Views on NC's signings as DCFC manager

jimbobram

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see many people have chipped in but I'm yet to see a reference to why Barker is a good signing.. And how his best was better than Leacock's best..

We all know Leacock went to pot.. That's what happens with some footballers.. But it doesn't hide the fact that the guy was good during a season and contributed to the 3rd best defence in the league.. Those facts speak for themselves..

Barker has never contributed to a good defence.. Only an average one.. He in the past few years has been the best of a bad bunch, that doesn't make him good though..

$1mill for an average defender.. Yikes.. NC hasn't half blown what little money he's had on averageness at times..

Agree about Lego though.. A good signing.

I liked Leacock, but he was a sicknote who should never have been signed.

One question I'd like to ask, Bris Vegas - do you ever go to the games or are you an overseas fan?

Leacock was a good signing. Did little in the Premiership (who did?), but He must have done something right in our playoff winning season to attract interest from the likes of Aston Villa.

Low confidence, injury, bad hairstyles, poor management affected his game. Also being played out of position against your dearest rivals didn't help.

Was a good player though, even if it was for that one season.

I see many people have chipped in but I'm yet to see a reference to why Barker is a good signing.. And how his best was better than Leacock's best..

We all know Leacock went to pot.. That's what happens with some footballers.. But it doesn't hide the fact that the guy was good during a season and contributed to the 3rd best defence in the league.. Those facts speak for themselves..

Barker has never contributed to a good defence.. Only an average one.. He in the past few years has been the best of a bad bunch, that doesn't make him good though..

$1mill for an average defender.. Yikes.. NC hasn't half blown what little money he's had on averageness at times..

Agree about Lego though.. A good signing.

He is a commanding centre half, good in the air, no slouch and also offers an attacking threat from corners.

Also a very good leader, reflected in the fact that he is our club captain.

You say a good player is someone who does it consistently over a large number of games but then in this post you say Leacock went to pot...which would indicate that it was temporary good form rather than class.

From someone who was at the City Ground the night they had his pants round his ankles I would have even struggled to even notice he was a professional footballer.

And are you suggesting that one good defender alone should be good enough to carry a whole defence and goalkeeper?

Leacock is strange, people are being harsh on him for that promotion season, cos he was very good that season. Composed on the ball and was part of a rock solid defence. You cant deny, for that season he was quality.

Ever since then he's been complete sh*te, which is strange, cos he's got a lot of good attributes to make a decent centre half.

Leacock is strange, people are being harsh on him for that promotion season, cos he was very good that season. Composed on the ball and was part of a rock solid defence. You cant deny, for that season he was quality.

Ever since then he's been complete sh*te, which is strange, cos he's got a lot of good attributes to make a decent centre half.

Leacock was by far the more naturally talented of the two and should have had a long career in the Prem. The reason he hasn't is probably only known by Dean himself.

So would you class a player that has had 1 good season out of 11 a good player?

Or maybe it was just the Billy had the knack of getting the best out of not very good players?

The thing is with Barker, the vast majority of the fans who see him play reckon he's a good player.

Therefore he's a good player.

What other definition could possibly matter.

The vast majority being biased Derby fans you mean.. I told my Reading mate that Derby fans thought Barker would walk into any side in the top 6... He wet himself laughing, saying if it wasn't for Barker they wouldn't have walked away with 3 points from PP..

Leacock was decent for one season as EKR says.. And he was a major factor for us winning promotion.. Without our rock solid defence we wouldn't have been anywhere near the playoffs.. Yet people keep harping on about the wonders Barker has done for Derby and how good he is..

Barks is an awesome guy.. A really likeable person.. He's just an average footballer who gets far too much praise for his personality rather than his footballing ability.. I still can't believe people are trying to convince themselves $1mill was good business for an average NPC defender.. I bet more half the league have spent less than that on a defender and found a better one..

The vast majority being biased Derby fans you mean.. I told my Reading mate that Derby fans thought Barker would walk into any side in the top 6... He wet himself laughing, saying if it wasn't for Barker they wouldn't have walked away with 3 points from PP..

Leacock was decent for one season as EKR says.. And he was a major factor for us winning promotion.. Without our rock solid defence we wouldn't have been anywhere near the playoffs.. Yet people keep harping on about the wonders Barker has done for Derby and how good he is..

Barks is an awesome guy.. A really likeable person.. He's just an average footballer who gets far too much praise for his personality rather than his footballing ability.. I still can't believe people are trying to convince themselves $1mill was good business for an average NPC defender.. I bet more half the league have spent less than that on a defender and found a better one..

I don't get it at all bris.....

I've never heard people saying he'd walk into any other side, where is all this coming from. People who have watched Barker play for us think he's a good signing.

That's it. There's no trying to convince ourselves, its just what we see with our own eyes.

I've never heard people saying he'd walk into any other side, where is all this coming from. People who have watched Barker play for us think he's a good signing.

That's it. There's no trying to convince ourselves, its just what we see with our own eyes.

Spot on. And I don't give a **** about his personality, I don't know the guy!

Lack of concentration. He has the attention span of a toddler.

His attributes, what's missing that could make him a PL defender? I liked him and still reckon up until I last saw him there's a good defender in there. Very good.

But concentration is a big deal. It ruins everything if you can't stay switched on. Shame. He's a player that should of been good but mostly wasn't.

It doesn't what your opinion or what anyone elses is, based merely on seeing him lay regularly. What does that prove? You should simply judge every single one of ort players on their highest championship finish so far. .hat's what all the top clubs do when they are scouting players. The don't bother going to watch them, they just look who finishes where and then buy someone.

It doesn't what your opinion or what anyone elses is, based merely on seeing him lay regularly. What does that prove? You should simply judge every single one of ort players on their highest championship finish so far. .hat's what all the top clubs do when they are scouting players. The don't bother going to watch them, they just look who finishes where and then buy someone.

What a ridiculous statement.. Barker is at the tail end of his career whilst many DCFC players are early to mid twenties..

Is this your attempt at trying to disprove the fact that Leacock's best is better than Barker's best and Barker is non other than an average NPC defender which we spent far too much for?

Archived