Charlton Athletic v Derby County

Day

How did the last 20 sound? My Ramsplayer cut out. Close to winning it?

Well we hit the post and had 16 corners to their 3 domianted possession 63% to 37% yest stil cant win. Sounds a bit familiar.

Hughes and Ward both went off injured so may be a very costly point too . Still we are only 3 points away from the playoffs now.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time we scored 3 goals away in a league match.. When we beat 9 man Peterborough 3 years ago?

Charlton have gone over 1.5 goals in 9/12 home games.. Derby have gone over 1.5 goals in 10/12 away games.. There is a 79% chance it will go over 1.5 goals..

Charlton have gone under 4.5 goals in 10/12 home games.. Derby have gone under 4.5 goals in 11/12 away games.. There is a 87.5% chance it will go under 4.5 goals..

So there is 65.5% this game will finish with either 2, 3 or 4 goals in it but a bigger chance of it finishing with just 0 or 1 goals rather than 5 or more..

Charlton have scored 16 goals in 12 home games.. Derby have scored 10 goals in 12 away games.. Charlton have a poor home record, Derby have a poor away record..

Prediction: 1-1 Bore draw

Derby goalscorer Tyson

And they say football is really unpredictable

I only wish I had the same level of football knowledge 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

If I had great footballing knowledge I'd be top of the prediction league.. I'm currently in the relegation places I think..

Plus I'd win my bets most of the time.. I lost one again today.

Just got back - should have bloody nicked it at the end.

Delighted with how strongly we finished but from the moment they scored to the moment we did, we weren't really in it. Started really brightly so I don't think our away tactics can be questioned in this game in particular, it was more a confidence issue after going a goal down - I don't think we would have scored from open play before the penalty.

Stand out player for me was Paul Coutts. I've been impressed with him all season and most of our attacks went through him, specially in the second half. When Hughes came off the ball went out wide alot more and he used it well, delivering some good crosses. But the thing that I like most is how well he links up with the RB.

Weak links today were O'Connor and Robinson. O'Connor looks like a walking red card every time the opposition attack. He's so quick to lunge forward to win the ball, and slide rather than stay on his feet. When he switched to RB he was good going forward (working with Coutts), and got a couple of good crosses in, but I've he doesn't cut it as a CB for me.

Robinson was nearly totally absent throughout, apart from being petulant over wanting to take the penalty. For someone who was so bad throughout I was surprised he had the balls to be annoyed about Ward taking it.

Thought Sammon did well when he came on. Back to goal he got the ball out wide alot to create crosses.

Looking at the amount of time both teams were on top a draw was probably a fair result but I do think we should have won considering how much we battered them at the end. Least we didn't sit on a draw and tried to do something about it.

Note for Gboro: Automatic point deduction for simulation. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Just got back - should have bloody nicked it at the end.

Delighted with how strongly we finished but from the moment they scored to the moment we did, we weren't really in it. Started really brightly so I don't think our away tactics can be questioned in this game in particular, it was more a confidence issue after going a goal down - I don't think we would have scored from open play before the penalty.

Stand out player for me was Paul Coutts. I've been impressed with him all season and most of our attacks went through him, specially in the second half. When Hughes came off the ball went out wide alot more and he used it well, delivering some good crosses. But the thing that I like most is how well he links up with the RB.

Weak links today were O'Connor and Robinson. O'Connor looks like a walking red card every time the opposition attack. He's so quick to lunge forward to win the ball, and slide rather than stay on his feet. When he switched to RB he was good going forward (working with Coutts), and got a couple of good crosses in, but I've he doesn't cut it as a CB for me.

Robinson was nearly totally absent throughout, apart from being petulant over wanting to take the penalty. For someone who was so bad throughout I was surprised he had the balls to be annoyed about Ward taking it.

Thought Sammon did well when he came on. Back to goal he got the ball out wide alot to create crosses.

Looking at the amount of time both teams were on top a draw was probably a fair result but I do think we should have won considering how much we battered them at the end. Least we didn't sit on a draw and tried to do something about it.

If I could be bothered had the time to write a short report, it would be word for word like this. Absolutely bang on, great report Asanovic! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thought swapping Bray and O'Connor around in the second half was key. Then the petty squabble Robinson had with Ward shouldn't of happened. If Clough said Ward was to take it, Ward takes it - no questions.

If I could be bothered had the time to write a short report, it would be word for word like this. Absolutely bang on, great report Asanovic! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thought swapping Bray and O'Connor around in the second half was key. Then the petty squabble Robinson had with Ward shouldn't of happened. If Clough said Ward was to take it, Ward takes it - no questions.

Did you travel down from Lincoln? Used to live there!

Did you travel down from Lincoln? Used to live there!

Yeah I drove down with the missus, left our house about 9.45 after the inspection was done and got into London around 1. We're staying down here for new year so booked a hotel for a few nights near Canary Wharf. The missus went shopping and I did football, perfect day for all! Where about in Lincoln did you live? I'm just out of the city centre at Ermine.

Agree with Asanovics report except I felt like an equaliser was coming without the penalty.

Ratings:

Legzdins - 8. World class save in the second half, good one on one save first half, good kicking for tricky conditions.

Bray - 7. Played well, and was decent at centre half. Unlucky not to score.

Keogh - 7. Played well. Won his headers and very unlucky to be booked

O'Connor - 5 - walking read card, brilliantly way to describe him. Felt he should have had a yellow first half, and the rugby tackle second was atrocious. Really do think we need to give O'Brien a decent run in the side.

Roberts - 6. Got beaten a few too times defensively but did offer a forward outlet.

Hendrick - 6. Not too sure what he offers at times. Seems to play a game without the fans thinking, what did he do well or badly.

Coutts - 7. Very good but held onto the ball too long at times. A lot of our attack came through him though.

Hughes - 6. Didn't offer too much and was struggling.

Davies - 6. Excellent set pieces but beyond that, don't think he offered much.

Tyson - 6. Did ok but should have buried chance in first half. Why don't strikers lift it over out rushing goalies?

Theo - 5. Disappointing and his petulance over the penalty was embarrassing for him. Should be dropped next game.

Sammon - 6. Held it up well and distributed well but should have buried a header.

Ward - 6. Penalty was only thing he did but at least he scored it!

Jacobs - didn't like the fact he took over the corners near the death after Davies was delivering brilliantly.

Overall, 4-4-2 was much better and we gave it a go. Lots of chances and possession and credit for Clough for making the defensive switchover at half time.

Archived