The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

Wouldn't mind us signing billy kee. Would also like boldly sharp.

Don't know many LBs are available. Charlie Daniels did well for me on FM (he's from ballmouth)

Jon Taylor from shrewsbury or David warrel from bury wouldn't mind them.

Can't think of any CBs

Also max Clayton from crewe would be a good young signing.

Why do people keep saying Billy Kee?

I have seen him play numerous times and he is not, and never will be championship standard. hes a very good league 2 player possibly a decent league 1 striker but thats it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen him play numerous times and he is not, and never will be championship standard. hes a very good league 2 player possibly a decent league 1 striker but thats it.

What like Ricky Lambert was?

Your opinions WRONG!

First team

Martin Waghorn-Small fee(Out of contract)-St

Will grigg-Small fee(Out of contract)-St

Jon Taylor-Small fee(Out of contract)-RM

Aidy White-LB

Shaun Hutchison or Eric Dier-Both CB and Out of contract

U21s

Wouldn't mind a couple of young foreign players like Valetine on trial.

Marc Mcnulty

Christopher Forrester-(Very same style as bale) Tall,quick,skilful and can finish.Been called up to Ireland u21s recently

I just hope a lot of the u18s are given a chance(Offered a deal) even if its just 1 year. Especially the starting back 4.

Also not sure if anyone agrees but especially now burton are a team challenging and on the up we should be using them as a team to send our youngsters there to gain match experience and because they are right next to us can still get regular guidance from derby.

What do you mean "here we go again"? I'm not trying to say Robinson is miles better or a world beater, just that a player who scores about 5/6 more goals a season isn't worth £2.85m more.

First of all, I highly doubt Sharp would demand a fee of £3m. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure someone on here said he's in the second to last year of his contract (might be wrong about this) so I'd say £1-1.5m is more accurate.

Secondly, I'm sick of Derby fans thinking Theo is the second coming of Jesus just because he's been loaned out. These were the same people having a go at him after missing several sitters and are only now supporting him because we're going through a rough patch or because they just want to go against Clough.

I don't get why you'd bring up Robinson when we're talking about Sharp unless you thought he was a better player?

I have seen him play numerous times and he is not, and never will be championship standard. hes a very good league 2 player possibly a decent league 1 striker but thats it.

For me it's just fifa and FM connections.

For me it's just fifa and FM connections.

Billy Kee is still banging in goals for me on 13. Currently in the championship after back to back promotions.

Oh and Jacques Maghoma isn't half bad either.

I don't want to tempt fate.. but Derby got relegated straight away and it took them 2 years to get back again, despite Will Hughes, Conor Sammon and Callum Ball all finding form. Mason Bennett went straight to Liverpool, Brayford went to Villa and Keogh to Bristol City as a centre mid. I raided Gjokaj from them and he turns out to be a tidy investment, already blooming at the age of 22.

there could be talk about the need to bring in a few older heads.....

And it'll be interesting to see if we area linked with any of the following:

Michael Owen

Simon Davies

Andy Marshall

Andy Reid

Steven Caldwell

Danny Murphy

Luke Steele

Andrew Davies

Emile Heskey

They have two things in common.

1. Out of contract

2. All signed with WMG agency.

there could be talk about the need to bring in a few older heads.....

And it'll be interesting to see if we area linked with any of the following:

Michael Owen

Simon Davies

Andy Marshall

Andy Reid

Steven Caldwell

Danny Murphy

Luke Steele

Andrew Davies

Emile Heskey

They have two things in common.

1. Out of contract

2. All signed with WMG agency.

The word around town is that Heskey wants to stay in Australia.

Speaking of Australia though, players who I'd actually really like us to have a look at:

Melbourne Victory:

Marco Rojas - Winger - 21 years old - Arguably the best player in the A-league right now, knows where the net is, an excitement machine, can disappear when things aren't going well though, coming to the end of his contract too

Brisbane Roar:

Ivan Franjic - Right back - 25 years old - Can play at rightback, the right of midfield and even as a right winger without looking out of place. If Brayford was to go, and we replaced him with Franjic I'd have no issues with it whatsoever, good player

James Donachie - Centre half - 19 years old - First season in the first team, but is one of the calmest centrehalves I've seen in a long time. Very comfortable on the ball, good size at 6'2", a real ball playing centrehalf in the making from what I've seen of him

Luke Brattan - Centremid - 22 years old - Has had trouble breaking into the Brisbane side, and moreof one to keep an eye on than sign really. Fantastic passer of the ball, only now starting to get a bit of steel to his game. Reminds me of James Bailey, but I really have a soft spot for Bailey

Central Coast Mariners:

Mat Ryan - Keeper - 20 years old - Very good young keeper, we've been linked with him in the past. He's at times kept the Mariners in games single handedly, and is a true big match player if I ever saw one, at only just 19 he won man of the match in an Australian Grand Final, picture a Cup Final to be crowned Champions of the nation

Mitch Duke - Striker - 22 years old - Seems nippy, strong and can score from the bench, one to look out for, but I'd not see him as a "great target" kind of player, like Brattan, more one to watch

Zach Anderson - Centrehalf - 21 years old - Another to lookout for, stepped up this year, haven't seen much of him, but he seems quite mature and solid, still rate Donachie a lot more though

Western Sydney Wanderers:

Aaron Mooy - centremid - 22 years old - Very good player, has vision and a touch of class from midfield. A better version of James Bailey from what I've seen of him, and boy can he take a set piece. Been a key part of the Wanderers side that's stunned Australia by leading the ladder with 4 games remaining in their first season, has experience in Scotland and put bluntly, the best on the list signing wise, I'd rate him above Rojas

Newcastle Jets:

Ruben Zadkovich - centremid - 26 years old - Full of running, leadingshi... hahahahahahahahahahaha! Sorry, couldn't help myself

Emile Heskey - hahaha, sorry, getting old before it started

Wellington Phoenix - attacking midfielder, winger - 19 years old - I don't quite know what it is about him, but I like the look of this lad whenever I see him play. He doesn't seem that quick, he doesn't have that world class technique, but he can make things happen, and he's willing to put himself about. Oh boy would we boo him until he wins us a game and gets himself a game or two off scapegoat duty

That's about it really for the A-league. If we were desperate for a top class shot stopper, a keeper who could command his area, then Galekovic from Adelaide United would be an option, but I'd prefer Ryan if we ever scouted Australia. So yeah, I quite like a few players here in Australia, my word some player can make a career for being average here though.

Ruben zadkovich !

Behave.

Honestly terrible player, sums up the A-league perfectly. Although, he's completely out of the picture for Australia (he's one of those that seems to be hidden under the frame).

At the time he was signed and our first season down though, after seeing the season we saw in 2007-08, honestly, he was the kind of player I hoped to see, and I defended his signing. No real reason beyond the fact that he put his heart on his sleeve. Probably why I like players like Buxton and Sammon. That said, I'm huge fan of Bailey, so figure that one out...

Archived