great courage shown by mighty rams

B4ev6is

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are what we are; an average mid table team that can beat the best sometimes as we'll as stumble against poorer teams. We are only still within touching distance of the top 6 because this is such a poor league, particularly this season. I see no reason for optimism about next season, especially as we are likely to sell either Hughes or Brayford, probably our best two players, this summer. I have no faith in either the board providing adequate funding in the summer to improve the squad or Nigel signing the right players to make a difference so I honestly think it will be more of the same again next season. We are nowhere near good enough to be challenging for the top 6.

Come on fellas. I know it is over but we have 14 games remaining. when we knew we were going down in the Premiership we just had a party in the stands and had a laugh.

It's not as dismal as the Premiership season. I hate the fact we keep drawing when we should be winning just like the rest of you. lets keep it going until the end of the season. One last push and we will see what happens with signings in the summer.. If the board don't invest then fine, look at it then and make your decision. I am not Pro Clough or Pro GSE I am just Pro Derby.

Do we really want to be like the rest of these joke teams?

All I ever hear from people in London is Derby!! why Derby? "To be fair you have a brilliant fans"..

I love hearing that and I really don't want to hear "your just another team in NPC".

COYR!!!!!!!!!!

What a supporter you are.

I am so proud of you.

You would have been the type of fan that would have gone to Milton Keynes to watch Wimbledon, or ate **** from the Glazers or Arsenals board paying extortionate ticket prices. It's that attitude of supporting a club no matter what is why football fans get shafted in the modern game. I appreciate the fan who goes and watches FC United every week rather than sitting there in his green and yellow scarf having his pants pulled going against what football is all about.

Not saying this is the case with us or even remotely similar, but there does come a point where sometimes you have to say enough is enough for the good of the club, cos you love the club enough to want them to achieve and succeed.

Im not in the same boat of the people considering giving up there season ticket, as i dont have one, but football is about excitement and hope. Im not surprised that people are losing faith when for years now it's predictable where we will finish at the start of every season, where's the fun and enjoyment in that?

It doesnt make you some super fan to blindly support the club no matter what and to never criticise what's going on.

We are what we are; an average mid table team that can beat the best sometimes as we'll as stumble against poorer teams. We are only still within touching distance of the top 6 because this is such a poor league, particularly this season. I see no reason for optimism about next season, especially as we are likely to sell either Hughes or Brayford, probably our best two players, this summer. I have no faith in either the board providing adequate funding in the summer to improve the squad or Nigel signing the right players to make a difference so I honestly think it will be more of the same again next season. We are nowhere near good enough to be challenging for the top 6.

Are we in touching distance of the top 6, or are we no where near?

Wolves were crap and are now in the relegation places. A team with such low morale and confidence, this was the ideal time to beat them. What do we do? Draw. at home.

Bolton, despite having a lot of quality - Lee, Ngog(!), Spearing, Davies x3 - are awful - hit and hope with a longball because that's what suits them, and is to their strengths. They have a lot of height, age and experience, but are 5 points behind us. Again, with a home advantage, we should be aiming to beat them. Instead a draw, which tonight did feel a point gained as opposed to two dropped, but I still left frustrated.

You make a very good point about how strong Bolton are.

Perhaps some credit should go to Nigel and the players for being so far above them with a team of youth players and lower league signings.

I find it strange that people are talking about not letting the season fade out. And that we should keep up the motivation.

But this is the 3rd season in a row that this has happened. Once negative Nigel gets beyond the realms of relegation, we fall away.

With Bueno, Commons, Cwyka & Kuqi, we were turning teams over and Clough was a genius. Then he tinkers, drops players like Bueno and Cwyka, doesn't keep Kuqi when he should of, and we drop like a stone.

Then the same last season. Best start to a season in years, looking great, then tactics change, becomes negative, and plummets.

This season, the same.

Wednesday was the prime example. 2-0 up against a **** team. Comes straight out into the dugout and tells the players to drop deeper and defend. What happens? We invite Wednesday on...2-2.

The season will peter out into nothing, and nothing suggests next season will be any better.

If mid table mediocrity is good enough, Nigel is your man. Personally, think we've had enough mediocrity since 2007.

You make a very good point about how strong Bolton are.

Perhaps some credit should go to Nigel and the players for being so far above them with a team of youth players and lower league signings.

When we got relegated we spent the entire season in the relegation zone finishing 18th.Same applies to Bolton

surely.Some teams find it difficult to cope with relegation and are beatable as they have shown.If we are going

anywhere we have to win these matches.

I find it strange that people are talking about not letting the season fade out. And that we should keep up the motivation.

But this is the 3rd season in a row that this has happened. Once negative Nigel gets beyond the realms of relegation, we fall away.

With Bueno, Commons, Cwyka & Kuqi, we were turning teams over and Clough was a genius. Then he tinkers, drops players like Bueno and Cwyka, doesn't keep Kuqi when he should of, and we drop like a stone.

Then the same last season. Best start to a season in years, looking great, then tactics change, becomes negative, and plummets.

This season, the same.

Wednesday was the prime example. 2-0 up against a **** team. Comes straight out into the dugout and tells the players to drop deeper and defend. What happens? We invite Wednesday on...2-2.

The season will peter out into nothing, and nothing suggests next season will be any better.

If mid table mediocrity is good enough, Nigel is your man. Personally, think we've had enough mediocrity since 2007.

what a load utter rubbish.

How can you say we sat back and invited them on to us... was you there?

They scored 2 goals from set pieces or crosses. It's not like they attacked us and where running us ragged.

I am not a Cloughie lover and I'm just as sceptical as the next person ask anyone on here but what you are saying is a load of S***

When we got relegated we spent the entire season in the relegation zone finishing 18th.Same applies to Bolton

surely.Some teams find it difficult to cope with relegation and are beatable as they have shown.If we are going

anywhere we have to win these matches.

I'm not sure what your point is?

Mine is that their squad is valuable and as indiviuals one could argue most of the team that started last night could slot in to a Premiership team somewhere right now.

As things stand (IMO) we only have one player that is worthy of playing in the Premiership right now. But we drew against them. That shows that they've been poorly managed, both tactically and from a recruitment perspective.

Just saying to the wristslashers that are so keen to point 'we're not good enough' (for what I don't know), that it could always be worse.

what a load utter rubbish.

How can you say we sat back and invited them on to us... was you there?

They scored 2 goals from set pieces or crosses. It's not like they attacked us and where running us ragged.

I am not a Cloughie lover and I'm just as sceptical as the next person ask anyone on here but what you are saying is a load of S***

Yes, I was there actually. And I witnessed clough come out and wave them back.

That invited them on to us.

We conciede from set pieces every week because there is no organisation. Who's fault is that? GSE?

"we don't have enough money" bullshit. Clubs have got promoted on lower budgets.

I'm talking **** because I'm pointing out flaws in the 'messiah'.

Go bury your head back in the sand. Idiot.

Yes, I was there actually. And I witnessed clough come out and wave them back.

That invited them on to us.

We conciede from set pieces every week because there is no organisation. Who's fault is that? GSE?

"we don't have enough money" bullshit. Clubs have got promoted on lower budgets.

I'm talking **** because I'm pointing out flaws in the 'messiah'.

Go bury your head back in the sand. Idiot.

I am not a Nigel or GSE lover as I have already said... I am a Lover of Derby that's it mate.

We all no we are concieding from set pieces and are just as un-happy with it as you are..

I honestly think that with a little money for a left back and Shaun Barker back even if he is nearly as good as he was will stop us from leaking goals from set pieces and crosses.

Archived