Charlton Athletic v Derby County

Day

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a quick look at the stats, we had 16 corners to their grand total of 3. Then as previously mentioned we absolutely dominated the possession, and had more shots and shots on target than Charlton. We did just enough to deserve the 3 points but got 1. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Some Charlton fans' views:

Lets not be blinded by the old familiar rose tinted mist..even before the sending off Derby were much better than us. They dominated the middle, their no.7 and Will Hughes were technically a class above anything we had.

First 20 mins were embarrassing we were awful.. Negative team selection again,,,,then we scored a wonder goal out go nothing but it still did improve out play..... MOM was Hamer without him today Derby would have scored 6 or 7 ... He was a one man show,

The big talking point again is a major mistake by C Powell . It was clear that Morrison was struggling to cope with the pace if the derby frontline and when he received his final warning from the ref why was he not replaced t half time ?

How we didn't lose that I'll never know. The first twenty and the last twenty they were all over us.Morro must be short of a brain cell,the ref. went towards his pocket after a second foul ,then realised who it was and had a word instead.I can only assume he told him 'one more and you're off'. Talking with people around me at h/t it seemed we were in agreement that he should be subbed for the second half.But not CP it seems he waited until he got sent off then sent Devite on.

Just out of interest anyone know the Derby corner count? I can't remember any game at the Valley where the opposition had so many corners. I'm reckoning between 15 to 20.

To summarise, generally, they seem to think their player was a red card waiting to happen and that CP should have subbed him off. They're not a massive fan of Powell on there at all.

Once again opposition fans jealous of Coutts and Hughes.

Once again opposition fans noticing how useless we are at set pieces.

And once again, I go on our forum and the opposition's forum, and both have large quarters of unhappy fans. I don't know who to believe on this one!

I think if you do get a reasonable number of complimentary posts from opposition fans its a very good indication that we are a decent side and played well. They are worth far more than negative opinions both from our fans - many of whom won't have been to the game anyway - and theirs, who quite understandably, are biased in favour of their own team

I think if you do get a reasonable number of complimentary posts from opposition fans its a very good indication that we are a decent side and played well. They are worth far more than negative opinions both from our fans - many of whom won't have been to the game anyway - and theirs, who quite understandably, are biased in favour of their own team

Ridiculously sensible post.

Right i've recovered from last night, and can give my version of events.

Firstly what a shithole, nice stadium, but once you get outside what a fookin dump and the pubs were *****.

On to the game, first 20 minutes they did not have a kick in our half. We had at least half a dozen set pieces, all of which were good deliveries, there was just no one on the end of them. Then Haynes scored. Good goal but should have not been showed inside by whoever it was. From then till about 55 minutes it was all them, but we looked good on the break, and Tyson should have scored when one on one after great link up with Theo. Legzdins made some great saves, but if we were playing a better team we could have been 3 or 4 down.

We started the second half better and had a ridiculous amount of corners, and looked dangrous from every single one of them, Theo had a brilliant chance when the keeper miskicked, the ball hit him went up in th air, and with no one within 25 yards of him, he miscontrolled it and the ball went another 20 yards up in the air. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

The penalty was clear, but i dont think it was a second yellow. Theo's behaviour was appaling, and as soon as ward scored he was the first to turn away and run back to the half way line, and get bollocked by the bench in the process. How Sammon or Brayford did not score i will never know, but we played alright and got a decent point. And get this, Coutts was brilliant!! Anyway, moving on.

James O'Connor was absolute tosh again, especially in the first half. Him and Roberts were on the left side of defence first half and i dont think there are two worse defenders in their positions in this league (apart from forest obviously). He did improve when he went to RB and Brayf went CB but was still poor.

I was most pleased/surprised with Ben Davies though, his first start for about 8 months(?) and he didnt do much wrong, put plenty of good balls in and played in Hughes' position when he went off, and was much more effective there than he was.

Archived