watched Napoli at home to Siena and Siena whilst 1-0 up had so many opportunities to counter and run at the Napoli back 3 yet they completely slowed the game down and passed it out wide or backwards.. It was pathetic.

Benfica players will be on suicide watch over the next week or so..

After being 1-0 up in the Cup Final, they've just conceded 2 goals in the last 10 mins and are now losing 1-2..

5 minutes remaining..

Comon Benfica.. Talk about blowing a whole season in 1 month..

Fulltime

Benfica lose 1-2

Anyone who ever falls at the last hurdle or blows everything will now be named as doing a 'Benfica'

Has this ever happened before? Thrown away 3 titles in May? And not only that, in everygame they conceded goals in the last 10 mins?

Fulltime

Benfica lose 1-2

Anyone who ever falls at the last hurdle or blows everything will now be named as doing a 'Benfica'

Has this ever happened before? Thrown away 3 titles in May? And not only that, in everygame they conceded goals in the last 10 mins?

Didn't Chelsea under Avram Grant finish runners up in the FA cup Prem and Champions league?

Fulltime

Benfica lose 1-2

tbh i bet after the Chelsea and Porto defeats they just wanted to go on holiday!

Imagine being in that Benfica team. I think I'd get on to my agent for a transfer. It'd be completely soul destroying. I think they've lost 5(?) matches in all competitions this season. And won nothing. They've played Barcelona twice too!

Archived