Can someone explain...

TroyDyer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same reason that he put Green at RB, Brayford at CB, Bryson at LW, Hughes at LW, Leacock at RB, Cywka at LW, Couuts at RW, Hulse at CB etc..

He wants to play his best starting 11.. He then gives them a position each..

Instead of having your best formation and then picking players in the correct position, NC simply picks what he feels are the best 11 players available to him.. It's such backwards thinking but he's as stubborn as a mule so we can only get use to it.

Or finally get rid of the bloke...

I've wanted him gone for a long time.. But reality is, with our board, what footballing knowledge do they have and who could advise them on who to replace him?

They'd probably do what all the other 'non-footballing owners' do and simply look back at which manager has won promotion to the PL and go from there..

Their shortlist would probably be McLeish, Keane, Coyle, Phil Brown and Gary Megson..

Why replace an average negative manager with another.. Unless we were going in for someone who guarantees good football over anything else then is it really worth it? I'd love Di Canio here, or if we're going all sentimental Eranio is a highly repsected coach with foreign contacts and a DCFC connection.

We have a small squad because money is tight. Should Gjokaj have played instead of Davies though? Perhaps. But Brayford is the second best CB in the squad and many believe that CB is more important than RB. Yes we lose probably 50% of our attacking ability with Brayford out of position, but we're not going to win anything this season either way, and I expect that's Cloughs thinking. Strengthen the squad and develop the young lads. Hopefully get a bit of money come the end of the season and improve.

That is what I believe is happening, and the last 5 results have shown that.

I was out and keeping up online today.

I find it strange that Clough plays players out of position so often. Surprised he didn't try and get Paul Green back on loan as RB cover...

Surely after four years at the helm, you've become used to old Nigel playing players out of the natural position?

If Phil Brown or Paul Jewell had put the arguably the best right back in the league at centre half against a pace ridden forward like Vydra, they'd be slaughted to the absolute testicles on this forum. But because its Sir Nigel, it's fine and dandy.

I thought Ben Davies did well at full back the other night, I dont know how he did today. The problem for me is how many set pieces we concede from, its school boy stuff. Keogh is a good centre half but he is terrible at marking on set pieces and sadly its a big part of the game, especially in the championship

Surely after four years at the helm, you've become used to old Nigel playing players out of the natural position?

If Phil Brown or Paul Jewell had put the arguably the best right back in the league at centre half against a pace ridden forward like Vydra, they'd be slaughted to the absolute testicles on this forum. But because its Sir Nigel, it's fine and dandy.

Well said that man.

Why today, Clough went with an attacking midfielder at right back, one of the championships best right backs, at centre back, and two centre backs on the bench?

I'm rather confused.

Seems Sammon had another cracking game too. Worth every penny that lad.

We already have one young lad playing his first few professional games for us, we don't want a backline that has two players with under 3 football league appearances between them.

Buxton was apparently not fit enough to start.

We already have one young lad playing his first few professional games for us, we don't want a backline that has two players with under 3 football league appearances between them.

Buxton was apparently not fit enough to start.

Maybe we should get some experience in instead.

Didnt Clough say he was happy with his squad a few weeks ago?

Maybe we should get some experience in instead.

Didnt Clough say he was happy with his squad a few weeks ago?

We have had loan moves knocked back for a leftback. If we had a more experienced leftback, then Gjokaj at centrehalf would be a good option. As it stands though, two very inexperienced players in the back four isn't what the side, or the two young'uns needs right now.

We've been saying we need left back cover for a couple of years though, eventually Roberts was going to get injured.

We've been after a leftback for years as well.

We were turned down by that lad Kelvin Mellor during summer if I recall. We also supposedly were turned down by White, who we were apparently trying to sign on loan recently.

We also signed O'Connor, who could play at leftback, as well as young Hoganson, who is playing there now. It's not as though the club has just been sitting on their hands in this area, we just seem to be finding it hard to find a right option at leftback.

Archived