May Games

Alph

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am glad Bayern are going through, am fed up of all these sycophants creaming their pants about how good Barcelona are, yawn

A couple of years of this it will German football is the model to follow (been going since Euro-2000 BTW, not 2010 like the media say) and how they are great etc  like it was Italian football in the 90s and English in mid-late 2000s (well still is in the case according to SKY/BBC).

A couple of years of this it will German football is the model to follow (been going since Euro-2000 BTW, not 2010 like the media say) and how they are great etc  like it was Italian football in the 90s and English in mid-late 2000s (well still is in the case according to SKY/BBC).

Premiership football is cack, just look at where the teams in this years European Cup ended up, damp squib an understatement, the only people who believe the hype are Sky and the jug eared crisp eater on the Beeb. Our national side isn't much better either.

I've got no complaints..

This Barca team is the weakest Barca team since the early Rijkaard era.. I mean look at the following 2 teams from the early/end of Guardiolas era

GK: Valdes

RB: Alves

LB: Abidal

CB: Puyol

CB: Marquez

CM: Xavi

CM: Iniesta

CM: Yaya Toure

ST: Henry

ST: Messi

ST: Eto'o

And then..

RB: Alves

LB: Abidal

CB: Puyol

CB: Pique

CM: Busquets

CM: Xavi

ST: Messi

ST: Villa

ST: Pedro

And now.. tonight

RB: Dani Alves (who has dropped a level)

LB: Adriano

CB: Pique

CB: Bartra

CM: Xavi (who has dropped a level)

CM: Song

ST: Fabregas

ST: Villa

ST: Pedro

The difference in Barcelona teams from the Guardiola era to tonight is just crazy... This isn't even a strong team playing, who of the that 11 would you say is the best in their position in the world?

I can't think of many from the Barca side that would get into Bayern's team tonight.. Pique and Iniesta and that's it?

The era isn't over, they can buy again and need to buy again.. But this doesn't represent a great Barca side at all..

Premiership football is cack, just look at where the teams in this years European Cup ended up, damp squib an understatement, the only people who believe the hype are Sky and the jug eared crisp eater on the Beeb. Our national side isn't much better either.

I agree, but the media like to say it is greatest thing ever, this season has been the worst top flight season ever, the difference between 2008 Man Utd teams and 2013 is amazing, funny how Danny Welbeck can be a regular now.

People go on about Spain, Germany being a two team league, well the Prem is also and you can't be the best league in the world when Clint Hill, James Perch, Grant Holt and Danny Graham are regular starters.

That 4 years under Pep will go down in history.. The best team ever..

They absolutely nailed everyone bar Chelsea of all teams..

Tonked Milan, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Arsenal etc..

I also feel sad watching this side.. I don't even recognise the current players.

But the Barca pressure game is copied by all.. Even this Bayern team built their philosophy on Barca's pressing game.

Barca need to build around Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Tello, Thiago, Alba, Busquets..

If Alba is going to be the fullback, the need a tall solid RB.. They need a new worldclass CM, 2 new strikers as Villa looks out of favor and Pedro and Tello are brilliant players but not worldclass.. Especially a number 9, I don't think they can continue with their tactics as they haven't got the best players anymore..

Mould Fabregas into the Xavi role, dont think I've ever seen him stand out in a big game playing this roaming striker role.

Get him back doing what he was doing for Arsenal, dictating play, carrying the ball forward, making things happen.

Archived