Is Nigel the one to take us forward..........

A new manager.Go to Ipswich talk to Mick McCarthy,make it plain he will have a transfer budget to

cover new quality additions and wages.2 year contract renewable if obvious improvement is being made.

Can't get more positive than that,I am always positive despite coming up to my 50th anniversary as a rams

fan.

OK, so McCarthy has track record I'll give you that. Lets assume we can tempt him away from Marcus Evans' millions.

How much should the board be looking to give him for players and wages? How many players do we need in your opinion t6f? Cloughie reckons we evolve steadily to the tune of 6 players, and by the looks of it roughly neutral in fees and wages.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as it takes,there are other managers,but he's the best.The Prem is worth 100 million +.

Well McCarthy did build that Wolves team thats..................just got relegated to the 1st Division.

Give Nigel Clough a chance if theres any cash to flash.

As much as it takes,there are other managers,but he's the best.The Prem is worth 100 million +.

Who is it worth 100m plus to and where has that mythical figure come from?

All I see is that last year the 20 premier league clubs lost 361m pounds between them. That's an average of 18m LOSS per club.

If the 3 promoted clubs got 100m + each then what the hell were the rest of them playing at?

So you want big money spent. Leicester lost £25m plus last term to creep into the play-offs this time 7 points ahead of us.

We don't have that kind of owner - so, do we man the barricades and re-hash the board out campaign? Or would you rather be rid of Nigel and give another manager the same kitty Nigel has got. I can't see that offer tempting Mick McCarthy, so who would you go for then?

That's why I offered them to you. Who tipped you off?

Who tipped me off? Is that some sort of Derby slang I don't understand..

You're all talk and no walk buddy.. Willing to bet that Derby won't finish in the bottom 6 at ridiculous prices.. Well aren't you the confident one..

How about WHU to finish in the bottom 5 next season? You give me $100 if they finish in the top half, I'll give you $100 if they finish in the bottom 5 and we'll call it quits if WHU finish between 15th-11th?

Yeh, stupid isn't it..

You're all talk and no walk buddy.. Willing to bet that Derby won't finish in the bottom 6 at ridiculous prices.. Well aren't you the confident one..

How about WHU to finish in the bottom 5 next season? You give me $100 if they finish in the top half, I'll give you $100 if they finish in the bottom 5 and we'll call it quits if WHU finish between 15th-11th?

Yeh, stupid isn't it..

Who was it who said Derby would finish in the bottom six Bris?

Was it Sage?

Who was it who said Derby would finish in the bottom six Bris?

Was it Sage?

No it was me.. It was a prediction.. Just like those saying we'll finish anywhere..

I had Wolves for top 6 last year, that was my prediction.. I didn't put $100 on it though, why would I?

I did have $50 on Hull at 30-1 EW though..

Someone is willing to bet money that we don't finish in the bottom 6 must be uber confident.. Not the guy who originally made a prediction.. If Sage was so confident, he'd offer me better odds than the ridiculous ones he put up..

I can't see us finishing in the bottom 6, even with the squad we have now. i wouldn't be surprised if we made top 6. 

Clough is a good manager, a little lacking tactically. Example: Millwall on Saturday, Martin was poor, and seemed unable to hold the ball up, and was for a reason i have no idea of, playing up front on his own, while they had 2 centre backs who stepped forward, a striker like Sammon who leaned back into them or Bennett who will run beyond would have ended the game long before.

Not unless he makes subs earlier in the match.

I know some people won't agree with me but haven't you noticed that most other managers make subs around 60-70th minute while Nigel makes them at the 80-87th minutes.

It could be because we lack depth and quality on the bench (apart from Connor Doyle :D) but I would really rather have a pacy Bennet have a good 20-30 minutes run at their defence.

No it was me.. It was a prediction.. Just like those saying we'll finish anywhere..

I had Wolves for top 6 last year, that was my prediction.. I didn't put $100 on it though, why would I?

So you were just making a noise and hoping to get a bite? Never saw that coming.

Who is it worth 100m plus to and where has that mythical figure come from?

All I see is that last year the 20 premier league clubs lost 361m pounds between them. That's an average of 18m LOSS per club.

If the 3 promoted clubs got 100m + each then what the hell were the rest of them playing at?

Thats the increase in club sponsorship from the prem for next season est.120 million actually-keep up

Well McCarthy did build that Wolves team thats..................just got relegated to the 1st Division.

Give Nigel Clough a chance if theres any cash to flash.

They have had 2 managers since then and he has just saved Ipswich from relegation.Clough wasted 1.2 million

on Sammon-say no more.

So you want big money spent. Leicester lost £25m plus last term to creep into the play-offs this time 7 points ahead of us.

We don't have that kind of owner - so, do we man the barricades and re-hash the board out campaign? Or would you rather be rid of Nigel and give another manager the same kitty Nigel has got. I can't see that offer tempting Mick McCarthy, so who would you go for then?

On the Billionaire count we are ahead-feed the rams!

On the Billionaire count we are ahead-feed the rams!

So the key thing for you then is that the owners stump up. There's no doubt they've got the wedge, but so far there's little to suggest they're going to spend it wildly at Derby.

So we're back to sticking with Clough, or replacing him with someone who's only got the same budget, or shouting the board out.

There's no-one we know of with deeper pockets waiting in the wings, there's few if any done better with less resources recently to replace Clough with...so, stick with Clough right?

Yeh, stupid isn't it..

Ha Ha.

So you make a prediction and I call you a straight bet on it. You won't bet.

I make a prediction and offer a straight bet. My prediction against yours. You won't bet.

So unless I (not a bookmaker) don't offer you odds of 3/1 or 4/1 or similar, I'm the one who doesn't walk the walk. Interesting. 

Final offer. Straight bet, I pay out bottom six, you pay out top six. Wrist Slasher v Happy Clapper, Pessimist v Optimist, WUM v Fan. 

Put up or shut up.

So you were just making a noise and hoping to get a bite? Never saw that coming.

No, hardly, this is a forum for opinions..

I didn't jump on anyone predicting we'll finish in the top 6 saying that I'll bet them $100 that we don't..

Betting in the Championship is the equivalent of betting what the weather's going to be like in South Dakota next week

So the key thing for you then is that the owners stump up. There's no doubt they've got the wedge, but so far there's little to suggest they're going to spend it wildly at Derby.

So we're back to sticking with Clough, or replacing him with someone who's only got the same budget, or shouting the board out.

There's no-one we know of with deeper pockets waiting in the wings, there's few if any done better with less resources recently to replace Clough with...so, stick with Clough right?

We may have to.The point is I was challenged to provide a way of getting promotion which I did.You seem

delighted in knocking me down,and they call me negative! who are the real supporters,eh?

Archived