What happens if Nigel Clough is sacked by Derby County? (mod edited title)

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gutted when i read that!

I'll find it sad when he leaves. Even if it's just down to liking the bloke and believing in the ridiculous romance of Clough at Derby.

We could be 10pts clear at the top or adrift at the bottom. If he must be gone then let it be. But I won't celebrate his departure.

Cheers for the stomach sinking feeling Shabash!

I'll be honest - I was also gutted reading that. Git.

For all his faults, I desperately want him to suceed. And I do see some green shoots...but its very very slow

As to the OP, I'm not sure what would change other than a new name to moan at. I suspect Clough would be much more fondly thought of 6 months after his phantom departure than he is now.

I read this thread title, got excited, then opened it, and found it wasn't true..

Similar to taking the clothes off a rather good looking ladyboy from Thailand

Lol.

Is there not a part of you that reaches out to the idea of a 'Clough returning Derby to former glories'. However stupid it may be? Whatever you think of his ability, if he was to be sacked then that silly dream would be over.

I couldn't be happy.

sacking clough would be totally pointless and would undo all the progress we've made over the last 4 years, he may not be the best manager ever but he's doing a good job at a club that for a few seasons were in dire straits and were looking nervously over our shoulder at league one (which at the time i felt could be beneficial - look at leicester, even if they have spent multiple millions).

people who would welcome cloughs departure are deluded, at the present time he's the only man for the job!

you wouldn't get an architect to design and build a house then fire him half way through!? would you?

It's difficult. If Clough leaves so does his entire team of staff. Does Walsall go too? What happens to the academy? The stability? It's not all about the first team. There is a plan in place, and Clough offers 90% of the solution to that plan. But I don't think he is tactically good enough and can't get the team playing to their best. I can be proven wrong. But this thread is kind of pointless. Nobody knows what will change.

Change the thread title back...doesn't have nearly the same effect now!

It was certainly the first thread title that has actually had me mind racing quicker than I could click it!

I guess the gaffers just don't want to be a source of speculation for idle journalists and bored solicitors??

Being honest, if he did go, it would sadden me, Nige is our last remaining link

to a glorious past that i was lucky to be part of, it would be like casting aside a family member.

Nigel is one hundred percent Derby County, he really should never have accepted the job here

in the first place, but he did and now we are put in the awkward situation of maybe having to cast him aside

like an unwanted pet.

A manager with no emotional ties to this club would have been much easier to 'deal' with..

Once he's gone, he's gone for good..

Archived