What happens if Nigel Clough is sacked by Derby County? (mod edited title)

ChaddesdenRam

Where's this idea that our academy is so good come from? Who have we produced that's so good?

It wasn't that long ago that Camp, Grant, Tudgay and Hudds all came trough at the same time.. Who do we have to rival that? Hughes might become as good as Hudds, Bennett who know, O'Brien, Ball and Hendrick will probably stay at this level or below..

I couldn't care if our academy manager/structure goes.. It's not beyond Derby to find one just as capable..

Also, I'm hardly deluded for thinking there are better managers out there than Clough who could do a good job... I'd be feckin off my rocket if I believed he's the best man for the job.. That would make him the best manager in the world whose available to us.. Now who's being deluded?

People are scared of change... Why? I'd be slightly cautious if NC had us in 13th position in the PL and the board sacked him because they wanted to move on to the European places.. Similar to Blackburn Rovers.. But feck me, we're midtable in the NPC playing an average brand of football toddling along to becoming the next Coventry City.. How could things get much worse than this?

4 years ago we were a washed up NPC side with overpaid players.. 4 years on we're still a relatively washed up NPC side with average players who aren't paid that much.. I'm sorry but I won't be sad to see a change.. Not in the slightest..

you wouldn't get an architect to design and build a house then fire him half way through!? would you? Depends if all he's designing is a detached 2 bedroom house with the only highlight being the second bedroom which has the potential to be a decent babyroom..

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being honest, if he did go, it would sadden me, Nige is our last remaining link

to a glorious past that i was lucky to be part of, it would be like casting aside a family member.

Nigel is one hundred percent Derby County, he really should never have accepted the job here

in the first place, but he did and now we are put in the awkward situation of maybe having to cast him aside

like an unwanted pet.

A manager with no emotional ties to this club would have been much easier to 'deal' with..

Once he's gone, he's gone for good..

We have had plenty of the no emotional attachments. They haven't done us much good either. At least we know his heart is in it and comitment is there. He knows what it means to us.

Maybe someone should ask the question what's going to happen as he won't get sacked.

My guess is that next year, we will be debating exactly the same thing, as the season will be over in jan again, we are sat 12th in the league and have just been knocked out the cup by burton, which Clough has justified the defeat by saying have had 10 years rebuilding to get to where they are and we are only in our 5th :-)

My orignal thread title was

Nigel Clough has been sacked by Derby County!

To make people think it has actually happened and then realise without hesitation their feelings. Whether it was of anger, sadness, happiness. It was designed to provoke a thought that was all.

I do understand why the thread title got changed though.

This is what would happen...

http://i47.tinypic.com/1z4k484

Now can everyone either get ready to roar us on against Hudders or p*ss off until we start winning again.

Thanks.

Unfortunately Private, it would be the same result, the board stays and another Clough slips through the net. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Are you guys for real? ffs he's not Brian! I'm sorry but he's just not! Get a grip and stop living in a dream land!

Where's this idea that our academy is so good come from? Who have we produced that's so good?

It wasn't that long ago that Camp, Grant, Tudgay and Hudds all came trough at the same time.. Who do we have to rival that? Hughes might become as good as Hudds, Bennett who know, O'Brien, Ball and Hendrick will probably stay at this level or below..

I couldn't care if our academy manager/structure goes.. It's not beyond Derby to find one just as capable..

Also, I'm hardly deluded for thinking there are better managers out there than Clough who could do a good job... I'd be feckin off my rocket if I believed he's the best man for the job.. That would make him the best manager in the world whose available to us.. Now who's being deluded?

People are scared of change... Why? I'd be slightly cautious if NC had us in 13th position in the PL and the board sacked him because they wanted to move on to the European places.. Similar to Blackburn Rovers.. But feck me, we're midtable in the NPC playing an average brand of football toddling along to becoming the next Coventry City.. How could things get much worse than this?

4 years ago we were a washed up NPC side with overpaid players.. 4 years on we're still a relatively washed up NPC side with average players who aren't paid that much.. I'm sorry but I won't be sad to see a change.. Not in the slightest..

you wouldn't get an architect to design and build a house then fire him half way through!? would you? Depends if all he's designing is a detached 2 bedroom house with the only highlight being the second bedroom which has the potential to be a decent babyroom..

Completly right, a lot of Clough supporters highlight that if we got rid of Clough then the Academy would suffer, although our academy hasn't produced a,axing players, O'Brian and Ball are average players, Hendrick is pretty good when he's told to be more aggressive. Hughes is pretty talented.

Honestly, what has Clough actually built or Improved on, I think we were very naive to appoint him in the first place, he has 10 years experience at a club that only got promoted in the 10th year of being in charge, bearing in mind that Burton was a team of professional players in a league with a lot of players who are semi pro. I think we only appointed him because of the name. Experience at 5th level of Englsih football is an extremely risky appointment, because it highlights his lack of experience which still shows today.

He turns them ointo a boring midtable NPC side who gets knocked out of the cups in the 3rd or 4th round by lower league opposition..

Yes.. Unbearable.

He'd probably have more money, so could well do better.

He'd also get a team full of players fired up enough to beat us regularly (as he's done here), whilst we have this dream manager that we can apparently afford and suddenly all our problems disappear and we magic up a 20 a season goal scorer and his wages, and play attractive football all the time and zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived