The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

I don't rate O'Brien at all... unless he has learnt how to pass the ball while injured

Extremely disappointing hearing that we are not after a CB, especially after Bray was sold.

Got to hope he's just saying that so we don't seem desperate or is confident that Barker will return close to where he was before he got injured

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think we're in a position where we could do that though - we need him here, unless 2 more centre backs come in during the window. 

ohh I know, but that's what he needs.

no good playing the odd game, getting injured, then playing the odd game again, he's probably missed more games than he's actually played.

I like O'Brien, he isn't as good as our current 2 though.

If we could bring someone in of similar ability to what Barks had, and same personality - I would be over the moon!

Surprised by this as I normally like your analysis of players.

O'Brien is what Buxton was 3 seasons ago in my opinion.

Not afraid to win the ball but when he has it can't wait to get rid of it and does not really care where it goes.

Let's wait and see what happens today. The result may or not force Clough's hand . After yesterday it looks as if one or two clubs need reinforcements so it might be possible to move a few players and free up some of the wage budget-notwithstanding the revenue from the sale of one our better players.

Surprised by this as I normally like your analysis of players.

O'Brien is what Buxton was 3 seasons ago in my opinion.

Not afraid to win the ball but when he has it can't wait to get rid of it and does not really care where it goes.

I do tend to agree, but O'Brien is a good defender for me- and that quality is a rarity, especially in a young player. His football is hit and miss, and he'll hopefully work on that or be stuck at this level for his entire career. 

We need a new centre back in as soon as possible for me, and another right midfielder - these are necessities for our improvement.

If we don't make these, and we don't move forward - sounds like both Clough and Rush will be in the firing line, with crowds looking like they're going to be our worst in our history (at pride park) obviously things aren't right. I don't think much needs to be done, but, these 2 area's are obvious to me - I could continue, and say another left back and another new centre back. 

I've always said we still need a CB and RW however after watching yesterday I think RW has got to be the priority. 

I think were going to have to wait untill next season when Tyson leaves on a free though :(

Archived