January Transfer "Tyrone Mears" Window

Igorwasking

Evening all , new to the forum, so please be gentle. I was just wondering what eveyone was hoping for in january? Personally i would like us to cash in on some potential, and invest for a promotion push. If we can get decent cash for hughes and brayford, i would take it and buy a decent leftback, a dfensive midfielder and a proven goalscorer. What do you guys hope for?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a word of warning, this thread will most likely be locked or moved as this is the section for transfer rumours: "Keep up to date with all the Derby County transfer rumours - genuine transfer rumours only, please provide links to the source where possible."

I honestly don't know what I want us to do this window. I'd hate to see Brayford or Hughes leave as I feel they'd be too hard to replace. If Hughes went, we'd need another creative midfielder. Is Freeman ready to step into Brayford's shoes?

To me the best outcome would be for us to go through the window without any significant activity, get to next summer and strengthen for a proper push next year.

Thank you! Friendly bunch on here - was previously on footymad - not quite so welcoming on there! Which youths do you want to loan out (I assume at least bennet?) And who do you consider deadwood - tyson?

Youths - Bennett, Hoganson, gjokaj then players like lelan etc

Deadwood - Doyle, deeney, Bailey, Davies.

I'd keep Tyson, prefer him to Theo. If we got a significant bid for Theo I'd accept.

Evening all , new to the forum, so please be gentle. I was just wondering what eveyone was hoping for in january? Personally i would like us to cash in on some potential, and invest for a promotion push. If we can get decent cash for hughes and brayford, i would take it and buy a decent leftback, a dfensive midfielder and a proven goalscorer. What do you guys hope for?

Dont hope for anything that way you cant be dissapointed at the reality of what willl happen. NOTHING

I don't disagree, but iftyson isn't being played, he is eating up a large chunk of the wage bill. I like Davies, and he appears tobe happy being a part of the squad, and every team needs players like that. Personally, i wouldsell tyson, theo, bailey, hughes, brayfordand fielding - and invest the money in new players. I think freeman is going tobe the next brayford, and with oconnor as back up, i think we can afford tocash in on him. Hughesiswithout doubt our best player, but he does not fit in with the current team. If we could geta midfield destroyet, a decent attacking left back, and a proven goalscorer in exchnage for those plahers ihave mentioned, i think we could be a force to be reckoned with.

So you'd sell two of our best players and not replace them? I agree with the goal scorer bit though, but after spending £800k-£1.2m on Sammon in the summer and with 'proven goal scorers' on the bench, Clough would have some explaining to do before he bought another.

What I'd like to see? A new left back and a centre back in on loan. If we'd kept more clean sheets this season we'd easily have another 10 points.

Welcome to the forum btw. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm no expert but...

All we really need is a shitter version of Alan Shearer, you know, someone who gets on the end of it or puts there head in the way..... The squad as a whole are really not that bad at all considering Cloughie bought them because they 'try'

We make enough chances to hammer teams! We just need someone to run off Sammon and rip the f*cking net out. I am totally fed up of both Theo and Tyson to be honest.

But as jimbobram says, nowt will happen 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I wouldn't replace brayford, as I say, I think freeman is a good replacement. I would replace hughes with a midfield destroyer, a jason kavanagh of a few years back would be ideal. I like the thought of a decent cb on loan until barker is back, and then I would use the rest of the cash to get a decent leftback, and a out and out goalscorer - someone said lupoli the other day - he would be ideal upfront with sammon. I honestly think sacrificing those players to strengthen the areas I've mentioned would make us much stronger. The alternative is to build a team around the likes of hughes, and I don't think we have the money for that, and I certainly don't have the patience to wait for that to happen!

Don't think your allowed to send players of 16 out on loan? Might be wrong, but I thought they had to be 17?

Get Lelan, Hoganson and Gjokaj out on loan, wouldn't mind selling some of the 'dead wood' to loosen up some funds for a striker maybe on loan, wouldn't mind selling Tyson, Bailey, Bavies and Deeney although they'll probably go in the summer, but if Tyson went, maybe a young striker on loan from one of the premiership lot, who can score. An Arturo Lupoli of todays world.

Couldn't we tell young Ferguson at Peterborough he's taking Theo and Tyson and we'll relieve him of George Boyd ?

(Austin or Sharp would be preferable but there's as much chance of signing either of them as there is reading a positive post from Bris.) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I don't think there will be much transfer action but if we're playing fantasy football, I would sell Brayford if offered £1m plus. I would also look to offload at least one of the forwards. I would look to get in a central midfielder and someone who has experience and knows where the net is. Taylor-Fletcher or Kebe might not be too expensive. I would also like to see more of the current squad given a chance, especially in defence where neither O'Brien or O'Connor look particularly assured. I can't understand why Mason Bennett hasn't featured. Does anyone know?

I don't think there will be much transfer action but if we're playing fantasy football, I would sell Brayford if offered £1m plus. I would also look to offload at least one of the forwards. I would look to get in a central midfielder and someone who has experience and knows where the net is. Taylor-Fletcher or Kebe might not be too expensive. I would also like to see more of the current squad given a chance, especially in defence where neither O'Brien or O'Connor look particularly assured. I can't understand why Mason Bennett hasn't featured. Does anyone know?

His been injured and is playing in under 21's, just think Nigel thinks his abit young and rates Theo, Tyson and sammon more. Dont forget Ward is playing as a striker more this season and he is arguably one of the best strikers and footballers we have, get him back fit and he could be our sharp, austin type player. Ive said it alot on here, id rather impove our defence looking at our current team. Roberts, O'Conner, Buxton not good enough.

His been injured and is playing in under 21's, just think Nigel thinks his abit young and rates Theo, Tyson and sammon more. Dont forget Ward is playing as a striker more this season and he is arguably one of the best strikers and footballers we have, get him back fit and he could be our sharp, austin type player. Ive said it alot on here, id rather impove our defence looking at our current team. Roberts, O'Conner, Buxton not good enough.

I'm not sure Ward is going to be fit judging by the way he went off yesterday. I think you're right about the defence, but they also need more protection from those in front of them.

In a dream world we would get Tom Huddlstone back on loan buy a league 2 gem that turns out to be the next Lambert and finsh the season about 10th or higher in the league ready to push for it next year......... Reality we may sell Brayford maybe Hughs complain alot call for Cloughs head then realise that this is the best way forward Mini rant over

I don't think we'll see any significant moves in this window, either incoming or outgoing. I think Clough will keep faith with the squad he assembled over the summer and re-assess at the end of the season, even though we probably need a shot in the arm now.

There might be some movement in the loan market if we start to struggle with injuries. But unless the squad starts to look genuinely depleted, I expect he'll give other players in the current squad a chance to step in and make their mark, much like Legzdins and Jacobs have done.

I tend to think that we will resist interest in the likes of Hughes, Brayford, Robinson and any other first-team regular in this window. In the summer, it might be a different story.

I definitely think there are areas for improvement and we are probably 3-4 players - a centre back, left back, central midfielder and a striker - away from being a bonafide contender for promotion.

So it will be a bit galling to see other teams in the division active in the market and really giving it a go while we hold out hope for a shrewd loan signing or two. But we may be pleasantly surprised.

I hope we add to the team by bringing in a new LB (I like Roberts but he's 34!!!), a holding mid (ever since Hendrick came back into the side we've our form has declined) and finally a proven goal scorer, someone along the lines of Martin Waghorn etc...

Doubt any of that will happen though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Archived