Moving Fans to South Stand...time for a name change?

Debaser

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, am I the only person that doesn't get this?

"move the away fans right over to the South Stand near the SW Corner."

So, leave them where they are?

Same here - I don't really get it either.

I'm not sure that asking any season ticket holders to move for away fans is fair. Why not leave a section next to the away fans empty - i.e. do not sell any season tickets or individual tickets until the away team has decided whether to take their full allocation or not. If they don't, then you sell those tickets to walk up customers - cheaply if neccessary.

I'd like the away fans in the south east corner, and if needed to extend into the east stand slightly. although I think the corner alone would take a good 2,000 people, so should be alright for the majority of games, but I think having a set of fans on either side of them would definitely generate a better atmosphere!

As for stand naming, it will probably go to the highest bidder, but if I were naming it would probably be 'The Brian Clough Stand' or something along them lines. I do think all of the stands should be named after 'legends' though.

I'd like the away fans in the south east corner, and if needed to extend into the east stand slightly. although I think the corner alone would take a good 2,000 people, so should be alright for the majority of games, but I think having a set of fans on either side of them would definitely generate a better atmosphere!

As for stand naming, it will probably go to the highest bidder, but if I were naming it would probably be 'The Brian Clough Stand' or something along them lines. I do think all of the stands should be named after 'legends' though.

I'd rather the East be called BC stand.. but Clough/Taylor would be good..

Same here - I don't really get it either.

I'm not sure that asking any season ticket holders to move for away fans is fair. Why not leave a section next to the away fans empty - i.e. do not sell any season tickets or individual tickets until the away team has decided whether to take their full allocation or not. If they don't, then you sell those tickets to walk up customers - cheaply if neccessary.

Yeah, I thought that moving the ST holders for the biggest 4 games of the season would make this whole project pointless. Ah I'm totally confused.

Same tbh, the idea of having the end split 50/50 is fine however why would the club be looking to accommodate more fans of 4 teams (presuming Forest/Leeds/Leicester/Wednesday) when it is very likely those games will be near sellouts from a home point of view.

Leicester have got it spot on tbh, just stick the away fans out of the way.

Sorry for the confusion!!

Yes ideally i think the away fans in the SE Corner. In other words exactly like Leicester except that our vocal area would not be there poor block to the left but the family stand to the right of where the away fans are housed, behind the goal....

Well following my meeting with Sam yesterday looks like this will be going ahead.

One of the ideas discussed was to move the away fans right over to the South Stand near the SW Corner. But this time the Derby fans would be right next to them, premiership season style. Away tickets would be sold next to the home fans and sold from there towards the SW Corner which means fans would always be next to each other which would be great!

Obviously for the big clubs coming who would take their full allocation ST Holders in the South would potentially need to be moved but clearly before taking a ticket in this area you would agree to this. Say 4 games of the 23 at home. MUST SAY this is still being discussed but either way its looking very good.

Additionally we disussed safe standing. Something new under Sam;s era. Happy to say that following our discussion I am pleased to say that the Derby County Official Twitter account has tweeted the Safe Standing Video that I featured in so over the moon about that.

Had a really good chat with him to be honest and can say that he is actually a 'football man'

Anyway sorry to hijack the topic but how about the Gordon Guthrie Stand? Our longest serving employee. Would rather have it whilst he is still around than in his memory so to speak so he can see and appreciate what us fans think of him.

I will copy and paste this into the SR thread as well.

Nick

Dude I don't see why away fans would be moved even further away from their buses?

Stick them in the SE. Buses right outside. Gates can still be used as they are and you don't have all the messing about when we are expecting a large visit.

Seems like its being over complicated to me?

actulley mate having them swc is much better high up and actully there a lot near there buses there, and have them in sec would mean having them in concersiors it would only take one thing to make things kick so sorry they should moved into swc.

Archived