What happens if Nigel Clough is sacked by Derby County? (mod edited title)

ChaddesdenRam

In four years of Clough doing a "superb job", "on a shoestring budget" "balancing the books" ETC- I've never once seen his name linked to another job, except for the vacant Forest position before Mcclaren took over.

What does that tell you?

That he doesn't have the qualifications to get another job in this division - that is also a fact.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if Clough only holds a B license, surely that shows he won't ever walk away from the job? He won't ever be able to find work, especially at this level.

Why he hasn't enrolled on the course is beyond me.

He would be able to get a managerial job afterwards he would just have to get his licence first.

Yes that would take time but he would still be able to find a job eventually.

The reason why he hasn't the license is because when he took the job you didn't need any qualifications. I think only Clough and Kenny jacket are under that possibility now as the two longest serving managers. Nonetheless i agree that i am surprised Clough hasnt got his license during his time at Derby maybe it is too time consuming.

In four years of Clough doing a "superb job", "on a shoestring budget" "balancing the books" ETC- I've never once seen his name linked to another job, except for the vacant Forest position before Mcclaren took over.

What does that tell you?

that he's not available so the papers haven't linked him?

Jeeeez people wern't wrong about Rams Talk were they, I think Nige has done a great job although i dont agree with some of his subs Im happy with what he has done here, he cares about this club and has again built it up from the bottom after Dwarf and o Paul destroyed our youth set up!!!

All this with no money to spend!!!

I'll tell you what would happen.

* A new guy would come in, and use the excuse "it's not my squad" for every defeat we suffered.

* Said new guy would then start dismantling the squad to try to build his own.

* Due to no funds being available, this would likely take a long time - 4 years?

* If no success was realised during that transitional phase, the fans would put pressure on him to be sacked

* If he were sacked, a new guy would come in (revert to first point, and so on).

We need stability, not more transition. Clough has done well, and has built foundations (the hard part in football management in my humble opinion). He has and is making mistakes - but i think the hardest times of the transition are behind us, and think the next years with Clough from a solid foundation will be far more rewarding than another 5 year transition plan.

However, if you were to ask me the same question about the board.....

QFT.

I'll tell you what would happen.

* A new guy would come in, and use the excuse "it's not my squad" for every defeat we suffered.

* Said new guy would then start dismantling the squad to try to build his own.

* Due to no funds being available, this would likely take a long time - 4 years?

* If no success was realised during that transitional phase, the fans would put pressure on him to be sacked

* If he were sacked, a new guy would come in (revert to first point, and so on).

We need stability, not more transition. Clough has done well, and has built foundations (the hard part in football management in my humble opinion). He has and is making mistakes - but i think the hardest times of the transition are behind us, and think the next years with Clough from a solid foundation will be far more rewarding than another 5 year transition plan.

However, if you were to ask me the same question about the board.....

"What do want? Stability. When do we want it? Yesterday!"

I love threads like this. If we had got a lucky late winner vs Forest and the BBC stats had been correct vs Blackburn, then nothing like this would have appeared.

it cracks me up the happiness of some people at this mention,

Clough to my knowledge, has never had a player slag him off after he has been sold, I havent read a harsh comment or piece of news about his reign here,

ffs people you can only polish a turd so much, we do not have a squad capable of competing at the top of the league week in week out, live with it.

as for some of the comments oh I wish he had got so and so or so and so,

when shopping in the basement not everything is going to come out smelling of roses,

and do some of you seriously believe that clough doesnt want better players, and maybe he does ask for them, last time I checked nobody on this forum was on the board, therefore nobody on this forum knows exactly who he is asking for.

Just because he plays mr nice guy and the boards man to the media and the fans, doesnt mean he isnt asking them who he can sign can we not push the boat out. etc etc

ffs the bloke is a fan of derby, lives in derby do you not think for one minute he wants whats best for derby!!!

rant over but its one thing being a fan and passionate about your club, but it gets a joke when people only ever whinge and dont appear willing to ever get behind the team, I thought that was the whole point of being a fan, maybe Im confused and should go back and live in burton!!

I mean seriously I bet there is more negativity on this site week in week out about derby then there is on forest site, No other forum that I have ever seen has so many people appear to be just waiting for failure!!

Forest have already said that he isn't Qualified enough for them,ok for us though.

And they got a qualified "belter" didn't they!

I bet we're all so upset that McLeish isn't our Manager. Aren't we? Surely, if he's qualified, that means he must do well, doesn't it?

Did I hear someone say "Not Really"?

Won't make any difference to my feelings one way or the other. When Brian left, that was different - I hated Longson with a passion, and my heart leapt a few years later when he oh-so-nearly returned. Managers since Brian? Very little emotion from me when they left. I liked Tommy Docherty as a person - for much of his time at Derby he was a drinking mate because he absolutely loved sports forums and quizzes, and I used to arrange loads - but as a manager, he was a disaster.

Since then, there was only one manager I desperately wanted out of the club immediately, and that was Paul Jewell. Not for the fact that he was an awful manager for us but for the news headlines that Sunday morning that dragged the club's name through the gutter for his foolishness several years before.

Nigel Clough can stay for another decade and I will support him - but that's not the same as saying that I rate him. When he leaves, I will support the next man in the hot seat.

Won't make any difference to my feelings one way or the other. When Brian left, that was different - I hated Longson with a passion, and my heart leapt a few years later when he oh-so-nearly returned. Managers since Brian? Very little emotion from me when they left. I liked Tommy Docherty as a person - for much of his time at Derby he was a drinking mate because he absolutely loved sports forums and quizzes, and I used to arrange loads - but as a manager, he was a disaster.

Since then, there was only one manager I desperately wanted out of the club immediately, and that was Paul Jewell. Not for the fact that he was an awful manager for us but for the news headlines that Sunday morning that dragged the club's name through the gutter for his foolishness several years before.

Nigel Clough can stay for another decade and I will support him - but that's not the same as saying that I rate him. When he leaves, I will support the next man in the hot seat.

Me too about Jewell. About all of it really.

Archived