Is Nigel the one to take us forward..........

SillyBilly

There's a great pub in Nottingham called The Castle that serves Hoegarden and a range of other foreign beers on tap, expensive but worth it. I used to be a disciple of drinking Thunderbird when I was young, I did have the misfortune to take with me 4 cans of Tennants Super to a Test Match at Edgbaston and had no recollection of anything that happened after lunch....

I once bought a couple of each Carlsberg Special and Tennants when I was 18 in a straight competition for which was the most bearable drink to get wasted on a budget. Carlsberg Special came out on top and so became my drink of choice for 3 years at uni.

The price of a night out was 4 cans, admission to a club and a burger on the way home.

Certainly wouldn't recommend it to the younger generation but I enjoyed those times. I haven't gone near a can in all the years since, just the thought makes me sick to my stomach. I did always find the first can the challenge as well as the dregs at the bottom of each can thereafter. I was bouncing off the ceiling by the third though.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The drink of choice in my formative years was Tom Caxton home brew, with an extra couple of two-pound bags of sugar in the wort to kick up the alcohol content.

SillyBilly

Try some cans of K Cider, at Uni we had the 10 K challenge, it's about 9%. I can get to about 4 before I'm battered. A couple of my mates done it, another was coughing up blood after about 8, vicious stuff. 

Ha, you play a drinking game (we used to call) Centurion? One shot every minute for 100 minutes. Works out about 5.5/6 (I think) cans in 1hr 40 minutes. Gets you surprisingly pissed on standard largers. But with cider or Specials its deadly.

Ha, you play a drinking game (we used to call) Centurion? One shot every minute for 100 minutes. Works out about 5.5/6 (I think) cans in 1hr 40 minutes. Gets you surprisingly pissed on standard largers. But with cider or Specials its deadly.

Haha yep, I couldnt do it, I wasnt p*ssed or anything but the gas was too much, would have been sick if I carried on. It's surprisingly difficult, sounds easy. Even a few of my mates who can drink a lot were quite battered by the end of it. 

Two of them done it with wine, both heroically got to about 80-90 before both were offensively out of their trolleys. 

Great night.

You are a Forest troll and I claim my £5.

That is the sort of cheap personal abuse that you resort to when you are not able to convince people of

your point of view.I won't complain because it convinces me that i'm right.However if you have any humility

or balls at all,you will withdraw that remark,and apologise.

That is the sort of cheap personal abuse that you resort to when you are not able to convince people of

your point of view.I won't complain because it convinces me that i'm right.However if you have any humility

You post in the identical fashion to what I'd expect from a florist troll. On a forum, how are we supposed to tell the difference?

You're the one making predictions 'O wise one', I offered you a bet based on your prediction. You chickened out. I gave you 50% improved odds and you still chickened out. I thought at least you were a man of conviction.You have lost what little respect I had for you.

Comon Sage you can do better than that..

Do you think I'm insane? Only a moron would bet at those odds..

My point of view was, and still is, that you are a Forest fan masquerading as a Derby fan. It seems that, with respect to the number of 'likes' attributed to the remark, that I HAVE, by and large, convinced people of my point of view. Consequently, it appears that I have fulfilled the criteria of your opening statement. As far as your second point is concerned, go ahead and report the post - I'm sure that the moderators will laugh at you to the same extent that I am laughing at your faux pomposity and mock generosity. 

You give the impression that you hate everything about Derby County. Pretty well everything you ever say on this message board is far worse than calling you a Forest troll, so until you do anything other than tell everyone just how awful everything is at Pride Park, the team, the manager, the board and probably the weather, I stand by every word.

As far as apologising is concerned, I'm only sorry I didn't call you a Forest troll before if it elicits this type of hysterical reaction.

Comon Sage you can do better than that..

Do you think I'm insane? Only a moron would bet at those odds..

What odds do you expect to get on Derby to finish in the bottom 6?

All you have done is confirm what I said,you have neither grace nor balls.

Not even close bud. Come on then, prove yourself - what is the recipe for success at Derby. What do you want to see happen? Say somethimng constructive instead of dragging every thread down with the same tired old whinges.

Either get a tape measure or put 'em away fella.

A new manager.Go to Ipswich talk to Mick McCarthy,make it plain he will have a transfer budget to

cover new quality additions and wages.2 year contract renewable if obvious improvement is being made.

Can't get more positive than that,I am always positive despite coming up to my 50th anniversary as a rams

fan.

Just ignore it. If you are a Derby loyal, sooner or later you'll post something so vague and obscure that only a Derby fan would post it. I dunno, you'll mention Avi Nimni or Lillian Martin or something, and thus remove all doubt.

I think we need to find a formation that will enable us to play with 3 central midfielders, two of Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick and then a 'holding' player who would be someone with a bit more experience. I don't like Bryson wide just so as to get him into the team and I think it would be good to find someone of real quality to captain the side from central midfield. Maybe someone with a bit of steel and spitefulness, I think we lack that   

I would like to see us go back to the formation Jim Smith played, with Brayford and Forsyth (or maybe someone more attack minded) as wingbacks. I think Keogh would be better in a 3 as well. As others have said, I think Martin could play that 'Willems' role and then you could have Sammon and someone else running the channels

Archived