Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it was the constant demonstrations that forced their hand.

Owners,sometimes unfortunately,even if the subject of demos themselves,tend not to sack themselves when there's another sacrificial lamb at hand.

Dropping attendances are what finally saw Blackburn move Steve Kean along. Fans voted with their feet and the drop in revenue forced Venkys hand. Obviously the owners have gone on to make a right dogs dinner of their season.

If (and obviously thats a big 'if' right now) Clough were to be moved on partially as a result of stagnating attendances, I would hope the next appointment gets a similar amount of time to shape his team. I'm pro stability, but I'd like it to eventually lead to pushing on up the league - something Nigel's tenure of stability is sadly lacking right now.

Are we forgetting the tiny factor of relegation?

I'm guessing that had something to do with Keanes departure...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we forgetting the tiny factor of relegation?

I'm guessing that had something to do with Keanes departure...

Wasn't relegation well and truly on the cards well before the season end? You would have thought they'd have made the change (like Reading) a lot sooner.Just seemed to me they wanted to keep him (for whatever reason) as long as they could before fan pressure finally told.

Also,he didn't go till late September-if relegation in itself had been the issue,he'd surely have been sacked when relegated.

Wasn't relegation well and truly on the cards well before the season end? You would have thought they'd have made the change (like Reading) a lot sooner.Just seemed to me they wanted to keep him (for whatever reason) as long as they could before fan pressure finally told.

Also,he didn't go till late September-if relegation in itself had been the issue,he'd surely have been sacked when relegated.

Right, so he got sacked because of fan pressure...nothing to do with relegation, is that what you're saying?

Because all I'm saying is it's a contributing factor...and certainly a bigger one than attendances and protests!

Right, so he got sacked because of fan pressure...nothing to do with relegation, is that what you're saying?

Because all I'm saying is it's a contributing factor...and certainly a bigger one than attendances and protests!

I'm not saying relegation didn't play a part,but I don't see it as a bigger factor than the other 2.After all,he survived relegation and they had sufficient confidence in him to allow him to buy several players,including the hyper expensive Rhodes.You might suggest he was removed following a poor run of results,but in reality he won 4 of the first 6 league games and only lost in the 7th-Boro (home).By my reckoning that's an average of 2 points/game,automatic promotion form if continued.Significantly,the home reverse cranked up the demos and he was gone just before the next game.

He officially resigned,giving the reason as an untenable position.Now I know you could suggest that resignation is often a euphemism for the boot,but given the overall results the latter looks unlikely.It does however pose a lingering question-what came first,the chicken or the egg?

It does look like that sometimes and it's f*cking frustrating but what can we do? Luckily they've all realised that the younguns can't get us up on their own, no matter how good they are but at least they are here.

Full steam ahead next season and in Clough we should all trust.

Deep down, do you really truly believe that? Honestly?

Next season is critical but given adequate resources I think he could do it. The summer is his biggest yet, if he can get the players he wants and is backed by the board I think we stand a decent chance next season.

Blue square premier league aye

I'd like to tell you exactly what I thought about that post but you'd only report me again. That's what people who dish it out and can't take it do.

Archived