Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can say it all we want but he won't go anywhere, minus if we we're relegated. Rush wants to see how this summer goes and its going to be one vital summer for Clough and the club 

Why is it going to be vital?

They'll weather the storm, a few wont renew, most will, we'll swap a couple of average players for another couple of average players, we'll have a decent few games, injuries will kick in, have a load of bad games and carry on, and on, and on, and on.

Why is it going to be vital?

They'll weather the storm, a few wont renew, most will, we'll swap a couple of average players for another couple of average players, we'll have a decent few games, injuries will kick in, have a load of bad games and carry on, and on, and on, and on.

Depends on sales my friend 

The difference is, we've spent the last three years telling everyone how little we're going to spend.

Both Blackburn and Blackpool have parachute payments and stronger (on paper) squads than we do. If I were a manager I'd look at both as far better prospects than us.

I'm not saying we couldn't get A manager, I'm just saying that I don't think we'd get anyone better than Nigel Clough (and I don't rate Nigel too highly at present) unless things change. If Nigel resigned tonight,  I'd expect us to appoint either Steve Kean, Andy Thorn or Gary Crosby on Monday.

Are you serious? Blackpool a better prospect than us? Given they have no chance of promotion this season, and that they were relegated 2 years ago, so that the parachute payments are coming to an end, also the fact they're not spending any money and are likely to lose their better players i'd be amazed if they're still a top 2 tier club in 4 years time..

Blackburn are also a loose cannon.. They could implode at any moment, and once again given that promotion is almost impossible for them this season, who knows what'll happen in the summer..

I look around the NPC and I don't see many other clubs as far better prepositions than Derby.. I'm not saying we're the best either, more so that we're all about as attractive as eachother..

Looking for excuses to keep Clough like 'No-one better will come here' is just full on accepting mediocricy and it's frankly depressing that fans genuinely believe a 'hard working and hosest' side and management team is the best we can hope for..

One last point, slighlty off topic.. But what the feck or how the feck did the words 'honest and hardworking' become such likeable words in football today.. If a team isn't honest, what does that make them, liars? And hardworking? What is this, does this mean lot's of pressing and tracking back? Or just running around like headless chickens... Never in my life have I heard 2 adjectives regurgitated as much as 'honest and harworking' to describe a football team in a positive light.. It's like trying to polsih a piece of turd and claiming it's valuable.

The fact is, money is tight or next to non-existent and a squad overhaul would cost plenty. If we were to replace him, the best thing we could do is appoint a Head Coach rather than a Manager and go down that route. We claim to be a forward thinking club but I very much doubt they'd be willing to "chance" a continental approach.

If the teams below us win their games in hand (not inconceivable) we would be 18th. 18th would really not good enough at this time of the season. I have so many splinters from being on the fence but I am finally hopping off, Clough In (for now) Board out!!

On a side note, there are a lot of clubs with much better squads of players than we have who aren't in a too dissimilar position to ourselves which would suggest Clough isn't doing that bad a job. Perhaps if he had more money to give him the depth the squad needs we'd be sorted. Perhaps the problem is the board.

Blackpool have two more years of parachute payments, they benefited from the change of rules i think.

much better prospect than us

I strongly disagree..

Why else would Holloway jump ship to Palace.. If Palace were such a good proposition, why would Freeman jump ship to Bolton?

I can't ever want Derby to lose, but recently, wben a game is over, like today, I'm hoping for a couple more brum goals.

When the blackburn cup game got to 3 nil, and we were obviously out, I was hoping for 7 or 8.

A humiliation is the only was to get rid. If this continues, we will go down, and then we're seriously ******. He needs to go before that happens.

As a Derby fan for 25 years, it kills me that I am forced to feel like that.

slash your wrists parallel to the arm, not at right angles.

A right angle slash can be stanched and sewn up much more easily than a longitudinal slash. Another helpful hint.

I strongly disagree..

Why else would Holloway jump ship to Palace.. If Palace were such a good proposition, why would Freeman jump ship to Bolton?

Holloway moving to Palace, and the other guy moving, bears no relevance in the comparison between Blackpool and us. All it shows is Palace is a better proposition than Blackpool.

The board would never sack Clough..

Currently Derby are losing fans each season, ST sales are dropping and so are attendences..

But imagine sacking Clough, the next manager turns out to be a failure and we stay in the same position or even get worse.. They'll lose even more fans, more fans than what they are currently losing now.. They'd be destroyed.

It's too much of a risk for this non-footballing board to contemplate..

All they can do is cling onto the Clough name and hope for a miracle.

i believe that was trollop, much like everything else he said.

I thought you were suggesting Paul Trollope for manager for a sec

Holloway moving to Palace, and the other guy moving, bears no relevance in the comparison between Blackpool and us. All it shows is Palace is a better proposition than Blackpool.

No it would suggest this..

Bolton > Palace > Blackpool > Derby

I find this absolutely absurd.

Archived