Derby County v Nottingham Forest

uttoxram75

Poor game, worst we've played at home for a long while. Keogh, Hendrick and an unfit Ward did well, everyone else was no better than ok and in some cases, poor.

Given we are at our best going at teams, the first half was a wasted with Sammon miles away from anyone. Ward eventually joined him towards the end of the half, but we'd missed the chance to get any momentum going by then.

For some reason we looked too worried about losing, rather than going all out to win. After we scored I thought we'd really put them under pressure, but there was absolutely nothing going forward, not sure their keeper even touched the ball meaningfully after Wardy netted, and they looked more likely to score than us.

Forest looked very ordinary, apart from Sharp, whose movement was excellent. Keogh had to be at his best to keep on top of him.

And there wasn't even a punch up between the players.

Overall, a massive anti-climax!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 games in a row we have been absolutely ***** against them but still took 7 points off them. If they had someone decent up top with Sharp they probably would have won. I was so disappointed with us today, they were there for the taking. Collins' defending for Wards goal was laughable, Halford is not a footballer, Lansbury is a show pony, Cox was anoynmous. The kuwaitis need to spend more than a few million just to make them play off material.

Did he actually spit though? I thought he just blew a kiss, and I was pretty close to it.

I swear I seen it come out of his mouth, I sit in line from where he was. Not certain though, few saying he blew a kiss, few saying he spat, think we should leave it there. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Ratings:

Lego - 6 - had nothing to do, there goal was something he had barely and control over and he came out and collected well.

Brayford - 5 - looked good in parts, looked bad in parts like running at them he looked sharp when it came to passing he was poor.

Roberts - 4 - struggled with the ball over the top at times, looked ragged today.

Keogh - 8 - MOTM - did very well against their strikers.

O'brien - 5 - wasn't overalls convinced by him today and was caught out of position a few times.

Coutts - 4 - looked to be carrying a knock in the second half, thought he was one of our more respectable players in the first but wasn't saying much.

Hughes - 2 - awful today, not going to sugar coat it he is a good young player but today he was nothing but a ghost in the middle of the park.

Bryson - 5 - looked okay, did look like a fish out of water on the wing mind.

Hendrick - 7 - put in a respectable shift, can't ask for nothing more.. He was carrying Hughes.

Ward - 7 - that bit of flair and quality he gave today, jara did a number on him but he got the goal.

Sammon - 5 - one of his worst performances but his utter grit and determination, movement and vision for our goal was very good so he gets a 5.

Theo -1 - didn't even touch the ball

Jacobs - 6 - looked sharp when he got on, as a team we looked poor was only going to be him if we won.

FOREST RATINGS: thought I would include there's

Darlow - 7 - better than Camp by a long way, looks half decent looks comfortable with balls across the box

Jara - 8 - probably pips Keogh to MOTM in fairness, did very well for them.

Collins - 7 - put in a good shift, good defender

Ward - 5 - he looked like the one we should of been trying to get behind, shaky.

Halford - 6 - usually crap but did okay today.

Gillett - 6 - awful for our goal but tidy midfield play and job on Hughes was good.

Lansbury - 5 - saw some forest fans raving about him, don't know why... Myth at best.

Cohen - 6 - put in a good shift, like him as a player. Works hard.

Majewski - 4 - looks okay with the ball to feet, but dog without it.

Sharp - 5 - looked a little isolated, good with the ball but just didn't get into the positions he wanted.

Cox - 3 - absolute dog, apart from a shot first half absolutely nothing from him.

Overall both teams were not very good today, forest were very disciplined and I said before the game that every team to get something from pride park this season haven't been good footballing side or attacking, it's the disciplined sides we struggle to break down like hull, Brighton and Burnley. I said I didn't think forest had it to be that disciplined but they did the job on the day. Overall, I think we're the better team with the more quality but today we didn't show it... Not very much between the two sides and today showed just that.

Two crap teams who played crap.

We played a lot of hoof with some moments of passing football, they played a lot of hoof with a some moments of passing football. They physically dominated us and looked the mature team. While our players dived in aggressively, letting them dummy past us all day, they used concentrated aggression and held off challenges. Both defenses were poor and at fault for each goal. It's a bloody miracle either of us scored actually. I'm surprised they didn't have more shots on target tbh, it felt like they did.

Our best spell was early on (up until Wardy had that free kick deflected) and after we scored. Hendrick should have scored with his chance after we scored. In those moments we looked like the team we do see every other Saturday.

Some could argue that they should have been down to 10 men, but I don't think the bloke who tackled Hendrick was the last man. It WAS a goal scoring opportunity but I still think a yellow card was the right decision.

Forest looked an organised outfit and played a classic away game. Broke well and even though they had less chances, had the better chances. Defence was weak, attack was strong. Don't think they had a stand out player, perhaps Sharp. He managed to somehow outmuscle Keogh and OB a lot.

