Strikers signed that were an instant success?

rad1919

We never seem to sign strikers that prove to be an instant success. By that I mean scoring a couple on their debut and going on a goal scoring run early in their career.

Dean Saunders is the only one that stands out for me in recent history and to a lesser extent Paulo Wanchope.

Could Chris Martin surprise us all and hit the ground running, or we he be another in a long list of non scoring goal scorers?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We never seem to sign strikers that prove to be an instant success. By that I mean scoring a couple on their debut and going on a goal scoring run early in their career.

Dean Saunders is the only one that stands out for me in recent history and to a lesser extent Paulo Wanchope.

Could Chris Martin surprise us all and hit the ground running, or we he be another in a long list of non scoring goal scorers?

Branko Strupar had a great start also.

I would like to put forward one striker that arguably had a big impact without scoring goals.

Kuqi

Commons Buneo Cywka

Kuqi allowed these three to flourish, he didnt score many himself but made the team improve having an instant succes?

is my point valid or does a striker have to score goals straight away to be classed as making an immediate impact?

He took a while to get going if i recall

but it took him 6 games to get a goal and there were some idiots saying he was ****...

Oh right!

Having been criticised for lack of patience about Clough in four years, I'm surprised that you don't regard the someone scoring nearly 20 in a season as a instant success. That's better than Drogba at Chelsea and he's regarded as one of the best ever!

I would like to put forward one striker that arguably had a big impact without scoring goals.

Kuqi

Commons Buneo Cywka

Kuqi allowed these three to flourish, he didnt score many himself but made the team improve having an instant succes?

is my point valid or does a striker have to score goals straight away to be classed as making an immediate impact?

No he must be 20 goals a season to qualify or he joins the sammon thread.

Archived