May Games

Alph

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know sometimes I watch football and wonder why I couldn't make it.

There's zero skill in hoofball

Obviously I know these lads are good players but the disguise it well. Fitness must be the most important attribute in football in this country. Can't see much skill outside the PL!!

I'd be interested to know how Northampton usually play, because they've been truly awful in every respect today.

I'm going to guess that, with a frontline of Akinfenwa and Clive Platt, this isn't too far removed from their usual style.

Well done to 2 former Rams in Doyle and Meredith anyway.

Well that's an hour and half I won't get back. I honestly wouldn't watch league football if Derby were in the PL. it's ugly as fook! Good for fans but its pub stuff.

I played with/against Doyle. He was faster, stronger, good in the air his passing was perfect his pace was ridiculous...

... so why does our lower league football consist of hoofing into the box?

Is this why the National team are so short of trophies? Because this is how we coach players?

That was the most distressing game of football i've watched since we got sausageted by Forest.

​Zero ideas from the 1st minute, one shot on target says it all. Fair play to Bradford, looked a very good side today. Nahki Wells terrorized Towns defence, although frankly a 6 year old child could have bagged against that useless back 4 today. 

I've seen him do 2 things in this match

1) score a fantastic goal with the outside of his foot from the edge of the box

2) bring down a Brentford player with a striker's tackle about 30 yards from his own goal

my blocky stream makes it hard to see exactly which player is doing what when there aren't any replays, but he really doesn't seem to have been involved in the slightest aside from the above.

Some people seem to want a striker who does nothing but score goals, and it looks like that may be the type of player he is. I could be completely wrong though.

He's good, but this season could easily be a one off, as previously he hadn't done anything of note. Every club under the sun seems to be linked with him, which is why I can't take anyone who says "I've heard about Paddy Madden coming in" seriously, as it's such an easy rumour to make up.

As it is, he'll probably have another year at Yeovil if they go up (as they seem to be about to do) before clubs go in for him, they'll want to see how well he fares at this level first.

Forgot to update this, Brentfford made it 2-1 early in the 2nd half and have pressed for most of this half.

6 mins added time just started.

Oh and Madden has done sod all

edit, nearly over, still 2-1 but the commentator appears to have got confused.

6 mins added time and after 4.36 of it he's saying we're in the final 30 seconds

Archived