Sammon. He wasn't good, but he was the difference between us losing and drawing. Admittedly a better striker would have been the difference between us losing and winning, but you can't fault his tireless effort. Good work to set up the goal, and did okay in some pretty appalling circumstances. He deserves more credit than he'll receive.

Legzdins-6 standard

Brayf-6 worked hard when some other weren't

OB-4 *facepalm*

Keogh-8 moments of brilliance shaded by moments of utter shiteness. *.

Roberts-5 struggled, as he will do. Still did his job.

Coutts-5 Useless. He's good at out-muscling little left backs, not that ******* clod Halford.

Hendrick-8 he's quite good when in-form. Should have scored in my humble opinion.

Hughes-5 rarely lost the ball and was okay. Wasn't his sort of game.

Bryson-7 given him a 7 for his outstanding effort. He won some headers he had no right to win.

Ward- 7.5 good finish. Wish he hadn't gone off. Jacobs and Bavies are better free kick takers.

Sammon-6 *see above*

Jacobs-5 nice skill when he first came on. ***** for the rest. A bad pass and a bad corner were basically his contribution.

Theo-5 gave away a few fouls. Ran around a bit and made a decent tackle actually.

I walked away feeling like we'd lost.

We played a lot of hoof with some moments of passing football, they played a lot of hoof with a some moments of passing football. They physically dominated us and looked the mature team. While our players dived in aggressively, letting them dummy past us all day, they used concentrated aggression and held off challenges. Both defenses were poor and at fault for each goal. It's a bloody miracle either of us scored actually. I'm surprised they didn't have more shots on target tbh, it felt like they did.

Our best spell was early on (up until Wardy had that free kick deflected) and after we scored. Hendrick should have scored with his chance after we scored. In those moments we looked like the team we do see every other Saturday.

Some could argue that they should have been down to 10 men, but I don't think the bloke who tackled Hendrick was the last man. It WAS a goal scoring opportunity but I still think a yellow card was the right decision.

Forest looked an organised outfit and played a classic away game. Broke well and even though they had less chances, had the better chances. Defence was weak, attack was strong. Don't think they had a stand out player, perhaps Sharp. He managed to somehow outmuscle Keogh and OB a lot.

Sammon. He wasn't good, but he was the difference between us losing and drawing. Admittedly a better striker would have been the difference between us losing and winning, but you can't fault his tireless effort. Good work to set up the goal, and did okay in some pretty appalling circumstances. He deserves more credit than he'll receive.

Legzdins-6 standard

OB-4 *facepalm*

Coutts-5 Useless. He's good at out-muscling little left backs, not that ******* clod Halford.

Hendrick-8 he's quite good when in-form. Should have scored in my humble opinion.

Bryson-7 given him a 7 for his outstanding effort. He won some headers he had no right to win.

Ward- 7.5 good finish. Wish he hadn't gone off. Jacobs and Bavies are better free kick takers.

Sammon-6 *see above*

Jacobs-5 nice skill when he first came on. ***** for the rest. A bad pass and a bad corner were basically his contribution.

Theo-5 gave away a few fouls. Ran around a bit and made a decent tackle actually.

Very kind there sir.

Theo Robinson was offside more than touches of the ball... And he gets a 5, I could of done what Robinson did today and I'm missing all my ligaments in one knee..

Salmon...err ....no

Theo.....err ...no, at least Mason Benett does have a first touch.

Until we have a forward that can actually hold a ball, or for that matter control a ball under three touches, I doubt that we can challenge for the top six. We lack firepower plain and simple. An edge.

And a new left back of similar ability of Brayford might also help.

But a points a point. And they still can't beat us.

Legzdins-6 standard

OB-4 *facepalm*

Sammon-6 *see above*

think i watched a different game. Hughes ONLY gave the ball away. and what exactly is "the *" for keogh? we would have been up **** creek without him and Hendrick today

I thought Jara was good, made a few hasty clearences but thats all our whole team did for the last 30 minutes. He put some very good tackles in, stopped Ward to a t on the wing. Should have scored though in the first half.

Disappointing overall, too many off days but Forest were good too. Well set up. Most important thing is that we didn't lose, with Bryson and Ward getting some good game time under their belt's things look up for the rest of the season.

Hi, new poster.

Lego 5

Brayford 5

Keogh 8

Obrien 5

Roberts 4

Coutts 3

Hendrick 7

Hughes 4

Bryson 5

Ward 6

Sammon 5.5

Subs

Jacobs 5

Robinson 5

Thought a draw was about fair, Forest just about edged the game but neither team deserved to win. Have heard people on bbc radio derby slating theo but I thought he played ok, won the ball a couple of times and had an ok 5 mins. Keogh motm, played brilliant for me

Welcome to the forum 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived