Can someone explain...

TroyDyer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not a suitable time to give a young player a go in such a game. Away from home, with a young player along side him? Experience is one thing, but destroying the lads confidence is another. I think he deserves a go, but today was not the day.

Maybe not, but why take the poor sod along if you have no intention of giving him a go? Yeap, I am putting how I would feel in this, but I don't think it helps confidence knowing that your manager would rather shift two players from their natural positions then give you a go. Especially when you consider the expectations placed on Will Hughes' shoulders during this season....he sure as heck was not experienced.

You're right, we can't bring anyone in from outside of England actually, as the emergency loan window doesn't work that way I'm pretty sure, or are you referring to free transfers? Know any good foreign free transfers, or has your previous failure to derail the discussion led you to the ol' "Clough only likes British players" comments to get yourself back to your wummy ways?

I'm trying to derail the discussion? Why would I say Clough only likes British players? He brought in Bueno and Cywka and made it perfectly clear that money was the reason we don't go overseas for players? And why am I now a WUM? You're the one that won't leave me alone?

Maybe not, but why take the poor sod along if you have no intention of giving him a go? Yeap, I am putting how I would feel in this, but I don't think it helps confidence knowing that your manager would rather shift two players from their natural positions then give you a go. Especially when you consider the expectations placed on Will Hughes' shoulders during this season....he sure as heck was not experienced.

If not for Hoganson being at leftback, then Gjokaj would have been a decent shout. In the case of Hughes, at no point did we have two players with near no first team experience next to eachother.

Do you really think it would have been a better experience for Gjokaj to have been left out of the squad? What? I don't get the comment about bringing him along. He's brought along as he's part of the squad, and he's been on the bench throughout the season.

Left story short, away from home to one of the best attacks in the league with another young'un with a mere 3 first team games under his belt along side him is not the time to give young Gjokaj is starting debut. Context is important, and destroying his confidence needlessly is certainly not the way to go.

I'm trying to derail the discussion? Why would I say Clough only likes British players? He brought in Bueno and Cywka and made it perfectly clear that money was the reason we don't go overseas for players? And why am I now a WUM? You're the one that won't leave me alone?

I'm sorry, I must have been mistaken. I thought you meant:

I think people need to be reminded. If Clough says we can't bring anybody in, it means we can't bring anybody from Britain in.

To mean that Clough is only interested in British players. I guess you meant the same as me in that Clough can't sign anyone who is based outside of England. Strangely enough though, it's not British players, it's only English club's players that he can sign at this time.

If not for Hoganson being at leftback, then Gjokaj would have been a decent shout. In the case of Hughes, at no point did we have two players with near no first team experience next to eachother.

Do you really think it would have been a better experience for Gjokaj to have been left out of the squad? What? I don't get the comment about bringing him along. He's brought along as he's part of the squad, and he's been on the bench throughout the season.

Left story short, away from home to one of the best attacks in the league with another young'un with a mere 3 first team games under his belt along side him is not the time to give young Gjokaj is starting debut. Context is important, and destroying his confidence needlessly is certainly not the way to go.

Fair do's. Although none of this explains Doyle!! Anyway, my view is that you should have your best players in their best positions.

I'm sorry, I must have been mistaken. I thought you meant:

To mean that Clough is only interested in British players. I guess you meant the same as me in that Clough can't sign anyone who is based outside of England. Strangely enough though, it's not British players, it's only English club's players that he can sign at this time.

Ah, So I made a spelling mistake then is that? My apologies. I understand why I am everything you think of me.

And we'll leave it at that.

Fair do's. Although none of this explains Doyle!! Anyway, my view is that you should have your best players in their best positions.

You should, but when Barker, Buxton, O'Connor, O'Brien and Roberts are all unavailable, you need to make do. It's better not to throw a lad right in the deep end under pressure as well if you can avoid it, and one thing you can't criticise Clough for is how he's brought the young lads into the team. It's a gradual process and it's as much about experience as it is about performance at this stage for some of them (in this case Gjokaj and Bennett).

I think people need to be reminded. If Clough says we can't bring anybody in, it means we can't bring anybody from Britain in.

???

I am very confused by this post. I have no idea what you are saying or referring to...

My original post didn't make sense. I don't know if you noticed, but either way anything you said in response wouldn't have made sense either.

Suppose I'm doing it to derail the discussion and be a wum with the opinion that Clough only like's British players...oh me.

No it wasn't that, I think I said 'can' instead of 'can't' or something like that. Either way I wish I hadn't said anything, Albert is up for a fight that I'm just not interested in.

What?! I'm not up for a fight at all. I was discussing selections with people and you flying in with:

Everyone?

But no I didn't, but I also didn't call it a partnership, haha. Oh silly you.

Seemingly looking for a semantic argument.

Then you come out with:

But anyway, wtf? You're talking about English now? Bl00dy hell man you really will do anything to win an argument won't you? Why can't we stick to the topic?

...and I'm still not sure why...

Also, I still don't get what you think was a spelling error. You said:

I don't see how replacing 'can't' with 'can' even makes sense. Were you say that Clough saying we can't bring anybody in means that we can bring anybody from Britain in? What? My comment was about you seemingly rolling out the ol' "Clough only signs British players" line, and I thought you were trying to start a fight using it, hence referring to you as a WUM. So yeah... you have confused me greatly...

My original post didn't make sense. I don't know if you noticed, but either way anything you said in response wouldn't have made sense either.

Suppose I'm doing it to derail the discussion and be a wum with the opinion that Clough only like's British players...oh me.

No, it makes sense:

If 'Clough says we can't bring anybody in'

That means 'we can't bring anybody from Britain in'

That is, that you said was that it's not a matter of bringing any player in, it's a matter of bringing a British player in. It makes sense. If fact, changing either can't to a can doesn't make any sense as the phrase "can bring anybody in" doesn't make sense in this context.

What?! I'm not up for a fight at all. I was discussing selections with people and you flying in with:

I don't see how replacing 'can't' with 'can' even makes sense. Were you say that Clough saying we can't bring anybody in means that we can bring anybody from Britain in? What? My comment was about you seemingly rolling out the ol' "Clough only signs British players" line, and I thought you were trying to start a fight using it, hence referring to you as a WUM. So yeah... you have confused me greatly...

I'm an idiot, does that clear things up?

No, it makes sense:

If 'Clough says we can't bring anybody in'

That means 'we can't bring anybody from Britain in'

That is, that you said was that it's not a matter of bringing any player in, it's a matter of bringing a British player in. It makes sense. If fact, changing either can't to a can doesn't make any sense as the phrase "can bring anybody in" doesn't make sense in this context.

What I said doesn't make sense at all. I said we can't bring in British players.

Archived