Moving Fans to South Stand...time for a name change?

Debaser

Since Mr Rush hinted at the Forum that he had looked at moving homes fans back into the South Stand to help the atmosphere and that he would announce something about that in the coming months , I was thinking isn't it about time we actually named one of our stands something that mattered?

If we are trying to make the South Stand into a type of Kop and encourage the South East Stand singers to move to it, shouldn't we use this as a time to give Pride Park some kind of character? I would love it if we renamed the stand after one of our club legends? It might soften the blow to some people who don't like the idea of renaming Pride Park something corporate. I would love a kind of KOP for Derby which would help the team and give the place buzz. I stand in the South East Corner and although it sounds noisy at times my friends say that it rarely carries around the ground.

If they did rename the South Stand - what would you like it to be called?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well following my meeting with Sam yesterday looks like this will be going ahead.

One of the ideas discussed was to move the away fans right over to the South Stand near the SW Corner. But this time the Derby fans would be right next to them, premiership season style. Away tickets would be sold next to the home fans and sold from there towards the SW Corner which means fans would always be next to each other which would be great!

Obviously for the big clubs coming who would take their full allocation ST Holders in the South would potentially need to be moved but clearly before taking a ticket in this area you would agree to this. Say 4 games of the 23 at home. MUST SAY this is still being discussed but either way its looking very good.

Additionally we disussed safe standing. Something new under Sam;s era. Happy to say that following our discussion I am pleased to say that the Derby County Official Twitter account has tweeted the Safe Standing Video that I featured in so over the moon about that.

Had a really good chat with him to be honest and can say that he is actually a 'football man'

Anyway sorry to hijack the topic but how about the Gordon Guthrie Stand? Our longest serving employee. Would rather have it whilst he is still around than in his memory so to speak so he can see and appreciate what us fans think of him.

I will copy and paste this into the SR thread as well.

Nick

Well following my meeting with Sam yesterday looks like this will be going ahead.

One of the ideas discussed was to move the away fans right over to the South Stand near the SW Corner. But this time the Derby fans would be right next to them, premiership season style. Away tickets would be sold next to the home fans and sold from there towards the SW Corner which means fans would always be next to each other which would be great!

Obviously for the big clubs coming who would take their full allocation ST Holders in the South would potentially need to be moved but clearly before taking a ticket in this area you would agree to this. Say 4 games of the 23 at home. MUST SAY this is still being discussed but either way its looking very good.

Additionally we disussed safe standing. Something new under Sam;s era. Happy to say that following our discussion I am pleased to say that the Derby County Official Twitter account has tweeted the Safe Standing Video that I featured in so over the moon about that.

Had a really good chat with him to be honest and can say that he is actually a 'football man'

Anyway sorry to hijack the topic but how about the Gordon Guthrie Stand? Our longest serving employee. Would rather have it whilst he is still around than in his memory so to speak so he can see and appreciate what us fans think of him.

I will copy and paste this into the SR thread as well.

Nick

Surely if you and the rest of the south stand are moved we will have a similar situation to stoke last year?

I think the away fans should be in the west stand and SW corner.

Anyway hope this works out right for the benefit of our fans and club.

Thanks for the info Nick. Did Sam say they were also considering moving the fans into the SW corner/West Stand as rynny says? Is it just harder to police or don't they like the idea of the away fans being close to the more expensive seats in the main stand?

I would love the South stand to be called the Clough and Taylor Stand personally.

Yes - I'd love it to be called an "End". Dunno who in this country decided that everything in modern football stadiums should have a crap, dull name but I'd love it to be an "End".

Failing 'Ossie End', I think something FA Cup related should be in the name. We have a bust of Clough and Taylor and Steve Bloomer, but nothing at all of our other great era, in which after the war we were probably the best team in the World and certainly won the most prestigious post-war silverware. Not enough is made of that compared to other achievments.

Isn't there a problem with the location of the segregation barriers and the cells. Sounds a little crazy to put the fans next to each other even they do put a bit of material and a few overweight stewards between them. Why not just put the ones who want to stand up because they hate Forest etc in the North stand and move the family area to the South East/South. I wait with baited breath from my view in the West.

No dont think the West Stand will happen or the SW corner for away fans.

Having away fans in the SW Corner does not appeal to me personally as who are they going to exchange songs with? In my opinion you still need this to get the atmosphere going...

Yes I believe the club were considering moving the away fans to SE Corner, that is my preferred option. Either way we will be behind the goal and we will have a vocal end as such.

Ossie End, Clough Taylor etc all good names....

Isn't there a problem with the location of the segregation barriers and the cells. Sounds a little crazy to put the fans next to each other even they do put a bit of material and a few overweight stewards between them. Why not just put the ones who want to stand up because they hate Forest etc in the North stand and move the family area to the South East/South. I wait with baited breath from my view in the West.

The club have been looking into this for a while. They will have thought about such things. Not for us to get involved in.

Archived