Current Form.

TroyDyer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To say we're in a relegation battle is a joke considering we are 12th and although not getting the results were playing quite well and have had a bad run of fixtures.

I agree with what you say about luck. Our team aren't unlucky they are somewhat toothless and not clinical enough meaning we often dominate games and don't win making it look like we were unlucky. It's about time we sorted it out!

Sorry Opta. I'll stop voicing thoughts on this forum. 

Arrogant idiot.

Read the other thread, unless something absolutely ridiculous happens, we're talking on the most extreme of extreme side of things here, then we're not going to even get close to the relegation battle. You can have thoughts, but this is baseless and ridiculous, and like anything baseless and ridiculous you can't expect people to not mention that.

So being 7 points off the drop zone, with Leicester, Brum away and Leeds among our next 5 games, only able to field 5 substitutes, with a shoestring side, dreadful form, unable to score, giving away stupid goals everyweek, is fine? 

Me voicing concerns is baseless?

Ok. Everything is fine. Clough is our leader. We're unlucky. The club is moving in the right direction. THAT is baseless and ridiculous. 

So being 7 points off the drop zone, with Leicester, Brum away and Leeds among our next 5 games, only able to field 5 substitutes, with a shoestring side, dreadful form, unable to score, giving away stupid goals everyweek, is fine? 

Ok. Everything is fine. Clough is our leader. We're unlucky. The club is moving in the right direction. THAT is baseless and ridiculous.

We're on 45 points, our worst form this season was 8 points in 10 games, and that was as of just after the last game against Cardiff and the most points that a team has been relegated with in at least 15 years is 52. Basically, we'd need our worst form this season, and potentially under Nigel to even get close to the relegation. We're 1 point away from the average for the last relegated side and there's nothing to say that we don't already have enough points to survive, especially considering that we have more points that the last team to be relegated in 4 of the last 15 seasons.

If you want more information read the thread titled 'We'll be fine', basically though, we're 12 and the idea of even being worried at this point is laughable in any context and there is nothing about our current position that should be worrying.

We won't go down.

However, we now need 20 points from the remaining 10 games for this season to be considered an improvement on last season.

So despite unearthing a diamond of a young ball player, the emergence of Hendrix and spending an undisclosed large amount of money on two players, we've still managed to go backwards.

Wimbeldon Im sure never thought they would go down from the PL when they couldnt win a match for love nor money.

I dont think we will go down, but I agree with you Curb, we will probably at best tread water again this season or go backwards, it may be considered a success by some, which is fair enough, but I shell out a few pennies to watch another season be over by January, and be unispired by another lack lustre season, whilst pretty sure the same will happen next year (IMO). 

I must also stand alone when I say I enjoyed both the football and atmosphere generated in our promotion season under BD, we scored 62 goals that season, and only conceded 46, took thousands away instead of hundreds, and had something to look forward to on a Saturday afternoon.

Good result yesterday though, and hats off to Sammon, lets hope it continues.

Firstly, well done to the players last night, some pride restored at least. Some good points on both sides in this thread but the problem remains the owners of the club. While they are here we are going nowhere.

Look at the crowd last night, Cardiff have had a relative fortune ploughed into them and this is a club that already owes Sam Hamman a shed load of money. They had a smaller gate than we did for Palace on friday night and that just leaves me incredibly frustrated.

Hopefully the numbers of ST renewals will drop off to the point that the speculators sod off to somewhere else and we can move on. For the cheerleaders for the Yanks think about this, since they took control of the rams both Watford and Palace have been on their arse, almost bust, without enough players to field a team.

Look where both those clubs are now

Only 5 substitutes? Blimey things must be really bad! How can we ever cope with only 5 substitutes? We normally bring at least 6 on per game don't we?

Anything could happen right now, literally anything. Based on current form we could end up getting relegated. However we could also get 6th place without winning every game. Seriously though I think we will end up finishing 19th. 

...and breathe...

We'll be fine, we've got a cracking young squad developing, playing some neat stuff. We'll add this summer and we'll be top 6 by Christmas. :)

Chill out and get renewed you miserable boggers.  ;)

My point is we couldn't name a full squad. But I've learnt that any realism on this forum is lost on most. 

Clough will take us to the PL and out shine his father. Mark my words! 

That's better. 

Childish managerial tactics deployed as a '' Hey look fans and board I don't have enough players so if we do badly it isn't my fault.'' 

A week or two ago, some one posted a thread about looking over our shoulders. Now they were shot down massively, and I must admit, even I didn't consider it a possibility either.

Now with our current form, I think a relegation battle is a very real situation. When we were 7 points off 6th place we were all, myself included, looking up at the playoff places thinking a couple of wins and we'd be really in the mix.

Now, we're 7 points off the drop, with a form guide that puts us in the final relegation place.

It's all well and good saying we played well, and we were unlucky, and I'd be more inclinded to believe that, had it not happened every year that Clough has been in charge. Can a club all of a sudden become 'unlucky' for FOUR years on the trott?

With our current form, we won't be getting wins out of Leicester, Birmingham, or Leeds, and therefore, unbelievably, Bristol City is a MUST WIN. If we don't, we're in big trouble.

Will the 'Clough is doing a great job' brigade still be singing his praises if we finish in 20th?

I said a few weeks ago, to very intelligent 'Go support Forest then' responses that we would fall apart and the Fat Jock would take Forest into the Playoffs. That's not because I'm mystic meg, but because we ALWAYS fall away every year, and Billy is an organised manager.

Could you imagine conceding all these goals from corners if Billy was in charge? No.

A decent manager can make the World of difference. Unfortunately, we don't have one.

5 subs fielded with players out on loan is poor.

I'll put my tin hat on now.

which form guide you using?

according to this http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/oform.html

we are 19th on form over the last 8 games and as such if current form continues we will not go down because there aren't enough teams doing better than us for 9 teams to overtake us. That's without taking into account that during the last 8 games we have played all of the top 4 teams thee of them away from home too. Our run in now is against teams around or below us (with the exception of Leicester) so form can switch round again

Archived