Views on NC's signings as DCFC manager

jimbobram

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My philosophy of rating players is baed on their attributes and how they apply them on the pitch..

Leacock applied his attributes far better than Barker be it only for a season therefore when they both retire Leacock's prime was better than Barker's prime..

How are you not getting this? Or is it you do get it and just don't want to accept it?

I'll await your next pointless and rubbish post with great anticipation

My philosophy of rating players is baed on their attributes and how they apply them on the pitch..

Leacock applied his attributes far better than Barker be it only for a season therefore when they both retire Leacock's prime was better than Barker's prime..

How are you not getting this? Or is it you do get it and just don't want to accept it?

I'll await your next pointless and rubbish post with great anticipation

The overwhelming majority would agree that Barker is worth two Leacocks in your squad. You don't agree, fine, but really, give over man.

I see many people have chipped in but I'm yet to see a reference to why Barker is a good signing.. And how his best was better than Leacock's best..

We all know Leacock went to pot.. That's what happens with some footballers.. But it doesn't hide the fact that the guy was good during a season and contributed to the 3rd best defence in the league.. Those facts speak for themselves..

Barker has never contributed to a good defence.. Only an average one.. He in the past few years has been the best of a bad bunch, that doesn't make him good though..

$1mill for an average defender.. Yikes.. NC hasn't half blown what little money he's had on averageness at times..

Agree about Lego though.. A good signing.

You know how we know he was a better signing, we've watched them both play and we've seen Leacock flounder over and over again whilst Barker has put in many top shifts. People are actually capable of telling what a good player is and can actually understand that a team's overall performance can't be given to one player in the squad. I've offered you a full explanation already for why Leacock was able to be part of such a good defence if he was such a limited player, but you rejected it seemingly only because it wasn't written by you. If that's how you want to be, fine.

If you want a reason to think that Barker has clearly been the better player for longer, then the "facts" are all there, including where the respective players are now. But hey... I know you have little care for the facts.

You know how we know he was a better signing, we've watched them both play and we've seen Leacock flounder over and over again whilst Barker has put in many top shifts. People are actually capable of telling what a good player is and can actually understand that a team's overall performance can't be given to one player in the squad. I've offered you a full explanation already for why Leacock was able to be part of such a good defence if he was such a limited player, but you rejected it seemingly only because it wasn't written by you. If that's how you want to be, fine.

If you want a reason to think that Barker has clearly been the better player for longer, then the "facts" are all there, including where the respective players are now. But hey... I know you have little care for the facts.

Where they are now?

Ok let's go for the juggler.. Barker is a better signing than Stimac.. Do you know why? Because barker is still here and Stimac doesn't even play anymore..

We all saw Leacock perform to a good standard during a season that eclipsed anything Barker has done in his entire career.. And he was cheaper..

But please.. Continue with these facts, they're really swinging the debate in your favour

Where they are now?

Ok let's go for the juggler.. Barker is a better signing than Stimac.. Do you know why? Because barker is still here and Stimac doesn't even play anymore..

We all saw Leacock perform to a good standard during a season that eclipsed anything Barker has done in his entire career.. And he was cheaper..

But please.. Continue with these facts, they're really swinging the debate in your favour

Wow... that's a mighty fine strawman you've got there. Of course we've talking about exactly where the players are, and not where they are at in their careers. I mean, you could realise that the discussion was related to the fact that the younger Leacock is now barely League One level, whilst Barker is our captain.

Leacock at no point was better than Barker. He was a decent Championship defender, who with an experienced partner and an organised defence was able to perform well. Without such structure he floundered and looked amateur in the Premier League, before looking very average with us back in the Championship. During the time they both played here, Barker was clearly the better player. Are you saying that Leacock was a star for us who's sadly fallen off dramatically after one season? Or are you saying Leacock was the outright better player?

Speaking of fees again though, can you name one Championship defender at £1 mil who's not over the hill who you think is better than Barker? I'm just curious.

Youve just spent two days repeating the mantra that Barker is aerage because he hasnt finished above 12th in the NPC and Leacock is better because he was in a team that finished higger. What happens when i expose that as ridiculous thinking. Aha so now it's all about a players attributes and how he applies them on the pitch.

Would you like to add anything constructive to the debate or are you still trying to deflect attention away from the fact that Barker is average and at $1mill was anything but a 'good buy'

...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

You are a classic Bris!

Still using $s as well. It isn't that hard to use the correct currency, but then again, why bother when you're already ignoring the facts.

Have a good one mate!

Bris, just so we are all clear can you please explain what criteria you are using to judge Leacock against Barker.

You already seem to have backtracked on the ridiculous theory that Leacock was in a team that finished higher than any team Barker has been part of.

I asked if you were judging on the performance of the defence as a whole but you chose to ignore this.

It is ok asking everyone why they think Barker is above average and when they give answers ignoring them but you have to understand that the people you are arguing with have watched him week in week out, not just seen him in highlights or looked at defending stats on the internet.

Despite the fact that I often disagree with your comments, I do actually believe you do have a decent footballing brain as I would call it. So I challenge you to compare Leacock and Barker on the attributes that make a good or bad defender.

Thanks.

Bris, just so we are all clear can you please explain what criteria you are using to judge Leacock against Barker.

You already seem to have backtracked on the ridiculous theory that Leacock was in a team that finished higher than any team Barker has been part of.

I asked if you were judging on the performance of the defence as a whole but you chose to ignore this.

It is ok asking everyone why they think Barker is above average and when they give answers ignoring them but you have to understand that the people you are arguing with have watched him week in week out, not just seen him in highlights or looked at defending stats on the internet.

Despite the fact that I often disagree with your comments, I do actually believe you do have a decent footballing brain as I would call it. So I challenge you to compare Leacock and Barker on the attributes that make a good or bad defender.

Thanks.

I hope you have cleared your diary for 48 hours GStar

Niges first full season at home against Bristol City, centre back partnership that day was Leacock and Barker and I thought it was one of the best partnerships I had seen so there.....

Also that season I thought Lee Croft had some very good games at home....

I have no source for any of the above!

Hi guys. This is my first post to ‘Dilapidated Cars - Ford Cortina fans forum’ so please be gentle with me.

I’d like to say that when you have a malfunctioning car engine that continuously overheats and makes loud strange noises then you should take your foot off the accelerator.

But if the engine’s never worked well and isn’t fixable, then pushing it to destruction is probably the most fun you can have with it.

Sadly engines like that rarely blow up in spectacular fashion but just make a final whiney noise and stop.

Archived