Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So we need to be patient and let the gradual process take over until the purse strings are loosened?

Brayford Ward Fielding

There's a gradual bringing in of quality.

Kept us in the championship and still a chance of top ten finish

Just need the purse string loosening now.

No I said quality.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I said quality.

So you expect real quality for relative peanuts? If this is so easy,why haven't Cardiff,Leicester,Forest,Hull etc been going down this route?All we're asking for is the funds to buy just a couple of decent players,not the many allowed to clubs we're expected to compete with.

I'll tell you this,if Clough is just going to be allowed to fiddle around the fringes again,I'd rather see him leave now and let us see what the new 'Messiah' will do under the same circumstances.I don't see why Clough should suffer for another year.

Taking your first paragraph it would make life easier if you actually read what I had written before

commenting.I spelt it out #935 I am not repeating it.The managers of those clubs have earned the

right to have more money to spend.Do you think they walked into management and were given open

cheque books?1.2 million on Sammon?really!

Your 2nd paragraph sounds a bit emotional.Poor Nige bless him.He should go because he is not up

to it.We move on because we support the club not the manager

It never fails to amaze me when some of you (who I think are adults) get so uptight because of something that Nigel Clough is reported to have said to a local Newspaper reporter. Your delicate characters want reassuring by the manager only saying super positive things - it is quite pathetic really.

Maybe the players listen to his comments too and their import has an effect of how they behave on the pitch ever considered that

Taking your first paragraph it would make life easier if you actually read what I had written before

commenting.I spelt it out #935 I am not repeating it.The managers of those clubs have earned the

right to have more money to spend.Do you think they walked into management and were given open

Your 2nd paragraph sounds a bit emotional.Poor Nige bless him.He should go because he is not up

I read exactly what you'd put,thank you very much.I see you mentioned Sammon,but neglected to mention Barker,Brayford,Shackell/Keogh,Ward and others where the jury is still out (do you expect world beaters from the £300/400k class.Do you expect Theo to be a world beater for a pittance,Bavies for £150k).I find it odd that you make derogatory comments about the owners if you think they've backed Clough sufficiently

Unfortunately we're listing a handful of players over the course of 4.5 years. Considering Barker and Brayford were some of the first signings then its not looking that great. The problem is if its say a good signing a year then you'll lose some of the good players before the other ones are signed.

I mean lets be honest 4.5 year to unearth 4 or 5 good players. And those that are rated good or "jury out" will probably be deemed by many as poor as soon as they fall out of favour (Bailey, Cwyka, Theo, Moxey, etc). If Ward didn't get another game and was loaned out it would suddenly be "he never kicked on" or "he wasn't as good as people made out" etc.

They can't have money until they've proved they deserve it by buying players for peanuts and competing with teams that are spending big? Something unfair about that

Unfortunately we're listing a handful of players over the course of 4.5 years. Considering Barker and Brayford were some of the first signings then its not looking that great. The problem is if its say a good signing a year then you'll lose some of the good players before the other ones are signed.

I mean lets be honest 4.5 year to unearth 4 or 5 good players. And those that are rated good or "jury out" will probably be deemed by many as poor as soon as they fall out of favour (Bailey, Cwyka, Theo, Moxey, etc). If Ward didn't get another game and was loaned out it would suddenly be "he never kicked on" or "he wasn't as good as people made out" etc.

What do you expect,considering what he's had to spend.On the 4 occasions he's been allowed to spend around £1m,most would say he's got 3 right.Not bad.Then we go to delving into the bargain basement.He's expected to find players that can not only adjust to (and be good enough for) the NPC,but also be good enough to compete in the top 6.As I've said before,if it was that easy,why haven't others been going down that route?

I fully agree about losing players-this is the big problem with the approach being taken,it's continually a race against time.If we're working to a tight wage budget,then how are we going to be able to grant the pay rises that those who've proved to be good enough will inevitably demand?

Good luck to all of you who want a change of manager,a new guy to work against the odds.It's a sobering thought that in 11/12,when we were 15th out of 22 declared in the wages table,we were actually over budget on wages (someone reported,via a fans' forum,that the figure was £1m).Thus if things had gone to plan we'd have run on £12m,thus pushing us further down the wages table.No doubt that £1m has now been pulled back.Out of interest,in 11/12 the 4 top wage payers finished in the top 5 of the league table.

They can't have money until they've proved they deserve it by buying players for peanuts and competing with teams that are spending big? Something unfair about that

Life is unfair,surprised you haven't noticed.When you play against a richer club,you are expected to compete,

with a good manager you might do well enough.A decent board will recognise that and if they can will support

you.Unfortunately less richer clubs than us more often than not beat us.We come up against richer clubs and

more often than not,we fail.Check out our cup perfomances under Clough.He does not deserve lots of cash.

I read exactly what you'd put,thank you very much.I see you mentioned Sammon,but neglected to mention Barker,Brayford,Shackell/Keogh,Ward and others where the jury is still out (do you expect world beaters from the £300/400k class.Do you expect Theo to be a world beater for a pittance,Bavies for £150k).I find it odd that you make derogatory comments about the owners if you think they've backed Clough sufficiently

I will happily mention those players.Barker ,Brayford,Shackell ok for mid-table tier 2.Shackell moved on for no

obvious reason.Brayford could get better.How old is he?

I will happily mention those players.Barker ,Brayford,Shackell ok for mid-table tier 2.Shackell moved on for no

obvious reason.Brayford could get better.How old is he?

Well,you obviously disagree fundamentally with Mostyn because he believes the current squad is good enough for "play offs".Given that we've no money,and given your obvious disdain for the quality of our players,how do you expect a new man to turn things round and propel us into the top 6?

Life is unfair,surprised you haven't noticed.When you play against a richer club,you are expected to compete,

with a good manager you might do well enough.A decent board will recognise that and if they can will support

you.Unfortunately less richer clubs than us more often than not beat us.We come up against richer clubs and

more often than not,we fail.Check out our cup perfomances under Clough.He does not deserve lots of cash.

which of the poorer clubs have beaten us this year

Peterborough can't think of another

Incidently Ramblur why all this emotion regarding Clough,hes only a manager FFS.Did you get this

uptight with all the other managers we've had? Its the name again and who hes the son of.Do you

know if we needed another Clough I'd rather we had gone for Barbara his mum,probably got more

balls and would have been no worse.                        

which of the poorer clubs have beaten us this year

Peterborough can't think of another

He's probably referring to the cup- a competition in which many Prem/NPC sides regularly fail against lesser opposition.

Incidently Ramblur why all this emotion regarding Clough,hes only a manager FFS.Did you get this

uptight with all the other managers we've had? Its the name again and who hes the son of.Do you

know if we needed another Clough I'd rather we had gone for Barbara his mum,probably got more

balls and would have been no worse.                        

I might just think he's not doing a bad job in the circumstances,so don't attribute me with thoughts I don't possess.I happen to listen to things that have been said.I realised that if quality had to come from the Academy,then it would obviously take time.When this board talked about "sustainability" I knew exactly what it was going to mean.I don't think some of those who drooled over the prospect fully did.

I also know that plenty on Burton forums regularly wanted rid of him.Smart move that would have been.

We are not only one of the richest clubs in this division but richer than many in the Prem.In most cases

before they got promotion but still about on par or richer than some.

Sorry,I can't reply for laughing.

We are not only one of the richest clubs in this division but richer than many in the Prem.In most cases

before they got promotion but still about on par or richer than some.

Am not saying that you are incorrect in your statement, how are you measuring the clubs riches am curious to know

Archived