Championship Killie

killieboy93

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one would be interested to know how many foreign players Derby have on their books proportional to the other Championship teams (Watford excluded) not to prove that Clough is a xenophobe but to gauge how limited his scouting horizons really are

I for one would be interested to know how many foreign players Derby have on their books proportional to the other Championship teams (Watford excluded) not to prove that Clough is a xenophobe but to gauge how limited his scouting horizons really are

i was interested myself, so from a quick look at each clubs' first team squad on wiki, number of players from outside the UK and Ireland;

Cardiff 6

Hull 8

Watford 14

Palace 6

Notts Forest 7

Leicester 6

Brighton 13

Bolton 9

Boro 10

Leeds 4

Burnley 4

Brum 10

Derby 2

Millwall 4

Charlton 6

Huddersfield 1 (Theo)

Blackpool 8

Blackburn 15

Ipswich 5

Barnsley 4

Sheff Wed 7

Peterboro 5

Wolves 14

Bristol City 3 (+ 1 ginger tosser)

i was interested myself, so from a quick look at each clubs' first team squad on wiki, number of players from outside the UK and Ireland;

Cardiff 6

Hull 8

Watford 14

Palace 6

Notts Forest 7

Leicester 6

Brighton 13

Bolton 9

Boro 10

Leeds 4

Burnley 4

Brum 10

Derby 2

Millwall 4

Charlton 6

Huddersfield 1 (Theo)

Blackpool 8

Blackburn 15

Ipswich 5

Barnsley 4

Sheff Wed 7

Peterboro 5

Wolves 14

Interesting so looking at that list Huddersfield is the place to be if your a xenophobic footy fan. 

It's actualy quite interesting if you compare the current table to a table based upon number of foreign players.

Blackburn 15                               

Wolves 14

Watford 14

Brighton 13

Boro 10

Brum 10

Bolton 9

Hull 8 

Blackpool 8

Notts Forest 7

Sheff Wed 7

Cardiff 6 
Palace 6
Leicester 6

Charlton 6

Ipswich 5

Peterboro 5
Leeds 4
Burnley 4
Millwall 4

Barnsley 4

Derby 2
Huddersfield 1 (Theo)

In comparison to the current league standings

Cardiff 6
Hull 8
Watford 14
Palace 6
Notts Forest 7
Leicester 6
Brighton 13
Bolton 9
Boro 10
Leeds 4
Burnley 4
Brum 10
Derby 2
Millwall 4
Charlton 6
Huddersfield 1 (Theo)
Blackpool 8
Blackburn 15
Ipswich 5
Barnsley 4
Sheff Wed 7
Peterboro 5
Wolves 14

Just had a flick through this thread. i bet killieboy93 wishes he'd never bothered. if he's get any sense he'll stay at home. i think he's really really looking forward to coming to derby. we have made it sound the best place on earth with the best football team and the best fans.

sammon was useless with us until mixu paatelainen took charge mixu turned sammon around he had a good 6 month or so with killie then we sold him to Wigan he seems to be confidence based player he was with us anyway.

The points about Bryson dont surprise me he was killies engine room i knew he would make the step up with ease. alot of killie fans feel we were hard done by with how much we got for Bryson. im of the opinion a player is only worth what a club a prepared to pay and it will be hard for English clubs to judge SPL players.

looking forward seeing the 3 of them play 3 of the best players to ware the stripes in recent years they could have easily ended up at sevco (rangers) or ceptic like alot of our players have done in the past and seems to be on the cards with current players. rather see players go down south and develop their career.

We are getting the train from Glasgow early tomorrow morning and staying at the pride park travel lodge going home saturday afternoon. Should be good its something different :D   

sammon was useless with us until mixu paatelainen took charge mixu turned sammon around he had a good 6 month or so with killie then we sold him to Wigan he seems to be confidence based player he was with us anyway.

Didn't you have one of the Eremenko brothers (Alexei?) playing behind Ssammon that season?

Maybe we could try something similar with Hughes and Sammon?

Bring ya boots, tell everyone you are a striker and one of you will probably end up with a 3 year contract, i reckon thats what Sammon did

Only joking Gristone, before you spit that dummy out :p

It's actualy quite interesting if you compare the current table to a table based upon number of foreign players.

It disproves the theory that having a lot of foreign players will get you to the top, but it indicates that by not having foreign players you won't be near the top, if you get me drift.

Sort of

The points about Bryson dont surprise me he was killies engine room i knew he would make the step up with ease. alot of killie fans feel we were hard done by with how much we got for Bryson. im of the opinion a player is only worth what a club a prepared to pay and it will be hard for English clubs to judge SPL players.

looking forward seeing the 3 of them play 3 of the best players to ware the stripes in recent years they could have easily ended up at sevco (rangers) or ceptic like alot of our players have done in the past and seems to be on the cards with current players. rather see players go down south and develop their career.

We are getting the train from Glasgow early tomorrow morning and staying at the pride park travel lodge going home saturday afternoon. Should be good its something different :D   

Hope you enjoy a good trip.

Archived