Ashamed of our fans tonight

rad1919

Did Nigel say owt about our 'support'? Or anybody else interviewed?

I wouldn't be arsed to play in front of that again. If your supporters can't recognise your effort then why bother? I'd be hoping my manager doesn't pick me for a bit.

..... Well, I am hoping Sammon doesn't get picked again. But it's not down to a lack of effort or a poor attitude.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes should be but it is fairly common for footballers to be not calm whilst under pressure so Ward is hardly unique if he did lose his calm. You can imagine all you like don't make it a fact.

I've had a few jaffas now and calmed down a bit (that ssn article pissed me right off). You can see why I'm annoyed with him if he kept his game simple for that moment he could've protected his hamstring and stay on the pitch and hopefully grab a goal. And he would've had the pen!!! Now he's gonna be out for a while and we don't have a regular goalscorer.

And his songs awful. That's nothing against him I just don't like it.

He picked up the ball on the hope he would get cheered, he ended up taking a sh@t peno, if people booed him, which I did not hear, then tough, comes with the job. He is big enough, ugly enough, and well paid enough to ignore a few boo boys, problem is that it won't make his control or positional play any better regardless of the cheers or boos, that's down to him.

He'll get another chance, lets hope he takes it.

I don't recognise my club anymore. Not the players, ground or board. I mean the pathetic specimens who don't back the players, boo and jeer, seem to delight in losing so they can moan, leaving early no singing and I agree im not sure if I want to sit amongst these ***** any longer.

I didn't boo, but was extremely disappointed Sammon was allowed to take the penalty. If he scored I still would have had questions about our choice in penalty taker. He had failed to find the net all game, scuffed more than one chance therefor no matter how good a penalty taker he might be he should have not taken it. Running to grab the ball when we were awarded the penalty shows how self absorbed he must be. If your team mates believe you should be the one taking the penalty then you would have it handed to you. It was like watching a group of kids...whoever grabs the ball first and can hold onto it gets to take it. 

I don't think many (if any) on here were booing. I didn't here any booing just groaning and people going oh no. I'm always supporting everyone whether I like them or not until the final whistle like I'm sure everyone else does. I never leave early. I'm aware some do due to travel problems. But today there was a lot more than usual and that was disheartening to see, your fellow derby fans flooding out the ground. It must've been even worse for the players.

Missed the game tonight cos of being at work but feel angry at what's being said about fans booing about a missed penalty. Will speak to a few people who were there before deciding but i feel if that is the case then people should really stay away and come back when we are in the Prem.

It seems to me that just at the very point of our development where the players could do with decent backing some fans decide not to give them that chance.

Oh well, its happened before and no doubt will happen again, but fook me its hard to take that a few glory hunting Premiership wannabees decide that our young lads are not worth supporting during the game.

Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal will always be there for you lads.

I really hate booing.

To me its cowardly and pathetic. If we had a team of superstars on 20k a week i could sort of understand it but we ain't.

We have got a young team whose collective wages are probably in the bottom 6 of the Championship. They are consistently out playing teams in the top 6 but are just falling short of that bit of quality that turns performances into wins.

Yet we boo and moan like little girls. If you are seriously unhappy then campaign for new owners, new investment, new manager etc.......but while your at the match get behind them or stay away until we are successfull again. It really is that simple.

A team that puts little effort in deserves to be booed. A team who works it's absolute hardest doesn't.

And we've had teams of big time Charlie's when effort was questionable, now I believe that our players do give their all, don't boo our derby

He was alright

Neither twas a fluke

Most of the ground

Nothing wrong with the tactics

It wasn't 'most of the ground' dude. Lets face it, maybe a few hundred vocal fans. Yeah, it may seem like a lot more when sitting there but to say most of the ground is just silly.

I really hate booing.

To me its cowardly and pathetic. If we had a team of superstars on 20k a week i could sort of understand it but we ain't.

We have got a young team whose collective wages are probably in the bottom 6 of the Championship. They are consistently out playing teams in the top 6 but are just falling short of that bit of quality that turns performances into wins.

Yet we boo and moan like little girls. If you are seriously unhappy then campaign for new owners, new investment, new manager etc.......but while your at the match get behind them or stay away until we are successfull again. It really is that simple.

Yeah that,,, I love this club...I love the city....Im supposed to love the people but many of are fans act like glory supporters minus the glory.. When we bought on Mason Bennet that sums up were we are, Young and developing the fruits of Niges work are on display this board focused on are youth this board focused on developing within are means, If things went abit diffrent we would proberly be in league 1 at the min give it time let it grow let it flourish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And if you cant wait go support the red dogs thats it really rant over. :D

I thought Jacobs looked lively and was always looking to take on their fullback, he had a good second half

Can't disagree more. He was extremely lazy and failed to complete half of his passes. He waited for somebody else to get the ball for him and attempted to then take a play on. It worked twice. He never pressed and made very poor decisions.

That's it, call our current most potent striker a tosser aswell. Our fans baffle me, they really do.

He is a tosser though. You'll realise when he leaves. Every club he's been to now hate him, so what does that tell you?

Don't get me wrong, I love him! But take the Bolton game into account. He spent the entire game fouling their players. That to me is someone who is a tosser.

To be honest I can understand the booing because recent results haven't been good enough and the frustration is starting to show.

That doesn't make booing right though - if you're really unhappy and want change then the best way to show that is to vote with your feet.

Archived