Derby County v Leicester City

Boycie

Sorry did someone say Sammon had a good first half? Can you watch it again? Just check how many times he mis-controls it, loses it due to a heavy first touch, makes a poor pass, gets muscled off the ball. In fact no, I'll save you some time, just check how many times this doesn't happen.

The second half was the only time I remember seeing him control the ball, in the corner he controlled a high ball on his chest, I even remarked "bloody hell he's controlled it and done it well" he then tried to play in Coutts and got the pass wrong.

But not to single out Sammon. Coutts off the ball running was poor down the right, there were a number of time he should have gone and looked to be played in but was stationary.

Bryson and Hendrick were pretty anonymous.

But on a positive note Martin did everything Sammon didn't. I was really impressed with how he controlled, shielded the ball and played others in. Ward was lively, defence was solid enough.

Plus we got three points so happy days.

If you are referring to me i said he did OKAY in the first half and i don't need to watch it again i was there thank you.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Nugent had his scoring boots on he could have had a hattrick.. He created for himself at least 4 good shooting opportunities.. If he was a better finisher he'd be in the PL, it definitely showed the difference between him and Sammon..

It was a poor performance but the 3 points are welcome..

Coutts was dire, and he could quite easily have got himself sent off.. 1 for his stud challenge which was a correct yellow, but later on when Schlupps ran past him he tried to grab him and haul him back, only for Schlupp to shrug him off.. Good job aswell because had Schlupp gone down it would have been another yellow..

Schlupp and Nugent were the best footballers out there, in that them 2 looked the only players who could control the ball and make space..

Whoever thought Sammon had a good game is quite literally on drugs... I actually laughed at how bad his decisions were.. So many passes going astray, poor touches, ducking out of headers.. He even managed to cock up a pass to Coutts who was literally 3 yards away from him.. But, and it's a big but, he did win the FK that led to their goal just through strength and annoyance.. He has a use, but he shouldn't be anywhere near our best 11..

Everything else has pretty much been said.

I think i was watching a different game to everyone else.

I quite enjoyed it......obviously the result was a big part of that.

But i enjoyed the way we battled as a team.

I thought everyone gave 100% in awful conditions.

Do people really think we are going to play like brazil in those conditions, in a local derby, when we desperate for the three points, and when we are playing a team which has had massive investment.

We know that they have the ability to play through us, but very little got as far as Frankie because we pressed, and we defended and we competed and sometimes thats what its all about.

Well done to the whole team - including Coutts and Sammon.

And as for Bris's comparison of Sammon and Nugent.....ffs.......Nugent cost £4m....of course he's better.

He's also better at texting a photo of his d1ck to some bird he met in a nightclub.

never seen such a bunch of mardy arsed tw+ts in my life, even calling each other ******. classic.

Did anyone else hear them booing our ball kids? Classy bunch.

And as for Bris's comparison of Sammon and Nugent.....ffs.......Nugent cost £4m....of course he's better.

Point I was making is if DCFC have any aspirations of a top 6 spot or promotion the likes of Sammon, Coutts and Buxton can be nowhere near the starting 11..

We won ugly, makes a change from losing pretty. Played far better vs Bolton, Watford, Palace and Cardiff.....but gained more points in 90 minutes of scarping, than we did in those four games playing nice "tippy-tappy" football.

Well done boys!! Martin looks a good player also, im a fan.

On the FLS last night...

I thought it was amusing that after they'd exhausted a thorough analysis of Leicester's defence, then Leicester's midfield, Manish issued a 'vital win for Derby there', before posing to Claridge the question of 'where does this leave Leicester?'

I mean, I know they're play-off contenders and we're not, but even an attempt at balance would be nice...

On the FLS last night...

I thought it was amusing that after they'd exhausted a thorough analysis of Leicester's defence, then Leicester's midfield, Manish issued a 'vital win for Derby there', before posing to Claridge the question of 'where does this leave Leicester?'

I mean, I know they're play-off contenders and we're not, but even an attempt at balance would be nice...

Did you really expect an unbiased appraisal from those 2? Might as well have got the jug eared crisp eater along as well to make up the 3 some

Point I was making is if DCFC have any aspirations of a top 6 spot or promotion the likes of Sammon, Coutts and Buxton can be nowhere near the starting 11..

To be fair, Buxton has been very solid the last few games. If anything better than Keogh on current form in my opinion, I agree he probably isn't good enough long term for a top 6 finish but a little unfair to pick him out amongst the rest. Although I agree with Sammon, he does look awful.

I quite liked the bit where Coutts left his foot in on St Ledger.

Reminds the opposition we're not going be a walkover.

I personally liked the foul by Freeman on Schlupp. Made Freeman look silly and just when he might have gone on to create something, he gave him a little trip. I believe they call that "taking one for the team" and it shows real maturity. Not going to lie, I applauded it.

I looked through here thinking I bet the 'wrist-slashers' are hiding after a well fought win, not a great performance but none-the-less... we beat a team with a lot of quality, they were poor but I thought we made them scrap and took advantage of their lack of confidence and won, and it wasn't exactly like we are brimming with confidence either.

But, instead there is 7 pages hammering Sammon, at least our fans are consistent... I'll say well done to the whole team they all played their part in the performance. 

i would like to see Buxton play at least one game in the prem for Derby.

He's a players player, a fans favourite and a truly nice gentleman.

Living the dream.

Buxton has been better than Keogh for me this season, on the whole! And in all honesty, can't think of when he has been fit when he has let us down. I think people need to drop the 'burton' thing, he has been an established championship defender now for 3 years! 

Remember when Bucko used to come on and just head it and kick it (into the stand)?

I can't believe how much he has come on with experience. His distribution is actually much better than almost every central defender we've had in the past 10 years. (granted I'm thinking of Darren Moore, Claude Davis etc)

Archived