Derby County v Leicester City

Boycie

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Bucko used to come on and just head it and kick it (into the stand)?

I can't believe how much he has come on with experience. His distribution is actually much better than almost every central defender we've had in the past 10 years. (granted I'm thinking of Darren Moore, Claude Davis etc)

Bucko is probably the third or fourth best passer in the entire squad.

Buxton is my favourite Derby player, along with Barker. I think the passion them 2 can serve up for the club and management staff here could power a medium sized shanty town in Ghana! 

See my avatar. Last year I brewed a beer dedicated to him - it was so good, I never gave any away (a rarity for me)

Did anyone else hear them booing our ball kids? Classy bunch.

Aye, i think they are probably the worst set of supporters generally in the country, we have florest and leeds fans on here and we go along with the banter and wot not but you go on Leicesters forum and all your told is f**k off.

Nice.

•  

Jake "30 megawatts" Buxton...........?

He's a throwback to another era.

DeLorian on standby - "one point twennyone jiggerwatts" is what it takes.

Aye, i think they are probably the worst set of supporters generally in the country, we have florest and leeds fans on here and we go along with the banter and wot not but you go on Leicesters forum and all your told is f**k off.

Nice.

•  

Leicester fan at work is saying that they were chanting "what's it like to burn your kids" at us on Saturday. I didn't hear this (and in his defence him and the majority of Leics fans on their forums are ashamed of the minority who allegedly sang it) but if it's true that is the lowest of the low. Disgraceful

Leicester fan at work is saying that they were chanting "what's it like to burn your kids" at us on Saturday. I didn't hear this (and in his defence him and the majority of Leics fans on their forums are ashamed of the minority who allegedly sang it) but if it's true that is the lowest of the low. Disgraceful

i dont take note of these things because it is just a minority. 

if people are caught chanting this sort of stuff so be it, ban them from all football.

it was like at the forest game.

our (a small minority) fans chanted about the forest chairman dying and they chanted about Kris Commons child. Both as bad as each other, this sort of chanting happens. It cannot be ignored obviously but it happens. 

As soon as someone begins chanting then I would straight away blame those around for not reporting it to a steward. 

i dont take note of these things because it is just a minority. 

if people are caught chanting this sort of stuff so be it, ban them from all football.

it was like at the forest game.

our (a small minority) fans chanted about the forest chairman dying and they chanted about Kris Commons child. Both as bad as each other, this sort of chanting happens. It cannot be ignored obviously but it happens. 

As soon as someone begins chanting then I would straight away blame those around for not reporting it to a steward. 

In fairness when we sang about the chairman it was a small minority comparable to how many we're at the stadium but there was a very good crowd that sang it, pretty much everyone around me (bar one or two (me and tibbs being the one or two) who just stood there stunned.

That was to the 'going down with a chairman in the box' chant... The you wanted him gone one, I agreed with since his last days on this earth were spent receiving death threats from the fans of the club he bankrolled for 10 years, I always thought he deserved much, much better than them fuckwits! Still grinds on me that they treated him like that, after spending the best part of 100million and standing by the club he loved! I'd of been disgusted if that happened at my club anyway..

In fairness when we sang about the chairman it was a small minority comparable to how many we're at the stadium but there was a very good crowd that sang it, pretty much everyone around me (bar one or two (me and tibbs being the one or two) who just stood there stunned.

That was to the 'going down with a chairman in the box' chant... The you wanted him gone one, I agreed with since his last days on this earth were spent receiving death threats from the fans of the club he bankrolled for 10 years, I always thought he deserved much, much better than them fuckwits! Still grinds on me that they treated him like that, after spending the best part of 100million and standing by the club he loved! I'd of been disgusted if that happened at my club anyway..

I dont mean to have a dig at you Ambitious I dont know the circumstances of the event that happened in term of the chanting but why didn't you report all of the people chanting to the steward?

There's an infantile minority at most if not every club who persist in keeping up vile diatribes in a mistaken effort to make themselves look clever.

It's pathetically laughable.

No. It isn't even laughable. Just pathetic.

I dont mean to have a dig at you Ambitious I dont know the circumstances of the event that happened in term of the chanting but why didn't you report all of the people chanting to the steward?

Because 3/4s of the east stand/south stand corner would of been thrown out and you'd of needed to be deaf to not hear it in that corner... A few people in the crowd it can be dealt with but in this case it was a few people the crowd not chanting/singing the stuff.

When I heard Derby fans talk about the minority I just assumed that was a ploy to put the embarrassment under the carpet!

Because 3/4s of the east stand/south stand corner would of been thrown out and you'd of needed to be deaf to not hear it in that corner... A few people in the crowd it can be dealt with but in this case it was a few people the crowd not chanting/singing the stuff.

When I heard Derby fans talk about the minority I just assumed that was a ploy to put the embarrassment under the carpet!

Oh so it wasnt really a 'minority' then, ok fair enough.

Thing is, I'm not agreeing with it btw, some fans like Millwalls just think that any chant that gets under your skin is fair game. Like the 'stab, stab, stab' etc they sing to Leeds. It's vile but then you go on their forums and see the turmoil as Leeds respond and a lot of it is just like 'we're at Millwall, we're not doing our jobs if you like it here'.

Like sikipedia or jokes we txt to each other that you'd not parade but they give you a giggle. Some fans see these chants as a wind up. Anything goes so to speak. It's grown up banter. It's meant to get you biting.

It's not stuff I'd sing myself btw. Just I read a big argument on a Millwall site once and I just thought they had a point. It's just a song. Worse jokes get passed around.

Like I said though, I wouldn't sing it myself. And I doubt Millwall would be able to take vile chants the other way without getting up in arms. You've got to draw a line somewhere haven't you? Not according to Millwall. And some Leeds fans singing Munich songs at Man United, and Man United singing Hillsborough songs at Liverpool, and Liverpool singing.... etc etc

Tend to agree with Alpha on this.

Sometimes we get on our high horse about other team's chants yet forget our own shortcomings.

Laugh it off/ignore it, its been going on since I were a lad ont popside. I would even suggest its better now than it was 30 or 40 years ago. The old terraces gave you anonymity so you could get away with owt.

I can remember paedo chants to Middlesbrough fans years ago when there was a major investigation going on up there......

Bad taste maybe but its not the end of the world.

If it was 1000 derby fans out of 30 000 home fans, that's a minority.

The east corner are struggling for chants at the best of times, and are obviously against the guys who will be behind the goals next season as they look to get their plan of getting a better atmosphere into action.

Archived