Championship Killie

killieboy93

Me and a mate are coming down from Kilmarnock on Friday to see the game against Bristol to see how Sammon, Bryson and on the opposite side Liam Kelly are getting on down south. Looking forward to my first English game what the match day experience like ? Where is the best pubs to drink pre and post match ?

What's your opinions on the fish and bryson ?

:)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brunswick Inn near the train station. If you want a few pubs, then Sadlergate for busyness, Derwent Street and Cathedral Square for good beer.

Bryson, excellent engine, decent at this level, but lacks finesse, Sammon is hated by many fans, not me, Hasbn't scored enough, works hard, but touch is inconsistent.

Bryson struggled to find his stride again since he missed a couple of games with injury.

Sammon not doing too great

Matchday experience.... Imagine Celtic v Rangers. Then imagine it the next day when everyone has gone home and you can hear a gnat's fart.

Brunswick Inn near the train station. If you want a few pubs, then Sadlergate for busyness, Derwent Street and Cathedral Square for good beer.

Bryson, excellent engine, decent at this level, but lacks finesse, Sammon is hated by many fans, not me, Hasbn't scored enough, works hard, but touch is inconsistent.

Surely this would suggest that for every 5 touches, 2 would be good, 1 would be OK, 1 would be loose and the last one would be a tackle..

I'd take that all day long if it were true

I think his touches are extremely consistant.. In that of every 12, 1 would be good, 1 would be OK, 2 would be loose and 8 would be a tackle..

Me and a mate are coming down from Kilmarnock on Friday to see the game against Bristol to see how Sammon, Bryson and on the opposite side Liam Kelly are getting on down south. Looking forward to my first English game what the match day experience like ? Where is the best pubs to drink pre and post match ?

Sammon is an average championship striker and will probably make double figures.

Bryson is an absloute machine. His engine never runs out. Has played countless games even though he is injured this season.

You'll regret bringing up Sammon in a discussion on this forum. Let's just say he's not done as well as we had hoped :lol: .

On the other hand, Bryson's a fan-favourite. Absolute engine in the middle of midfield and scores crucial goals for us (see Forest away, for example). I get the impression he's a good person to have in the dressing room too, a very positive influence.

As for Liam Kelly, I don't really know how he's getting on to be honest. I was a big fan of his when he was playing for Killie and I honestly thought Brizzle were getting themselves a bargain. Unfortunately, I've not heard much about him in this league. Either way, I hope he has a terrible game against us :p

Surely this would suggest that for every 5 touches, 2 would be good, 1 would be OK, 1 would be loose and the last one would be a tackle..

I'd take that all day long if it were true

I think his touches are extremely consistant.. In that of every 12, 1 would be good, 1 would be OK, 2 would be loose and 8 would be a tackle..

Keep fishing.

Our fans are a fkn embarrassment as you can tell.

Bryson has been an excellent signing for 350k, but our lot seem to think if we write a cheque then the player ought to be something very very special.

As for Sammon, you wouldn't think he was our player but derby fans love to hate their own players.

We hate kris commons now he's gone.

We hated gary teale and jay mceverley.

We're not sure about nigel clough.

We think Chris Maguire must be a waster.

We hate Billy davies

we hate players who don't work hard.

We hate players who do work hard - as this implies its all they've got to offer.

We hate stephen pearson

We hate.......well you get the general drift.

Good on you for still supporting a couple of your ex-players.

Bryson has been a decent player for us in my opinion, works hard & chips in the odd goal, here an there.

The less said the batter, about the fish, me thinks (personally I'd compare him with that platform game Donkey Kong, but without the kong)

The match day experience is probably what you would expect, for a team which is seeing another season, peter out into mid-table mediocrity...a little subdued.

Fair play for coming down Killieboy. Hope you have a great trip and make a good weekend of it.

Bryson is massive for us. Absolutely massive and don't let EKR's comments fool you. We're not the same side if he doesn't play. He's tidy on the ball without being spectacular and more often than not he's the one busting his balls trying to get on the end of a one two. I don't know the stats for the whole league but I do know he works harder than any other Derby player, funnily enough with Conor Sammon probably running him a close second. It must be the water up there.

Sammon, I love him. I think he's a great team player. I don't care that he's not prolific although I'd prefer if he'd smashed in 15 by now. I don't care that the ball bounces away from him. He gets stick for missing volleys when the balls 5 yards behind him. He gets stick for mis controlling a ball he has no right to hold. He gets stick for playing for Ireland from people who have likely never been picked for the school starting 11 and I mean the reserves as well.

He gets hardly any praise for doing anything good as well, for example hardly anyone ever notices when he plays a ball that leads to a goal, it must have been a fluke (forest). If he does score it will definitely have just hit him and gone in. He wouldn't know what had happened cos he's awful just read that 30 page thread!!

You'll likely do what most away fans do. I say most because we've played really nicely  for 90% of our home games but we've been strangely flat on occasions as well. You'll go away thinking we're an energetic tidy little side, we can play a bit but we're  lacking a bit of experience and you'll definitely go away thinking that Conor Sammon chases everything, battles for everything and gives the whole back four (not just "his" centre half) a real workover all game.

I'll leave you with a quote from Jamie Ward, his team mate responding to the unfair criticism coming from Derby fans.

"Football is about opinions," said Ward. "If you have a football brain, you will realise what he does for the team"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1">. The whole team benefits from the work he puts in.

I think Jamie bolded that bit not me ;-)

Safe trip and hope you bring us some luck. 2-1 to the Rams ex Killy boys getting all three!

Our fans are a fkn embarrassment as you can tell.

Bryson has been an excellent signing for 350k, but our lot seem to think if we write a cheque then the player ought to be something very very special.

As for Sammon, you wouldn't think he was our player but derby fans love to hate their own players.

We hate kris commons now he's gone.

We hated gary teale and jay mceverley.

We're not sure about nigel clough.

We think Chris Maguire must be a waster.

We hate Billy davies

we hate players who don't work hard.

We hate players who do work hard - as this implies its all they've got to offer.

We hate stephen pearson

We hate.......well you get the general drift.

Good on you for still supporting a couple of your ex-players.

jay mceverley is one of my all time favourites

In the opening few minutes Sammon will no doubt hold the ball up, chase everything, control a few balls, make a few passes but I GUARENTEE you now, his first mistake will be the only contribution noted by Derby "fans" and they will be up shouting, moaning, jeering and all his earlier work will be forgotten about.

If you took some of the posts seriously about Sammon you'd think, he's never controlled a ball, he's never won a header, he's never made a tackle, he's never completed a single pass and never scored a goal that didn't bobble in off his shin or knee. I like Sammon, but I don't let they sway my view on him, I know he's not the best player in the world but he certainly isn't as bad as some like to make out.

Bryson was our player of the year last year, Bryson was untouchable amongst the Derby ranks, everybody loved him.......now after a couple injuries and a few off games people have forgotten about the Bryson of old. That's just Derby fans for you, most of them are a joke.

Archived