May Games

Alph

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sound like Swissy talking about Becks!!! Carra was a good defender should of got more games for Englanf in my opinion.

I agree with Alpha on this Mary. Carragher was ****. He was Liverpool's problem in not winning a title, they thought he was a world class defender and he simply wasnt!!

I agree with Alpha on this Mary. Carragher was ****. He was Liverpool's problem in not winning a title, they thought he was a world class defender and he simply wasnt!!

Its all opinions mate, but if you agree with Alpha your usallly wrong and you are on this occasion, Im not sayiong he is or ever was world class, Im not saying he should be in a Liverpool all time 11 but with his ability to play CDM, LB, RB and CB I beleive he should of been included and played in more England squads, that all.

Stopped Liverpool winning titles? Have a word with yourself ;)

He may not have stopped them from winning the title but as their main defender, and he was certainly thought as world class by liverpool, didnt help their cause and they built the team on dodgy foundations.

Its all opinions mate, but if you agree with Alpha your usallly wrong and you are on this occasion, Im not sayiong he is or ever was world class, Im not saying he should be in a Liverpool all time 11 but with his ability to play CDM, LB, RB and CB I beleive he should of been included and played in more England squads, that all.

Stopped Liverpool winning titles? Have a word with yourself ;)

Go on your own forum Jamie.

I started to dislike Carragher after he officially retired from England internationals as a protest for never getting a call up, hmmm now let me work out the logic in that one if I can.....obviously he thought his professional ability far exceeded the number of caps he thought he should have had, conceited so and so

You'll see a fair few strange decisions over the next 3 months so I'll get the ball rolling with this one..

Phillipe Montanier has left Real Sociedad to join Rennes.. Now, this has got to be one of the strangest decisons I've seen in football.. The guy has done an amazing job with Real Sodiedad, the play great football, they've only lost 2 games in the last 24 (4-3 to Real madrid and 2-1 to Getafe) in a run that has seen them destroy Malaga and Valencia as well as beating Barca and winning at Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and rivals Athletico Bilboa..

They're on the verge of CL football (in a tussle with Valencia for 4th spot) and have a bright future.. Next season could be the year they break into the top 4..

Yet he leaves to go to a worse side, a Rennes side who not only plays in a rubbish French league with very little chance of doing anything but to a side that are 11th in the table and have no European football to look forward to..

Absolutely bizarre

"I want to be at Reading Football Club"

Nigel, stop it.

"I want to be at Reading"

Football club

Football pitch

Football matches

Stop trying to sound intelligent. My no.1 hate in interviews. Pulis always does it.

Like when players say

"It's always nice to get the win"

Surely not?

Worst one for me is "in this Barclays Premier League".

NO NO NO, WHY PUT THE SPONSOR NAME IN JUST TO MAKE IT SOUND LONGER YOUR ******.

iuhefiubeiaubfibnsgjsfijnfsdnfiaweiurheu

You'll see a fair few strange decisions over the next 3 months so I'll get the ball rolling with this one..

Phillipe Montanier has left Real Sociedad to join Rennes.. Now, this has got to be one of the strangest decisons I've seen in football.. The guy has done an amazing job with Real Sodiedad, the play great football, they've only lost 2 games in the last 24 (4-3 to Real madrid and 2-1 to Getafe) in a run that has seen them destroy Malaga and Valencia as well as beating Barca and winning at Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and rivals Athletico Bilboa..

They're on the verge of CL football (in a tussle with Valencia for 4th spot) and have a bright future.. Next season could be the year they break into the top 4..

Yet he leaves to go to a worse side, a Rennes side who not only plays in a rubbish French league with very little chance of doing anything but to a side that are 11th in the table and have no European football to look forward to..

Absolutely bizarre

Rennes must have money. There are plenty of smaller clubs in the French league as well.....cracking stadium, decent sized city, must be potential there. You don't make a move that random, surely, without having a good reason?

If you're in the French league and you get a good side together, a CL spot isn't very difficult to achieve. PSG are pretty much the only quality team in the league, with Lyon busy blooding in some youngsters, Marseille playing Joey Barton and the other clubs selling anyone to Newcastle as soon as they're any good.

Have you seen these cnuts Clichy and Lampard talking about Mancini and Benitez?

Basically Clichy says if the team plays well then it's the manager. If the team plays poor its the manager so City were right to sack Mancini.

Right, so when Mancini publicly said after losing the title 'any player not giving 100% for the remainder of the season can be sold. You're playing for your futures' - what he was really saying in the changing room was 'hey Yaya, in this Cup final v Wigan can you wonder around with Aguero and try to avoid getting involved and creating any energy or magic please. Your one of the best players in the world so if you can just relax and take it easy....'

Lampard (co-manager, hero, co-chairman and all round Chelsea God) felt Chelsea fans were right to get on Benitez back and he doesn't like Benitez man management style.

Yes, I bet Benitez found it much easier to work within that situation. I bet he requests that its that hostile everywhere he goes.

I heard AVB didn't enjoy yours and Terry's management style.

Again Fat Frank covering himself in glory...knob head....Rafa and AVB both walk away from that horrible club with their heads held high and reputation in tact, fair play to them both.

As for Clichy...well, he is just about the worst footballer ever to win the title, he should be thanking Mancini for taking him from Arsenal reserves...again, another knob head.

This made me laugh a little bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22596125

I read that.. It was a good read..

It's hard to predict results game by game and look at it at the end as a points total because you swing towards form and what you think will happen on the day..

You know full well that Man Utd are going to lose a few games, and that Southampton for example are going to pick up around 40 points.. But you can't predict in which games they are going to get those points..

It looks like a load of rubbish when you see Lawro predicted that Man Utd would go undefeated.. But whn it comes to the games, he's hardly going to predict that Norwich would beat them, or that Spurs would win at Old Trafford.. If you had to put money on, why would anyone choose them over Utd?

Interesting to see he had Southampton down for 15 straight losses.. That sounds ridiculous but then again he was only predictg what he thought was going to happen on the day..

I did an NPC predictor with about 8 games to go and had Barnsley down for about 2 points.. I looked at it and knew it wouldn't happen, but going on a game by game basis I thought they'd lose at home to the likes of Hull and Leicester and struggle away..

It probably explains his logic with QPR winning 16 games.. After their inital poor start, he probably thought 'well they're due a win' and penciled them in for a win for another 12 games running.. You can also tell he favours the top sides.. 30 points seperating 6th with 13th.. His predictions were a case of 'big teams win all the home games, and X amount of the away games.. Bottom lot lose to the top 6 both home and the majority away and win/draw/lose against eachother basing on who is the home team..

Gioes to show how predictable the PL is.. Lawro beat the bookies, and his predictions were totally predictable..

Monaco have signed Porto's midfield duo Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez for a combined £60m.

The French League 1 newcomers confirmed Portugal's Moutinho, 26, and Colombia's Rodriguez, 21, have signed five-year deals.

Portuguese champions Porto revealed on their website  Monaco have paid £38.5m for Rodriguez and £21.5m for Moutinho.

Erm.. Wow what the feck.. Alot of money for 2 good players but hardly elite players..

Porto have made a killing over the past 3 years selling Falcao, Hulk, Rodriguez and Moutinho..

Archived