Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That hits the nail on the head y u are not a derby supporter.

Erm yes I am.. I'm just not moronic that I wouldn't turn down the best job of my life just because of loyalties to a football club..

Brian Clough said he was a Derby man.. Yet he went to Leeds and Forest..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm yes I am.. I'm just not moronic that I wouldn't turn down the best job of my life just because of loyalties to a football club..

Brian Clough said he was a Derby man.. Yet he went to Leeds and Forest..

Matt Busby played for Liverpool and Man City!

If by outstanding you mean the likes of Jurgen Klopp, Villa-Boas or Antonio Conte then you're correct..

But I'm pretty sure there are managers out there more capable than NC that would love a chance of the Derby job..

It's not some poisoned chalice, we're not cursed and we're not offering candy as payment.. The Derby County job is a solid job for a medium sized club in the 2nd tier with possibilities of promotion..

Ipswich are not a bigger pull than Derby.. Yet they haven't struggled to find managers recently.. In fact Mick McCarthy is a solid manager at this level and he jumped into the job.. Bristol City hired SOD.. Burnley haven't struggled either.. even Blackpool haven't struggled to find managers and they're arguably the smallest club in the division..

It's ludicrous to think Derby couldn't find a manager.. We could cherry pick any manager from the 3rd division down, and I'm fairly confident that Adkins wouldn't turn the job down if offered..

I'm fairly confident he would turn us down flat, unless he was presented with a different funding model to that which Nigel has to deal with.

I would say that reputation of the owners for parsimoniousness would make us appear very much a poisened chalice to all but the most desperate of managers.

Matt Busby played for Liverpool and Man City!

Jurgen Klopp recently said that he wouldn't turn down the Bayern job..

Lewendowksi is rumoured to be joining them in the summer..

Dortmund fans don't complain.. They still idolise both.. They're clearly more intelligent.

Ipswich are not a bigger pull than Derby.. Yet they haven't struggled to find managers recently.. In fact Mick McCarthy is a solid manager at this level and he jumped into the job.. Bristol City hired SOD.. Burnley haven't struggled either.. even Blackpool haven't struggled to find managers and they're arguably the smallest club in the division..

You forgot to mention the price might have been right for the managerial vacancy at Ipswich. Pay peanuts get monkeys at Derby. 

I'm fairly confident he would turn us down flat, unless he was presented with a different funding model to that which Nigel has to deal with.

I would say that reputation of the owners for parsimoniousness would make us appear very much a poisened chalice to all but the most desperate of managers.

Yes we're working under constraints but each summer NC is given a budget.. He has money to spend..

Blackpool managers are under far worse constraints than us.. Yet they've had 3 different managers this summer.. Blackburn owners are seen as dodgy as hell.. They've had 3 aswell..

Under the 3 amigos how many managers did we go through?

You're seriously mislead if you think managers out of work or from League 1 would turn down the Derby job because they're not given $5mill to spend every summer.

Jurgen Klopp recently said that he wouldn't turn down the Bayern job..

Lewendowksi is rumoured to be joining them in the summer..

Dortmund fans don't complain.. They still idolise both.. They're clearly more intelligent.

so people who wouldnt go to forest are thick?

Yes we're working under constraints but each summer NC is given a budget.. He has money to spend..

Blackpool managers are under far worse constraints than us.. Yet they've had 3 different managers this summer.. Blackburn owners are seen as dodgy as hell.. They've had 3 aswell..

Under the 3 amigos how many managers did we go through?

You're seriously mislead if you think managers out of work or from League 1 would turn down the Derby job because they're not given $5mill to spend every summer.

The difference is, we've spent the last three years telling everyone how little we're going to spend.

Both Blackburn and Blackpool have parachute payments and stronger (on paper) squads than we do. If I were a manager I'd look at both as far better prospects than us.

I'm not saying we couldn't get A manager, I'm just saying that I don't think we'd get anyone better than Nigel Clough (and I don't rate Nigel too highly at present) unless things change. If Nigel resigned tonight,  I'd expect us to appoint either Steve Kean, Andy Thorn or Gary Crosby on Monday.

so people who wouldnt go to forest are thick?

If it was the best job they could get and a massive improvement on their current job then yes..

Apparently NC is Derby through and through.. But at least he is intelligent enough to recognise that regardless of rivalries if the Forest job is the best he could and a massive improvement on his current job (I imagine when he was at Burton) then he would be extremely stupid to turn it down..

It's like any Derby fan now.. If they have an office job on $20k a year, yet they've been offered an office job at the City Ground for $20k more a year they'd be feckin idiotic to turn it down..

If it was the best job they could get and a massive improvement on their current job then yes..

Apparently NC is Derby through and through.. But at least he is intelligent enough to recognise that regardless of rivalries if the Forest job is the best he could and a massive improvement on his current job (I imagine when he was at Burton) then he would be extremely stupid to turn it down..

It's like any Derby fan now.. If they have an office job on $20k a year, yet they've been offered an office job at the City Ground for $20k more a year they'd be feckin idiotic to turn it down..

But they would be a feckin idiot to admit it, that's the difference between someone who supports them and someone who isn't.

I no Nigel fan, but never has he declared an interest in the forest job, that's just made up.

Give him to the end of the season. I expected 2 losses from Brum and Cardiff such is my low level of expectation, I suppose a point return is a triumph. Needless to say I'm not impressed at all at the moment.

Well it may well be the end of the season by the time a change is made but really this season has been make or break for Clough and unfortunately , whatever happens in the next 9 games its a break we need. However much I hoped dreamed etc he would succeed , he hasnt.

Archived