Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice that only 45% on this forum support Clough.

Notice that only 42% on this forum oppose him.

That equates to 7% of the brain cells.

Can see the season ticket sales are being plugged again, up to 6 players could mean 1 player from a non-league side, will reserve judgement in the summer

So why not do it before the renewal deadline ends?

Cynic!

Aw,thanks needles.I said a long time ago that I didn't think they'd dare putting up prices again.I was wrong.I also said that I didn't think they could repeat the "Judge us by our actions" (or a variant of the same).I hope I'm not on for a double.I'm sure that SR said a while ago that we were aiming to keep our best players and introduce quality/experience.Now we have Nigel saying we might need to sell a couple and one poster apparently reported that SR said we didn't have much of a transfer kitty,at one of the "gatherings".Obviously this can't be substantiated.

Wouldn't surprise me if we had the traditional Barker type fee up our sleeve, but the "up to 6" bit will depend on off-loading Tyson, Robinson, etc to free up wages. I'd argue that the time is right if not to push the boat out, then at least to give it a gentle shove.

We'll see, but I hope SR sees it this way and has the owners convinced.

Wouldn't surprise me if we had the traditional Barker type fee up our sleeve, but the "up to 6" bit will depend on off-loading Tyson, Robinson, etc to free up wages. I'd argue that the time is right if not to push the boat out, then at least to give it a gentle shove.

We'll see, but I hope SR sees it this way and has the owners convinced.

I think the time is right to push the boat out and push well. There would be no point waiting another season and letting attendances drop further and fans lose interest.

Aw,thanks needles.I said a long time ago that I didn't think they'd dare putting up prices again.I was wrong.I also said that I didn't think they could repeat the "Judge us by our actions" (or a variant of the same).I hope I'm not on for a double.I'm sure that SR said a while ago that we were aiming to keep our best players and introduce quality/experience.Now we have Nigel saying we might need to sell a couple and one poster apparently reported that SR said we didn't have much of a transfer kitty,at one of the "gatherings".Obviously this can't be substantiated.

It depends on which ones are sold - Theo and Tyson maybe perm deals all but signed already. Are the one or two Clough talks about different to the names most fear selling?

It depends on which ones are sold - Theo and Tyson maybe perm deals all but signed already. Are the one or two Clough talks about different to the names most fear selling?

Dunno,but I'm not sure we'd get too much for those 2.Clough sounded a bit resigned to me when he mentioned it.

Dropping attendances are what finally saw Blackburn move Steve Kean along. Fans voted with their feet and the drop in revenue forced Venkys hand. Obviously the owners have gone on to make a right dogs dinner of their season.

If (and obviously thats a big 'if' right now) Clough were to be moved on partially as a result of stagnating attendances, I would hope the next appointment gets a similar amount of time to shape his team. I'm pro stability, but I'd like it to eventually lead to pushing on up the league - something Nigel's tenure of stability is sadly lacking right now.

I think it was the constant demonstrations that forced their hand.

Owners,sometimes unfortunately,even if the subject of demos themselves,tend not to sack themselves when there's another sacrificial lamb at hand.

Archived