Strikers signed that were an instant success?

rad1919

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kevin harper

Wow. He had an interesting debut but he didn't make an instant impact, as such.

I can't remember who we were playing, but he came on as a sub when in the lead and it took an age for anybody to pass the ball to him. The crowd were screaming at the others to pass it towards him as he bombed it up the wing, time and time again they failed, usually losing possession. When he finally got the ball, there was a loud cheer and he threatened to put a good ball in. Don't think he did.

Scored a great goal at Anfield though.

Wow. He had an interesting debut but he didn't make an instant impact, as such.

I can't remember who we were playing, but he came on as a sub when in the lead and it took an age for anybody to pass the ball to him. The crowd were screaming at the others to pass it towards him as he bombed it up the wing, time and time again they failed, usually losing possession. When he finally got the ball, there was a loud cheer and he threatened to put a good ball in. Don't think he did.

Scored a great goal at Anfield though.

he hit the bar didnt he?

At PP? Not sure mate, memory is hazy. Only remember it taking an age to pass to him. I don't think so though.

im hazy too... it was a good 10 year or so ago now though.... i think i remember the same thing.... "'kin pass it to 'arper!" then he put his first cross shot in, and it rattled the bar... but now im doubting myself.... might have him mixed up with that dutch trialist Wooter. dont think so though.... Kevin Harper....little guy... no neck... looked like he should play rugby league.

Archived