The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Barnett isn't right why is Buxton? A backgound of Mansfield Town and Burton Albion is hardly earth shattering!

Because I have watched Buxton actually play consistently for the past five seasons and over the last couple of seasons he has proved to be a good Championship defender. I have watched Barnett, he is as clumsy as big Claude!

Never thought too high of Barnett as far as a player, but he did the job for us in the Championship and survived a few games in the BPL. I do like the guy and seeing that picture of him being raised by Cardiff fans made me happy. Maybe he'll go to AFC Bournemouth and play along side Ward again. Best of luck no matter what.

I found he put me on edge a bit with his style of defending !

Prone to errors but always gave of his best from what I can see. Hope he does well else where but not as well as his replacements do for us.

going up for headers from our corners was not his strong point !

Doncaster rumoured to have offered £750,000 for him

I would take it !

Bloody quick!

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13802

But at THE TIME no-one noticed they were decent players - Grant Holt was one of the worst players I had seen in professional football when I watched him for Forest, but at Norwich he became a decent premier league striker!

Clearly they had a good manager that could see that or could make him into it?

Cardiff had him for 8 games, Norwich fans have seen him play 50 and are not so positive

Whilst at loan at Norwich when they achieved promotion he was brilliant, that's why they forked out a healthy sum for him. He's obviously not a premiership class but 3 promotions in his career obviously prove he's a top championship defender

So Barnett seems to be causing debate.

Well looks like he's off to Wigan so time will tell who was right and who was wrong.

If he gets in or doesn't and Wigan finish higher or lower than us then there is the answer.

My money's on us as we already have top 6 centre halfs and we don't need to strengthen do we...

So Barnett seems to be causing debate.

Well looks like he's off to Wigan so time will tell who was right and who was wrong.

If he gets in or doesn't and Wigan finish higher or lower than us then there is the answer.

My money's on us as we already have top 6 centre halfs and we don't need to strengthen do we...

I think if Wigan finish higher than us, it won't just be down to Leon Barnett...

Archived